PDA

View Full Version : Disney vs. Travelocity

illBEyouPRINCEcharming
04-30-2007, 09:33 PM
Heey everyone.... I recently recieved a $200 future trip discount from travelocity, but i had initially wanted to book my next trip (This coming Aug) thru Disney. My question is, do you think i should just book thru disney or take advantage of my $200 off discount from travelocity? Are there any real benefits in booking wit the disney website that i cant get with Travelocity? Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks in advance!

crazeedizneefinatic
04-30-2007, 09:54 PM
If you want to book a room only it's best to use the $200 off coupon. Now if Disney is offering free dining or some other promotion you will not get it through Travelocity. We used Expedia on 2 different occassions. We too had a special coupon savings. It's well worth it. I know now Expedia does offer ticket add on's. It's a few dollars cheaper than gate price, so maybe Travelocity does too. Check it out. Either way know your options. Sometimes it pays to book elsewhere and sometimes it pays to book directly with Disney. Totally depends on the time of year and what promotions are going on. Good luck planning!

wendy*darling
05-01-2007, 07:24 AM
I don't believe you can book a package through Travelocity. So if you think you might want the Disney Dining Plan- stick with Disney or Magical Journeys (http://www.yourmagicaljourneys.com/).

If you are just booking a room only and have your tickets already (or an AP)- then I'd use the discount. Check and make sure you can get the resort you want first.