PDA

View Full Version : May or September

wendybird
05-01-2007, 04:20 PM
We want to visit with our 2 year old son. Do you recommend early May or early September? How are crowds and weather in each?

BugeyedMuggy
05-01-2007, 06:04 PM
I've been to WDW Many times in May and once in September. The weather was comparable on each trip. There's the slight chance of hurricanes in Sept, but other than that the weather was pretty much the same. Maybe a little bit more humid in Sept, but not much.

The crowds in Sept are MUCH smaller and Disney usually offers free dining and other great deals.

I should point out I'm talking about late September and early May. That said, They are both excellent times to visit.

Jasper
05-01-2007, 06:12 PM
While May and September are normally fairly similar on the weather issue, if you are going to run into hot and humid weather it is more likely to happen in early September than early May. You also have the issue of hurricanes in September. But, I wouldn't sweat a hurricane because the odds are slim that one will hit exactly when you are there.

As for crowds, generally early May has larger crowds than September. Bottom line though is that if I were picking I would take September.

Kate In Wonderland
05-01-2007, 06:18 PM
September. I love going in May (obviously, since I'm leaving for my next trip in 2 weeks), but when I've gone in September it's been a LOT less crowded which is nice. Even though it's still hot, it makes it bearable when there aren't as many people adding to the heat! :D

Tick-Tock
05-01-2007, 06:19 PM
Isn't early September during the "Little Ones" travel time (at least this year), so they have special stuff for toddlers and pre-schoolers?

faline
05-02-2007, 05:54 AM
I like both May and September but would have to give the edge to May. Both months are typically quite hot and humid. May features the Flower and Garden festival - one of my favorite Disney events.

May is typically pretty dry. September falls in hurricane season and it would not be out of the question to experience at least a tropical storm at this time of year. We once had three solid days of rain at this time of year from such an event.

I think the crowd levels are similar for both times of year.

Kate In Wonderland
05-02-2007, 05:36 PM
May features the Flower and Garden festival - one of my favorite Disney events.

That's true, the F&G festival is beautiful! :thumbsup:

lyle21
05-03-2007, 11:11 AM
good topic as i am considering a may2008 trip. i have never gone in may, usually go in late fall or december. now for all you may experts...

what is the difference between early may and late may???

anyway,i can't give much advice. i've gone in early june, late august, and late september. if early sep is anything like late august then it will be hot and humid, but probably less crowded in sep.

if early may is anything like june then it will be hot with less humidity.

either way your two year old boy will have a ball. took my two year on his first trip in late august. it was hot and crowded, but he still had a lot of fun.

massachusetts
05-03-2007, 11:41 AM
We've been in May, July, September, and December. By far May is my favorite month. It's warm and not as humid as July and September. I won't go in the winter again. We had to shovel 10 inches of snow from our driveway the night before we left so we could get to the airport.

emmatink
05-03-2007, 11:48 AM
I would not suggest the beginning of Sept. We booked a trip in 2004 the first week of Sept and hurricane Frances came through! We had to cancel the whole trip, unfortunately we were staying off Disney property and lost the money for our whole trip...no refunds! It was a lesson learned for us.:(