PDA

View Full Version : AK Dining and Yak and Yeti

DisneyDudet
05-02-2007, 03:00 AM
Ok.. now that Tusker House will be closed for a good long while, and as a CS, maybe forever, what that leaves only 2 CS restaurants? I've looked at the menus online (here and others.. always different) of Flame Tree and Pizzafari and neither sound appealing to us, as we ALWAYS eat at Tusker House. Also, if they close a restaurant that has a lot of guests (always hard to get a table no matter what time of day we went), how are they going to compensate for the crowds? I can't see how this will be a good thing at all.

Also, I read somewhere that the Yak and Yeti will have a CS component? Is that true? Also, does anyone know about the types of food they will have here?

Thanks all!

RAIDER
05-02-2007, 04:03 AM
Ive read from other websites its going to be oriental /asian based ..which i suppose makes sense

DisneyDudet
05-02-2007, 04:42 AM
It does make sense, I just hope its good Asian... not all sushi..

Not real sure I want to eat somewhere with Yak in the name :ack:

Figment!
05-02-2007, 08:57 AM
Also, I read somewhere that the Yak and Yeti will have a CS component? Is that true? Also, does anyone know about the types of food they will have here?The concept art shows 4 separate quick service counters.

As far as cuisine, it has not really been defined much beyond "Asian".

SurferStitch
05-02-2007, 09:27 AM
DisneyDudet:

I thought the same way as you when it came to Flame Tree, until we ate there. OMG....the food was soooooo good. DH and I are big Tusker House fans, but decided to try Flame Tree one of the days we were at AK, and we were so pleasantly surprised. You may want to give it a try.

Looking forward to Yak and Yeti, too. I love Asian food, so it's right up our alley.

Spaceship Tigger
05-02-2007, 12:01 PM
Also, if they close a restaurant that has a lot of guests (always hard to get a table no matter what time of day we went), how are they going to compensate for the crowds? I can't see how this will be a good thing at all.

This sounds like a really strange decision. Why would they close Tusker House before the opening of Yak and Yeti? Couldn't they wait a couple of months? So now AK will have basically three CS places for a while, and in September during Free DIning no less. Great planning there.

DisneyDudet
05-02-2007, 06:10 PM
DisneyDudet:

I thought the same way as you when it came to Flame Tree, until we ate there. OMG....the food was soooooo good. DH and I are big Tusker House fans, but decided to try Flame Tree one of the days we were at AK, and we were so pleasantly surprised. You may want to give it a try.

Looking forward to Yak and Yeti, too. I love Asian food, so it's right up our alley.

We ate there once after AK opened, and were not impressed. I guess they've fixed all that. Looks like we have no choice but to try it, along with everyone else in the park.