PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Trip and Reschedule

BigRedDad
05-02-2007, 11:30 AM
After much planning, mind changing, and trying to coordinate a trip to WDW, we have decided 2007 is not the year to do it. We are going to go in 2008.

Here is the dilemma and question. My DW is a teacher. We are going to go over her Spring Break (late March through first week of April). I know it is crowded over that time. At some point next school year, her school will be converted to a year-round school (on 9 weeks, off 3 weeks). The dilemma is that we can delay from Spring Break or wait until she is off for 3 weeks in Sept - Dec (we won't know when she will actually be off until a long way from now). By waiting, we will definitely be out of the "Busy Seasons". Our DD will be that much older (2.5 by then).

Question: If I book during Spring Break, can I cancel/reschedule the trip to another date without penalty?

faline
05-02-2007, 11:39 AM
If you book a package, you can cancel up to 45 days prior to leaving for your trip. If you book room only, you can cancel up to 5 days before leaving.

January-2007
05-02-2007, 11:46 AM
If you book a room-only resort stay then you have up until 5 days before check in to cancel and get a full refund. When booking packages it is a little more complicated. I know you have to pay in full 45 days before your check in date, so I believe you have to cancel before the 45 day mark to get a full refund or you will see cancellation charges. On the other hand, you might want to inquire if it is possible to just change the dates instead of a full fledged cancellation, then maybe they won't charge? I don't know. I've only done room only for my trips. September is my first package, and we are definately going so I haven't really done much research about it. I would say just book a room only if you think you might want to cancel it, because it is a lot less of a hassle.

Also, I agree with you about the fall being a great time for your trip. Not only will your daughter be older, but the rates are cheaper, your wife will have more than a week off (do I see extending a vaca in your future?), and the crowds should be a lot less dense. Happy planning! :mickey: