PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Value Resort for October?

WDWfeelslikehome
05-02-2007, 08:47 PM
DW and I have family members taking their first trip together to WDW this fall. They are looking at value resorts. DW and I have only stayed at Pop, and we loved it especially the food court. We want to give them an unbiased opinion though, and would appreciate any and all input about the value resorts in Oct.:thanks:

Mickey91
05-02-2007, 10:10 PM
We love the Pop!! We have stayed at all of the values at one time or another. They are all fine. The exception is that Pop seems more open and vibrant, probably because it is newer. It also has the best food court and store (gotta love those refillable icees!!) The Hippy Dippy Pool is way cooler than any of the others(just my humble opinion)

The buses to the parks are better at Pop.

The buses from the parks are better at All Stars (they get more and more often because of being three resorts).

Pop has the beautiful lake to walk by.
I just love the Pop. I would go for that one!

I'm not sure the time of year would make a difference. Pop generally fills up before the All Stars so I guess there are plenty of others who like it best too. If crowds are a factor, the All Stars would probably have less people. Especially the Sports. I think it usually fills up last.

Hope this helps a little!

Have fun!!:mickey:

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
05-02-2007, 10:26 PM
We prefer AS Movies. We have not stayed at the other All Stars. We stayed at Pop our last trip and we were not thrilled with it.

Pop is just too big of a resort for us. The food court was overcrowded and loud at all times of the day. The selection and quality were good, it was just overwhelming.

The rooms were very comparable.

The buses were fine at both resorts. Both were extremely busy after the fireworks, Fantasmic, etc.

We like the pool at Movies better then the Hippy Dippy pool. We have not been since the refurb though.

All that being said, I would stay at either if it meant a trip to the World. I would hope for AS Movies, though. ;)

hoop de do
05-03-2007, 04:08 PM
First is POP and if you can't get that then try POP and my third choice would be POP. Hope I didn't confuse you. :D :thumbsup:

GrmGrninGost
05-03-2007, 10:44 PM
I would take PC regardless of the month! It is really cool!:mickey:

WDWfeelslikehome
05-09-2007, 11:19 PM
bump :secret:

wrfd18
05-10-2007, 12:02 AM
My vote is for Movies, I have stayed at all 3 all stars. My least favorite is Music I think it layed out poorly, we stayed at country fair which is the farthest buildings which made for a long walk at the end of the day.

I like Movies because of the themeing with the movie characters. My kids really like that part.