PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Value Resort for Fall ?

WDWfeelslikehome
05-02-2007, 12:54 PM
DW and I have family members taking their first trip together to WDW this fall. They are looking at value resorts. DW and I have only stayed at Pop in the values, and we loved it especially the food court. We want to give them an unbiased opinion though, and would appreciate any and all input about the value resorts in Oct.:thanks:

January-2007
05-02-2007, 01:46 PM
We stayed at Pop Century last October and loved it. We decided to go on a spur of the moment trip and enjoyed it a lot. The food court was very pleasant, I think because Free Dining had ended a few weeks prior all the value minded people who would have gone in October bumped their trip up a bit. That's what we think. It was a great resort to stay in, a very nice introduction to Walt Disney World for my husband (who previously had only stayed at the Contemporary and Polynesian, but doesn't remember much since he was a toddler). I think it's a good choice. :mickey:

Kate In Wonderland
05-02-2007, 05:23 PM
I've stayed at All-Star Sports and All-Star Music as well as Pop. I absolutely love Pop - it's my favorite value resort. And I absolutely HATE the All-Star Sports and Music (ok, "hate" is a strong word, especially since we're talking about Disney here. How about "strongly dislike").

I know that all of them are value resorts, but for me (and my DH), Pop seems just so much better. Maybe it's just me, because I know others have no problem with the All-Stars. I've stayed at most of the resorts (AKL, Poly, WL, all the moderates, etc), and I still put Pop towards the top of my list.

Tell them to "Go to Pop! Go to Pop!" Oh, wait you were looking for an unbiased opinion weren't you...;)

TheMartellFamily
05-02-2007, 05:52 PM
I sorry we have only stayed at POP because we love it so much. We have not felt like we wanted to tr the others out. It is a newer, lots to offer resort. The food court is great so much to choose from. There are 3 pools and the bus line is the only one, meaning they do not have to share with other resorts. The only thing is with all value resorts on site is that the rooms are on the small side but that is ok since you are only in there to sleep. So you can tell your friends that POP is the best one to stay at.

AllDisney
05-02-2007, 06:10 PM
We have stayed at all the value resorts. We like them all (Pop perhaps more because it is newer & has a nice food court). Our least favorite is Sports, because it seems louder (I think all the visiting bands, cheerleading squads etc. stay there). All are unique in their own way. No matter which one you pick, I don't think you'll be disappointed.

At the end of the day we look forward to a swim in the pool and then to bed. We don't spend much time in our room so the size is not an issue with us. It's a great value and it's wonderful to be on the Disney property to take in ALL the magic!

GrmGrninGost
05-03-2007, 11:52 PM
Having stayed at all the value resorts, I have to say PC is my favorite!:mickey:

Mickey91
05-04-2007, 12:26 AM
We have stayed at all the value resorts and even the kids like the Pop better!:mickey:

Crow
05-04-2007, 08:29 PM
My first onsite resort was AllStar
but i like Pop much better, theming, its newer, more centrally located.

mttafire
05-05-2007, 01:07 AM
We are big fans of as Movies. If we cant spend the extra cash for moderate or deluxe we almost always stay at Movies. Why? I guess personal preference. They all are clean and YES, POP is newer and that makes a difference. But we only tried POP once,For some reason we felt Movies was more "Disney":mickey:

johnO
05-05-2007, 10:51 AM
I'd have to agree with mttafire. We've stayed at Pop, Movies and Sports. I think we all agreed that Pop was nice, but very big. Our room was sooo far from the bus stop, food court etc... We went in Early February, when crowds are limited, and the food court was unbelievable crowded. Overall we did like Pop, we just don't see why many think it is so much better than the others.

We loved Movies. It is a lot smaller then Pop and you can get around a lot faster. The theming is very "Disney".

disneymom15
05-05-2007, 11:12 AM
We've stayed at all the values. Our favorite is POP. We like the food court and the fact that POP has its own buses. AS movies would be our next choice and it would be a toss up between AS Sports & Music. We haven't stayed at Music since they remodeled. I curious on peoples opinions on the remodels.

mrsgaribaldi
05-05-2007, 11:22 AM
We have stayed at all of the values and Pop is our favorite. We are staying there tomorrow for the 3rd time I think, maybe 4th. When we take short trips we don't stay in the room much. I love the food court at Pop too. It was better than the one at the Contemporary:mickey: