PDA

View Full Version : Resort Room Access Question?

sgagnard
05-01-2007, 12:40 AM
Here's the deal. We are staying at All Star Music at the end of May for 10 days. My mother and here husband are meeting us there but staying off-site. He currently dealing with some health issues. If during the day he gets pooped out an wants to go back to our suite, is there a way for him to get in to rest?

My question is two fold. Can he take disney bus back to ASMu without one of us (do they check your ID or something)? Do we have access to spare/extra room keys to allow him to get into our room? I assume our access is tied to our passes ... etc.

Thanks in advance for the help!!

26 Days and couting .. YEAH!!!!

BigRedDad
05-01-2007, 05:02 AM
I am not 100% sure pf this. If you get a third key, it may cost more. If you just give him a room key (card), he should be able to ride the bus back with no issue.

sgagnard
05-01-2007, 09:11 AM
O.k., I'm trying to not sound stupid but I haven't stayed on property before. Is your room key also your pass to get into Disney which is your pass to use fasspass, which is your pass to use dining.. etc. If so and we give him one of those, wouldn't this not allow one of us to do those things? Is the room key seperate?:confused:

biodtl
05-01-2007, 10:15 AM
It serves as your park ticket, and you can charge things (like meals, merchandise). IIRC, we only had to show one card for our meals, so once you used the card to get in the park, you could probably keep one card to use for meals/charging and give the other to him for room access. Just make sure you have charging privileges on the card you keep.

Belle1217
05-01-2007, 10:46 AM
When we were there they did not check ID on the buses. But if I remember correctly everyone does need their room card to get fastpasses. I would see if you could just get another card in case. Have fun:mickey:

crazeedizneefinatic
05-01-2007, 11:40 AM
Another point is, don't forget park hopping. You cannot give him your key if your tickets have been put on there. If you want to park hop you can't if he has your key.:mickey:

magicofdisney
05-01-2007, 01:28 PM
Your room key is also your ticket, which gives access to fastpass. But if he's going back to your room, just use his ticket for fastpass. If you want to park hop, you must retain your ticket, which matches your biometric scan.

TammiMcMan
05-01-2007, 03:39 PM
The bus is definitely no problem. Supposedly anyone with a valid park ticket is able to use the transportation system, but unless there are some major issues, no one is even checking those anymore.

The room key might be a problem. First off, you mentioned a suite, so I'm guessing that's one of the family suites. You can have up to 6 guests registered in that one room. If you are below that number, the front desk can easily add another name and cut you a room key that wouldn't have any tickets on it. They may charge you $10 though for the extra adult added onto the reservation. If that's not going to work for you, I'd suggest that you just ask someone at the front desk. They may be willing to simply cut you an extra room key, that expires that night. You'll want to let them know they're coming anyway, if they are bringing their own vehicle. That way, security will wave them through and they'll get a parking pass for the day.

CleveRocks
05-01-2007, 03:56 PM
You can have up to 6 guests registered in that one room. If you are below that number, the front desk can easily add another name and cut you a room key that wouldn't have any tickets on it. They may charge you $10 though for the extra adult added onto the reservation. No can do. It sounds like the OP paid for the Disney Dining Plan. Everybody in the room has to have the same package, so it'll cost them a lot more than just $10 for an extra adult, it'll cost an extra $38.99 per night for the cost of the DDP.

I don't know this next part for sure, but I'll guess thatthey're pretty tight with extra room keys, given that a room key is a free pass into Extra Magic Hours.

TammiMcMan
05-01-2007, 04:03 PM
No can do. It sounds like the OP paid for the Disney Dining Plan. Everybody in the room has to have the same package, so it'll cost them a lot more than just $10 for an extra adult, it'll cost an extra $38.99 per night for the cost of the DDP.I beg to differ, but it can be done, provided they wait until after they check-in to add the name to the reservation. Once a package is "exploded" out (during check-in), anything done after is considered separate.

I don't know this next part for sure, but I'll guess thatthey're pretty tight with extra room keys, given that a room key is a free pass into Extra Magic Hours.I'm sure it's not done on a widespread basis and that's why I suggested talking to the front desk CM. They usually handle these requests on an individual basis.

I've had experiences with both these scenarios ;) .

sgagnard
05-01-2007, 11:37 PM
Just wanted to thank everyone who replied. You guys are a great community and DIsney is lucky to have sites like this and people like you all that keep the spirit of Disney alive.

I 'll check with the CM when we arrive and explain the issues and hopefully they'll understand and help out. If not, my stepfather will just have to drive back to his own hotel.

Thanks again for all your help.

Scott

P.S. Only 24 Days 8hrs 26 min until our flight leaves.... not that I' counting :mickey: :party: :D

Magic Smiles
05-04-2007, 09:52 AM
Your room key is not always also your park pass. As we usually have to make two bookings back to back for our room, we usually end up with our park passes separate. For example this time we have a 4 day (AAA discount) and a 10 day (code discount) reservation booked back to back. We will be purchasing a 10 day hopper pass, so ours will be separate. The charging privileges will be on our room keys. As we do not do the dining plan, it would be no problem for us to give a family member a room key.
So, it really depends on how your package is booked.

Grace
05-07-2007, 05:02 PM
:mickey:

I 'll check with the CM when we arrive and explain the issues and hopefully they'll understand and help out. If not, my stepfather will just have to drive back to his own hotel.

Well, you could still accompany him back to the room and let him in, then re-join your family. If time is an issue, just take a cab back to the park. It's fast, easy, and low-cost. No worries!!