PDA

View Full Version : December Discounts?

disneykaitie26
05-02-2007, 12:57 PM
We are almost about to book our December 6-10th dates. Last year there was a discount for December packages and I looked in the Historic Discount section here on Info Central and it seems like every year, they put out a December package special. From what I remember last year, it was a certain percentage off the package, please clarify that for me. I was just wondering if I book my package now can I go back later when this discount is announced and apply it to my package?

(Will there most likely be a discount?)

SurferStitch
05-02-2007, 01:05 PM
Yeah, we're hoping for some sort of discount for our 12/6-12/17 trip. We went during the same time last December, and I was told our discount was with the DDP. We saved quite a nice amount with the reduced price dining special.

We book through Magical Journeys, so I never have to worry about applying any discounts....Melissa (my little vacation fairy godmother) always takes care of all of that for me. I love getting those emails that say, "Congrats...I just saved you $(insert dollar amount here)!"

Since you haven't booked yet, I highly, highly, HIGHLY recommend booking through them. You WILL save the most money possible!!

Strmchsr
05-02-2007, 02:37 PM
:ditto: on booking with MJ. It saves you a lot of hassle.

Though we never know for certain, it's a fairly safe assumption that some sort of discount will be announced for nov/dec in mid to late August. I would recommend going ahead and booking your vacation package now with Magical Journeys and only pay the deposit. Your full balance isn't due until 45 days before arrival so pay the deposit, when the discount comes out MJ adjusts your package price, and then you can pay the remaining discounted balance instead of paying now and trying to get a refund then.

LuvAllPrincesses
05-03-2007, 01:17 PM
We went Dec 9-16 and it was never really clear what the discount was for - it wasn't really a flat rate off of anything particular - just off of your package in general and was different based on level of hotel, etc. We ended up saving $800 off of what we originally booked for our 7 days, which was comparable to getting free dining without really calling it free dining. There is a limited number available per hotel, so book now and if you use MJ they'll take care of it. If not, you need to check this site daily to be sure you get in on what you want ASAP. The crowd levels at that time were more busy than I expected, but very tolerable. The weather was perfect!

disneykaitie26
05-06-2007, 09:56 PM
Thank you all for your input! Now that we are almost positive that there should be a package discount in December we are about to book our December 6-10 vacation. We plan on going to MVMCP on December 6th, would this be a good day?

faline
05-07-2007, 05:44 AM
Shouldn't be a bad day for Mickey's party! We generally try to pick a week night and stay away from weekends - the 6th is a Thursday so you fit tha criteria!

amy711
05-07-2007, 08:01 AM
Now I have a question. I made my reservations through AAA, when this discount is made available will they apply it to my vacation or do I have to ask for it?:confused:

CanadianWDWFan
05-07-2007, 08:31 AM
Now I have a question. I made my reservations through AAA, when this discount is made available will they apply it to my vacation or do I have to ask for it?:confused:
You will have to ask AAA to apply the discount. I learned this the hard way. I figured our AAA Disney "expert" would know all this discount stuff. We we were wrong. We figured that we could have saved an additional $400 on our December 2005 trip.

Of course I found out about the discount after we got back home.:(

amy711
05-07-2007, 09:37 AM
You will have to ask AAA to apply the discount. I learned this the hard way. I figured our AAA Disney "expert" would know all this discount stuff. We we were wrong. We figured that we could have saved an additional $400 on our December 2005 trip.

Of course I found out about the discount after we got back home.:(

I called my travel agent and asked her about the discount and she said when I hear about it call her up and she will apply the discount. 208 days to go till my first Disney Vacation!!!!:mickey:

LuvAllPrincesses
05-07-2007, 12:13 PM
You will have to be right on top of it - check Intercot daily in the summer, at least the headliners, get right on the phone with AAA, and be sure they get on it right that minute. My parents own a travel agency, and I knew about the deal the day it came out thanks to Intercot, and my mother did not. Disney does not contact travel agents right away to tell them about deals, so unless you use MJ, you are on your own for finding these kind of deals. We had booked a family suite but when the package deal came up, switched to two rooms at Pop since discounts do not apply to suites, but space is limited at each resort. I know people who didn't get on it quick enough and had to change resorts (not by choice) in order to get the discount, and had to decide if it was worth changing resorts (which I believe they ended up doing, it just didn't make the deal quite so sweet for them!)

d_m_n_n
05-07-2007, 12:18 PM
I called my travel agent and asked her about the discount and she said when I hear about it call her up and she will apply the discount. 208 days to go till my first Disney Vacation!!!!:mickey:

This is the reason why we went with Magical Journeys! I was afraid I would miss an announcement or not get through in time (since there are only so many rooms at each resort for discounts) to snag one. We will go regardless, but if I can save a little $$$ it is so worth it!! :mickey: