PDA

View Full Version : I'm Fostering Some Babies!!

MMouse6937
05-02-2007, 12:49 AM
Baby kittens that is! I got my first assignment from the Animal Humane Association to foster some kitten babies (I have been volunteering on Sat mornings walking shelter dogs). I have a mamma cat and her three baby boys. They are about 3 weeks old and as sweet as anything you've seen. They are still nursing on mom and I will keep them untill they are weaned and everyone can be put up for adoption. It is very exciting, and I'm having a great time loving and socializing them. My boss is even letting me bring them into work so they aren't alone all day.

Anyone who knows me on here knows I'm a huge animal lover which makes this right down my alley. I have also decided since this is my first assignment I'm going to start a book that will include my fosters, some pictures, and a little something I'll write about their personality.

I am just so excited to start this new adventure in my life!! Thanks for sharing my joy!! :cat:

Dsnygirl
05-02-2007, 01:15 AM
:paw: Congratulations!! That's awesome... I would love to do something like that! Problem is, I'd want to keep everybody... :blush: ... my DH calls my Mrs. Doolittle and swears the only reason we don't have an entire house full of animals is b/c I equally love to travel, and can't afford to have a whole house babysat every time we go away! (Not that we go anywhere exotic or for long - but even just wknds away are tough, and that's just w/ a diabetic cat and a dog! ;) )
Anyway - that's awesome - you'll have to post some pictures!! Enjoy your little cuties!!:thumbsup:

Katzateer
05-02-2007, 06:53 AM
Glad you are enjoying your "babies". We fostered a litter of puppies last year and the girls had a lot of fun with them. We still call them our puppies even though they have been in new forever homes for almost a year!

I would love to foster another group of puppies but I don't think my husband would like it. Our carpet and furniture in the family room will never be the same!

It only took me 2 weeks to housetrain them but it was hard to keep up with them those 2 weeks. And then they chewed on everything they could reach even with toys available.

Have fun with your babies.

DVC2004
05-02-2007, 08:17 AM
What a wonderful thing to do! Enjoy your time with them! Over the years my mother has taken in many cats until we could find good homes for them. It's always hard to say goodbye, you get so attached, but well worth it. Again, kudos to you for opening up your heart and home to needy kitties!

BrerSchultzy
05-02-2007, 09:10 AM
We got one of our cats from the Kitty Action Team here in SC, which is sort of the same type of group. They find "temporary" foster homes for them, until an owner can be found...but this cat (our beloved Toulousse) couldn't stand being near anyone but my wife....so whenever somebody would come over to see how he was doing, he would run to Erin. So we kept him. Bringing us up to two cats and a dog in a one bedroom apt. WHEEE! We'd have more if we had room.

MsMin
05-02-2007, 09:28 AM
It sounds like so much fun. We're expecting in three weeks so when I think about fur babies I get a little nervous. :paw: I'm happy to hear you are helping these babies get a wonderful start in life and hopefully they will all get wonderful homes in loving families. :cat: Enjoy..