PDA

View Full Version : How do we use old tickets

Bubbie Girl
05-01-2007, 01:52 PM
ok, DH and I are going for 5 days in July. We plan to just relax at the resort and enjoy some time away but we have decided we would like to do a few things in the parks. We have 3 tickets for 1 park only admission from the 1980's that never expire. My question is how do we use these and can we add the park hopping option on to them and what would the cost be for that? Thanks for the help. The hopper would be good for us as there are just a few things we would like to do at each park as well as eat in some of them but we dont want to go every day.

DizneyRox
05-01-2007, 04:09 PM
Tickets purchase in the 80's will need to be converted at Guest Relations at the parks or DTD.

You are going to run into a few glitches.

1. Those tickets are still valid for one day admission, HOWEVER they are only good for the parks that were open when they were purchased. So, AK is out of the question, and possible Epcot, and MGM, depending on when in the 80's.

2. You could apply the value of one of those tickets towards the cost of another ticket that would be good for all parks, BUT, the value of those tickets are 1980's dollars. So, if you paid $15 for those, you would get a $15 credit towards the purchase of a new ticket.

3. Tickets are upgrades on a one to one basis, so you can't apply three tickets towards the purchase of one ticket.

4. I believe once Epcot opened in 1982, park hopping was standard, so you should be able to park hop using that, again, provided Epcot was open when you bought them. Same goes for MGM.

My advice would be to work out each scenario and pick the one with the most value for you. if you need to go to MK, then just convert the ticket to a current pass and enter MK.

Regardless, you're going to have to purchase a new ticket of some sort to enter Animal Kingdom. I think you'll get AK admission if you apply the value of your old tickets towards a new one. It's only on the converted tickets that you'll have problems.

At least that's my understanding of WDW ticketing.

Bubbie Girl
05-03-2007, 01:22 PM
Wow, you were very helpful! Thank you so much. Our tickets were from 1984 and were for 3 days. Each of the tickets (there are 3) have 1 day left on them. They say they are good for either MK or Epcot.
I figure they will each be good for 1 day in each park and we will have to purchase one new ticket for one of us to go into the park (example: DH and I can each convert 2 of the tickets into 2 current tickets into MK for a day and then convert one into Epcot say for me and purchase 1 new ticket for DH.
If we do this we can leave MK and go back to our resort and later return to MK on the same day correct?
Sorry I know I am being kinda dumb about this, just seems confusing to me.

DizneyRox
05-03-2007, 01:41 PM
Wow, you were very helpful! Thank you so much. Our tickets were from 1984 and were for 3 days. Each of the tickets (there are 3) have 1 day left on them. They say they are good for either MK or Epcot.
I figure they will each be good for 1 day in each park and we will have to purchase one new ticket for one of us to go into the park (example: DH and I can each convert 2 of the tickets into 2 current tickets into MK for a day and then convert one into Epcot say for me and purchase 1 new ticket for DH.
If we do this we can leave MK and go back to our resort and later return to MK on the same day correct?
Sorry I know I am being kinda dumb about this, just seems confusing to me.
Those old tickets are one day hoppers for MK and Epcot. So, yes, you can use them for those two parks, and can come and go as often as you'd like.

You won't be able to get into MGM or AK with those tickets, unless you apply the value of those towards a new ticket. I wouldn't recommend that really.

However you want to get tickets for MGM or AK is up to you. A one day park hopper runs something like $110 or so, and many people would tell you that MGM and AK are 1/2 day parks at best.

Bubbie Girl
05-03-2007, 06:20 PM
Thank-you so much! Those are our 2 favorite parks so thats good. I had hoped to see the new Nemo show at AK but we will save that for next year with the kids.:mickey: