PDA

View Full Version : What pins to buy on Ebay?????

Disney Maniac
05-01-2007, 06:25 PM
Hi Everyone, I want to start pin trading so I was going to buy some pins on Ebay. But I have heard for many people that some pins sold on Ebay can't be traded in the parks, or they aren't really Disney Pin Trading Pins??? I was wondering if someone could tell how I should know if they are Disney Pins and can be traded??? Any help would be great!!!

tinksmom02
05-01-2007, 09:27 PM
Hi! I've bought two "grab bag lots" of pins, and lots of individual pins from eBay, and have never had a problem. You know to check the seller's feedback, I'm sure. As for the pins themselves, the seller should list them as official Disney pins, you do NOT want Sedesma pins...I think they're knockoffs, and cannot be traded with CMs. The pins need to have "Disney" on the backs. Some say disney pin trading, some have the year, but they ALL say Disney somewhere.

I like to buy from sellers who are located in central Florida...there are a lot! They usually sell groups of pins that they have gotten as trades. So you might get some from WDW, some from DL, DL Paris, etc. But as long as they list them as official Disney pins, you should be good to go. The first lot of pins I ordered were all Paris pins, and we had no problems trading them (the few that DD decided she didn't want to keep, that it! LOL)

Just read the seller's item description carefully, and check out the feedback.

Hope all of that helped you!

Disney Maniac
05-02-2007, 06:37 PM
Thanks tinksmom02 that helped me alot!! Do you know of any good seller's on Ebay that I could buy pins from??? Thanks so much!!

TikiGoddess
05-03-2007, 08:52 PM
If you want to find good traders, go to the Dizpins discussion boards (sale board). This is where the serious pin collectors sell pins to each other. I just bought 20 pins from a trader for $2.25 per pin (free shipping!) and the pins are great. Wonderful selection and all authentic pins, including Hidden Mickey pins (the ones you can only get from Cast Member lanyards).

This is the only place I will buy pins from, and I've done it 4-5 times and always had good results. You can check sellers references through the Dizpin boards too, and most sellers accept Paypal.

Send me a Private Message if you need help!
TikiG

mrsgaribaldi
05-05-2007, 10:02 AM
As for the pins themselves, the seller should list them as official Disney pins, you do NOT want Sedesma pins...I think they're knockoffs, and cannot be traded with CMs. The pins need to have "Disney" on the backs.

I wish I had read this first. :( I bought some of these pins on ebay thinking we could trade them. They are real cute though

TikiGoddess
05-05-2007, 02:04 PM
Stephanie,

Sedesma pins are tradeable. Some CMs will not take them but they are supposed to. I think the rule is the pin must be metal, have a Disney likeness on the front, and have the Disney copyright on the back.

HTH!
TikiG

mrsgaribaldi
05-05-2007, 10:42 PM
Stephanie,

Sedesma pins are tradeable. Some CMs will not take them but they are supposed to. I think the rule is the pin must be metal, have a Disney likeness on the front, and have the Disney copyright on the back.

HTH!
TikiG

Thanks for the info. They are really cute, they just seem smaller than usual. Nicely made though. If I can't trade any I still like them. The little size makes them cuter:thumbsup: