PDA

View Full Version : Best resort for kiddies/pool?

NYC WDW Fan
05-01-2007, 11:26 AM
Hey all,

I have a friend visiting the Mouse for a long weekend prior to an extended visit in the Fall, and she wants to find the best value/moderate resort for the kids to enjoy aside from the parks. They like the pools especially, where would you recommend? Ages range from infant to about 6 years old.

Thanks for your feedback!

kadesha
05-01-2007, 12:42 PM
I'm not sure if all of the values have the small kiddie pools, I thought Pop was the only one that did. Also, Pop has the pop jet fountains for the kids to play in, which they love!!

Nicki'sMom
05-02-2007, 10:34 AM
We stayed at POR Sept. 06 with our 2 and a half year old and the kiddie pool was great. Not too samll and not too big. The main pool was nice too. It has a waterslide. We really enjoyed our stay there. Ask for a room in Acadia House. Right across the river from the pool.

NYC WDW Fan
05-02-2007, 01:05 PM
Thanks for the feedback so far.

I'm surprised that Coronado Springs isn't getting votes. I've never stayed there, but I thought I remember reading that many felt it was one of the better places with a top pool area.

Mickey91
05-02-2007, 11:43 PM
If the 6 year old is a swimmer, I would recommend a moderate. They have slides that are a lot of fun. If not, the Pop's Hippy Dippy pool has a bigger area that is only 3 ft. and has the flower showers. All have a play ground.
The Pop has the fun, big statues as does the All Stars, that are popular with the kids.
Either way they go, the kids will have the time of their lives!!:mickey:

c&d
05-03-2007, 09:35 AM
I voted for POR, our son loved the pool. We couldn't keep him off the slide.

I almost voted for Coronado Springs but I just remembered how much our son loved POR when he was younger so that's how I voted.

When we stayed at CSR last summer DS loved the Dig Site. Also depending on where you stay it could be a hike to the main pool which was another reason I chose POR.

Funcruiser56
05-03-2007, 10:29 AM
Our kids LOVE the dragon slide pool at POFQ, love sliding right out of the dragons mouth.
The first time my son saw it he just jumped for joy he was so excited.
Even though they are more of the age of Typhoon Lagoon and such they still always want to stay at the Dragon Pool Resort. We even keep a picture of it on or fridge!

Bev

GrmGrninGost
05-03-2007, 10:50 PM
I voted POR because of the fun slide for the 6 year old! Awesome!:mickey: