PDA

View Full Version : Why not 3 in a King?

wendybird
05-01-2007, 03:46 PM
I was just wondering if it's true that only two people may stay in a King room. My husband and I love POFQ and have always stayed is the King room. We want to bring our 2 year old son in September, but want a King bed. The smaller full size beds are not large enough for my 6" 1" husband. At home, our son is always snuggling in with us in our King, and we would prefer to do that that be in the tiny full size beds. Any way this is possible?:mickey:

wendy*darling
05-01-2007, 03:53 PM
In any Disney resort room, you can have one child under 3 "in a crib." This is in addition to the occupancy limit for the room. So you can bring your 2 yr old. :thumbsup:
Where he sleeps is up to you, but you will be allowed to have him in the king room -this time. Once he's 3- you will have to find another way to handle the room limits.

For the future- Deluxe Resorts often have a daybed- so you could get a king and a daybed for 3 people. And the Wilderness and Animal Kingdom Lodges have bunk bed rooms. I believe those rooms have a queen bed, not king, but at least it's better than a double.

TammiMcMan
05-01-2007, 03:56 PM
Considering that your child is under the age of 3, I don't think there is a problem with you requesting a king bed. In Disney's eyes, the child would be in a pack & play for sleeping. You may have to call and do this through CRO though, as I believe the on line site has limitations when you put in 3 guests (regardless of age).

The one simple reason it's not done for children aged 3 and up, is firecode regulations. Exits and even the width of staircases and hallways are all based on a resorts occupancy limits. To figure out this number, they use 2 people for king rooms and 4 people for double bed rooms.

wendybird
05-01-2007, 04:28 PM
Thanks! That helps.
So, if we come back when he is four, I could request a King bed at the Poly and he would be allowed to sleep in the day bed? Do the day beds fold out and/or are the made up as beds or sofas??

TammiMcMan
05-01-2007, 04:44 PM
Daybeds don't open up, you just pull back the covering and it's a bed.

I have the old room layouts at the Poly and actually I don't see a configuration of a king bed along with a daybed. Maybe that's changed since the rehab though. The only king beds I'm seeing are in the honeymoon layout.

For future reference, the GF has a king bed with a queen sleeper sofa room plan. The YC, BC, AKL and CR have a king bed with a daybed. The BWI has a king bed with a child sized daybed. At any of these resorts, this type of floor plan is a request only, no guarantees.

Niecyboo
05-01-2007, 07:52 PM
The new daybeds at the contemporary actually do fold down. There is a small (and comfortable) mattress behind the back of the sofa, and you fold the back down and lay the matress on top of it. My 12 YO DD really enjoyed that option.

Grace
05-02-2007, 01:58 PM
:mickey:

The new daybeds at the contemporary actually do fold down. There is a small (and comfortable) mattress behind the back of the sofa, and you fold the back down and lay the matress on top of it. My 12 YO DD really enjoyed that option.

The new daybeds at the Poly simply fold down, and our DD-17 was quite comfy on it. It's nearly the size of a twin mattress.

Disney Diamond
05-04-2007, 11:32 AM
I can confirm there are no king beds at the Poly (except maybe suites as mentioned).