PDA

View Full Version : Contemporary construction?

pugslave
05-02-2007, 07:03 PM
My friends are going to the Contemporary at Christmas time, and I have read about some construction that is going on. Does anyone know about this?

Figment!
05-03-2007, 12:26 PM
It might help if you were more specific on what construction you "heard" about.

The North Wing Section of the hotel has just completed its demolition. Besides potentially moving around some dirt, at-the-moment there is not much construction going on at this site.

The new arcade has just completed its renovations and has opened on the Grand Concourse level.

Currently there are no major construction tasks on-going at the resort; however, this could change in several months.

javamama
05-07-2007, 01:01 AM
On a boat ride two weeks ago from WL to Contemp, the driver said they were starting more work soon--what that was I don't know. We did see lots of work being done, on the side of the resort closest to Space Mountain, I think it used to be Garden rooms over there. They said DVC was going there.

BrerSchultzy
05-07-2007, 10:07 AM
Figment! has posted some updates over in the News & Rumors section. Very detailed timeframe.

ilvdisney
05-08-2007, 09:18 PM
Is anyone bothered by the changes goin on at the Contemporary Resort? I've been staying at this hotel since I was a little kid and hearing about all the changes is really depressing. I'm all for change but the Food and Fun Center at the Contemp was the best and the arcade couldn't be beat! Plus the food place and arcade were open 24 hours - something I have not found at any other Disney resort, and they were both easy to get to from any resort room. I found at other resorts (AK, All Stars,) I never got to use my refillable mugs and could not get a fountain beverage after midnight!! Also, I'm worried about the building of the new 15 floor DVC (or not DVC) building. Can you imagine what the 4th floor is going to look like with all the people from that building coming over to eat, play in the arcade or most worrying - to get on the monorail?? Not to mention - where is everyone going to park?? I had trouble last August finding spots to park when the North wing was closed!! I'm afraid, very afraid!!

TammiMcMan
05-09-2007, 01:23 AM
Plus the food place and arcade were open 24 hours - something I have not found at any other Disney resort, and they were both easy to get to from any resort room. I found at other resorts (AK, All Stars,) I never got to use my refillable mugs and could not get a fountain beverage after midnight!!The GF's counter service restaurant and arcade are open 24 hours.

ilvdisney
05-10-2007, 05:18 PM
Thanks for the info! The GF is way out of my price range though! Are the resaurant and arcade as centrally located as at the Contemp or do you have to walk a mile to get to them like at AK?

TammiMcMan
05-10-2007, 05:59 PM
Thanks for the info! The GF is way out of my price range though! Are the resaurant and arcade as centrally located as at the Contemp or do you have to walk a mile to get to them like at AK?That's fine, I was just following up on the fact that you hadn't found any other resorts with a 24 hour counterservice. The location is very centrally located to all the lodges and probably not more than a 2 or 3 minute walk. I imagine it's not any different than walking from the garden wing at the CR.