PDA

View Full Version : If you had to pick one restaurant in Epcot...

Dsnygirl
05-01-2007, 05:01 PM
We will be in Epcot during the Food & Wine Fest. this fall, but only for one meal, most likely dinner. For those of you more familiar than we are w/ all the restaurants, esp. during this special event, what one restaurant would you choose to eat at over all others?
I've been thinking Le Cellier, as we've always wanted to try it, but then started thinking about Biergarten... and Cantina de San Angel... and now I just can't choose!

What do you guys think??

grego77
05-01-2007, 05:35 PM
Everyone here will say Le Cellier...and I will probably atest to that once I eat there in Sept...however, as of right now, my vote is for Coral Reef...I LOVE IT! :mickey:

btw...I may be coming out too during the Intercot 10th...I'm around 50% right now...I'll prob make a decision within the next month!

mrsgaribaldi
05-01-2007, 05:51 PM
Le Cellier or Rose & Crown, those are my choices:thumbsup:

Tick-Tock
05-01-2007, 06:06 PM
I would skip the restaurants and try out the Food & Wine samples.

Kate In Wonderland
05-01-2007, 06:15 PM
As much as I love most of the restaurants at Epcot...I have to say that Le Cellier is my favorite. I love that place!

dolphinmickey9170
05-01-2007, 06:25 PM
Le Cellier or Rose & Crown, those are my choices:thumbsup:
I agree, both are very delicious!! Be there on Sunday!!

Funcruiser56
05-01-2007, 07:02 PM
If we had to pick just one it would be Rose and Crown, we have had good food and service here for years, LC on the other hand has disapointed us the past couple of trips so we are checking other resturants.
2nd choice would be Coral Reef

Bev

Mickey91
05-01-2007, 07:03 PM
Le Cellier!!

pox24
05-02-2007, 08:10 AM
Rose and Crown:thumbsup:

spoonfulosugar
05-02-2007, 08:40 AM
It isn't the most popular place, but we love Biergarten and never miss it.

prttynpnk
05-02-2007, 10:00 AM
I would skip the restaurants and try out the Food & Wine samples.

Seriously, I think grazing is the way to go- you can take in the sights and get a little bit of each country.

nickcapp
05-02-2007, 10:04 AM
Le Cellier!

But if you want less of a mob mentality opinion...

Give The San Angel Inne a try. My wife and I love that as well.

SBETigg
05-02-2007, 10:05 AM
My kids would choose San Angel. I'm going to say Le Cellier, though I haven't tried it. Due to the hype, it was my first choice for my upcoming trip but I'm afraid it may turn out to be over-hyped. We'll see.

SurferStitch
05-02-2007, 11:31 AM
I guess I'll go with Le Cellier (delicious cheese soup and filet, and Trois Pistoles :beer:), but after trying Teppanyaki for the first time last December, I'm definitely torn. Teppanaki was an amazing meal, and we had the best chef and server.

Both are must-do's for us this year. I just can't choose between the two, and with 12 days there, we don't have to!!:thumbsup:

Hayden's Dad
05-02-2007, 11:44 AM
Le Cellier!!! Although we won't be able to go there here in May. 8 days!!!!!

biodtl
05-02-2007, 11:52 AM
Le Cellier, though I like Teppanyaki a lot, too. It;s good, healthy food and entertaining.

DizNee143
05-02-2007, 12:35 PM
most likely no one will agree with me but i would go to Alfredos in Italy!!..i absolutely LOVE that restuarant!! and since they will be closing for ever..i would go there to say you ate there!!..but im sure whatever you pick you will have a great meal!!! :mickey:

lockedoutlogic
05-02-2007, 12:56 PM
most likely no one will agree with me but i would go to Alfredos in Italy!!..i absolutely LOVE that restuarant!! and since they will be closing for ever..i would go there to say you ate there!!..but im sure whatever you pick you will have a great meal!!! :mickey:

Alfredo's is closing in August....so it will be gone before the Food and Wine Festival this year...

But I agree with a previous poster....sample the stands and skip the meal. the restaurants don't offer anything during food and wine that they don't the rest of the year....

And completely getting shafted in this discussion is Le Chefs De France......I highly recommend...though with escargot available outside at F&W...that may suffice

boobalk
05-02-2007, 05:50 PM
We've always go in Oct. and love being there during the F & W Festival. We prefer to just eat our way "around the World" as opposed to dining in a sit-down restaurant. It gives us an opportunity to sample a little something from each country, and several other booths from countries w/o a pavillion will be available also. :thumbsup:

AllDisney
05-02-2007, 05:57 PM
Le Cellier is our favorite. However, having been during F&W festival it was fun sampling the different foods.

You'll have to decide, sit down or walk around!
Good luck!

TheMartellFamily
05-02-2007, 06:25 PM
You may not want to have a TS meal when the EIFAWF is going on since there are samplings from all over the world. But if you do I like Le Cellier, it has great food. What ever you choose they all have good things about them.

Golf Grumpy
05-02-2007, 07:06 PM
We love Tepanniaki (sp) the food is great as well as the atmoshphere. I have eaten at Le Cellier and Biergarten, and I think the feeing is better in Japan. I have not eaten in Mexico since we are from Houston, we have pretty decent Mexican food, for a little less $$.

Shugoondola
05-02-2007, 08:39 PM
Here's another vote for Le Cellier. :tasty:

I also like Chefs de France very much.

:mickey:

lightyearfan
05-03-2007, 01:01 PM
we'll our choice would be Le Chef's De France, me and dw ate there last year, and it was terrific, so much so that it was our first ADR that we made for our upcoming trip this June

Victor

Brooklynos
05-03-2007, 01:42 PM
I have to say that we love Le Cellier. We eat there our first night we arrive every time and it's always to be remembered for us. We really like Nine Dragons too!!! They have great Dim Sum.

disneygirlie11
05-03-2007, 02:18 PM
Teppenyaki is THE best meal I have had in not in only at Disney, but anywhere! I LOVE that place!! :mickey:

magickingdom67
05-03-2007, 03:14 PM
I would go with Le Cellier though Chefs de France is pretty good too.

dumbo ears
05-03-2007, 03:55 PM
Le'cellier

Natazu
05-03-2007, 11:02 PM
Marrakesh without a doubt.
We can get steak and seafood at home.

kathymk616
05-06-2007, 09:06 AM
I'd vote Les Chefs de France. Or Biergarten (more for atmosphere and entertainment, less so for food).

ElenitaB
05-06-2007, 09:54 AM
Blythe, is this for a meal with the kids or without? That would be a deciding factor for me if I had to make a similar decision. If I was with my DS, I know that he "needs" the structure of a "real meal." I've tried doing the sampling around the World "thing," with him and he wasn't real happy with the experience.

That said, we weren't real fans of Le Cellier. The tables were REALLY close together and even though our food was good (yes, good... not GREAT) and our service great, I don't think we'll be back any time soon. He loves R&C, Teppanyaki and San Angel Inn. We both enjoyed Chefs de France. Our "never miss" restaurant in Epcot is Garden Grill.

If I wasn't with DS where would I go? I'd probably graze around the world.

EvilQueen2006
05-06-2007, 10:41 AM
Marrakesh! Love the appetizers and couscous. Where else will you get to watch a belly dancer? I would skip dessert though and head next door to pastry shop in France.

emmatink
05-06-2007, 11:06 AM
Teppanyaki for us! Great food and entertaining. Even our 9 month old enjoyed it.