PDA

View Full Version : Year of 100 Questions: #19

King Triton
05-03-2007, 09:05 AM
There are all kinds of room configurations on Disney property. But I want to take a look at a choice you have when booking a room at one of the "standard" deluxes (AKL/WL). Do you prefer a room with 2 queens or a room with one queen and a bunk bed. While considering your vote, do factor in that the bunk rooms cost a little more.

Q20 will appear in Dining, most likely on Friday.

avantgardeinker
05-03-2007, 09:36 AM
If I had two kids I might go with the bunk bed, but as it stands right now, there's only the 3 of us, so 2 queens would suffice.

217 more days!!
:mickey:

Mickey91
05-03-2007, 09:40 AM
I voted for bunks. My children fight too much to sleep together and with DS hitting "that age" it is nice when we get a chance to put them in separate beds. They love the bunks at WL and we have been fortunate enough to get them the two times we have stayed there. I am, however, disappointed that Disney has made these more expensive. I'm not sure it will be worth it to pay that much more. For a couple of nights it wouldn't be so bad, but for a week's stay, we could stay in a queen room a night longer. Being at Disney another night and day does have its appeal!:mickey:

BigRedDad
05-03-2007, 09:48 AM
There is no caveat to this question, so answering will be a little more difficult. We only have 1 DD. She is only 16 months (today). When we go to WDW, it will only be DW, DD, and myself in a room. Having 2 queen beds is not much use for us. Our DD will love a bunk bed when she is older. Also, she may have a friend that would go with us as well.

biodtl
05-03-2007, 11:03 AM
I like the idea of the bunks, but go with the queens based on cost. My kids don't mind sharing (at WDW, that is - at home, forget it) and we'd rather spend the money on other things.

lyle21
05-03-2007, 11:19 AM
i stayed in the wl once and it was a bunk bed room. did not like it. i can only imagine that the two queen room would be a bit bigger. the bunk bed room was very small and we kept bumping our shins, heads, and toes on the beds.

if i were to stay there again (which i will, lovely place) i will request no bunks!!

mudpuppysmom
05-03-2007, 11:20 AM
I voted for two queens.....DS likes to wander around too much to "find mom" in the middle of the night -- I wouldn't want him falling out of the top bunk (which is where he likes to sleep when he has the chance!

Tynkerbelle
05-03-2007, 11:45 AM
Since we don't have kids, I voted for 2 queens - besides, I have sooo many happy memories of sharing a bed with my sister while on our WDW vacations (sarcasm intended - sorry sis, but I love ya anyway!)....

When DBF & I go we get one king where we can (just like being home!).

Spaceship Tigger
05-03-2007, 12:08 PM
This is a good question since it relates directly to what happened to us recently. We had booked a courtyard view WL room with two queens but when we tried to change our reservation (through MJ) for free dining, the only WL courtyard view room we could get was a bunk bed room. We didn't want it because of the $25 increase in price. Since the courtyard view WL bunk room that we didn't want was almost $300, we just switched to the Poly for a bit more.

King Triton
05-03-2007, 12:10 PM
I went with the bunk, but the added cost made it a little more difficult to decide.

We have two tweenish kids, one's a DD and the other a DS, which dictates they need to be separated. So the choice is: get the two queens and have DD and DW in one and me and DS in the other, or get the bunks and DW and I can take the queen. I don't appreciate the $30 or so extra for the bunk room, especially since it is a new charge, but Disney has the right to do what they please.

So, for anything more than a night or two, I'd go with the bunk.

January-2007
05-03-2007, 12:53 PM
It's just DH and me so we DO NOT want bunkbeds in the room. I think it'd be neat to have for families with kids, but for just us, we prefer two queens.

Mom2princesses
05-03-2007, 02:15 PM
I voted for the 2 queen beds. I have two girls and I know my little Monkey (3 years old the end of this month) would fight with her 10 year old sister for the top bed and I would not sleep a wink. Believe it or not they still fight with 7 years between them! So they will have to be happy sleeping together in the queen size bed!

c&d
05-03-2007, 02:46 PM
Voted for the 2 queens only because DS wouldn't be able to get "all his traveling guys" in the smaller bed.

dumbo ears
05-03-2007, 03:47 PM
2 queen beds because for us persoanlly nobody in our family wants to sleep on a bunk bed.

SBETigg
05-03-2007, 03:53 PM
This is one reason we don't stay AKL/WL. We prefer two queens and a day bed. I answered too hastily and I should have said bunk, but I said two queens. If I did stay WL/AKL, it would be bunk.

WDWfeelslikehome
05-03-2007, 04:59 PM
DW and I are in the process of adopting our first child, so I went with two queens for now. When we have two children though, as they get a little older I would definitely pick the bunks.

GrmGrninGost
05-03-2007, 10:39 PM
Having 2 DKs that think the bunk beds are great, I have to vote bunk beds. However, I really think it stinks you have to pay more now to get them!:mad:

RAIDER
05-04-2007, 03:32 AM
Sounds silly but the extra bed is excellent for packing and unpacking :secret: :D

BritCody
05-04-2007, 06:36 AM
We would go with the 2 queens. It is just our preference.

Caroleh
05-04-2007, 08:01 AM
I went with 2 queens...just the DH ad I we don't need a bunk bed..;) or just too old for bunks!!!

princessjojo
05-04-2007, 08:29 AM
Because we have 2 DS, I had to go with the 2 bunk beds. They are terrible bed partners and come our bruised and beat-up looking when they have to share beds. Before we purchased our DVC we were looking at bunks for our next vacation for that very reason.

4ubie1
05-04-2007, 11:37 AM
If I had kids that were old enough that wanted to stay in their own bunk bed, then i would have voted for them. BUT since i don't, I went with the two queen beds.:D

Kairi_7378
05-04-2007, 09:52 PM
DH and I usually get King beds when we go on vacation. (Not that we need them, we are both under 5'-4"... it's just a treat.) If we have 2 beds in a room, we usually stick our suitcases and the next days' clothes in them.

I don't think I would pay extra for a bunk bed... that would be the deal breaker between staying on and off property.

mrsgaribaldi
05-05-2007, 11:06 PM
I have no kids but I've always wanted to sleep in a bunk bed so I went with that:blush: :secret:

Bethanymouse
05-05-2007, 11:33 PM
I went with the 2 queens simply because bunks dont pertain to us- we have no kids!

Yano
05-07-2007, 12:20 AM
With a family of five it is more convenient for us to take a bunk bed for our older kids, and a crib or play bin for our 3year old. Our older two are DD 10 and DS 8, so I feel that its best for each to get their own bed especially that my DS turns a lot when he's sleeping.
:grad: :flower:

Dawnya
05-07-2007, 01:13 PM
I had to go with the 2 Queen beds. I have 3 kids and it would be a NIGHTMARE trying to decide who got to sleep where (and no sharing a bed, that would be horrible-end-of-the world stuff).

mdearmas
08-02-2007, 11:57 AM
I guess right now I'd go with 2 queen beds since i don't have any kids but I can see how the 1 queen bed and the bunks would work better with multiple children. lol
:goofy:
woo hoo this is my 100th post