PDA

View Full Version : will we make it for dinner?

the real Alice
05-02-2007, 04:57 PM
We are going Sept 29 (hopefully we'll miss the free dining crowd). We arrive at the Orlando airport at 5:30pm. Last time we went in March we had to wait on the ME bus for a while before we left. We will be waiting forever since it should be a slow season?

Should we make late dinner reservations or will we be pushing it to get to the hotel, check in and then to the Poly from Pop?

Thanks!

emmatink
05-02-2007, 05:03 PM
I was wondering the same thing. We are going in Oct. Are plane lands at 5:40 and we have dinner reservations for 7:20 at our resort.

Strmchsr
05-02-2007, 05:19 PM
It usually take 90-120 minutes from the moment you land until you arrive at your resort with DME (sometimes less, we made it in 70 min last time, but that's a good average). Then you have to plan on 30 minutes or so to check in, get your keys, put your carry-ons in your room, freshen up, and so on. Then count on 10ish minutes waiting on a bus, 15-20 min getting to the park, and then walking time from the park gate to your ADR. So, "running flat out like a lizard drinking" as the late, great Steve Irwin used to say, I would think 2 1/2 hours minimum from the moment you land to get to your ADR.

DizneyRox
05-02-2007, 05:35 PM
I would think 2 1/2 hours minimum from the moment you land to get to your ADR.
Agreed... At least 2 1/2 hours, but to be sure, I would plan on three. Resort t resort transportation is not sometihng that's considered efficient.

You could be waiting up to 20 minutes or so for a bus, then the time ON the bus. Don't underestimate a transfer.

I've had times where we landed at 11am and been in a park a little after 12 (using Happy Limo BTW), but for the most part, I wouldn't plan on getting that lucky. I might guess that you're doing a Luau and if you miss the show, you're out the money. Don't chance it.