PDA

View Full Version : CA Grill Question

Aggie97
04-30-2007, 04:29 PM
When we were at CA Grill for dinner in December, we noticed the nice area of small table seating near the bar that has a great view of MK. I was wondering if:

ADRs are needed for these tables?
you can order off the full menu or a shorter bar menu?
if no ADRs are required, when you get to the check-in desk downstairs, do you just tell them that you would like to have dinner/drinks in the bar seating area?

Thank you!

wendy*darling
04-30-2007, 07:48 PM
My understanding is that you need an ADR to be allowed upstairs at all.
I haven't tried it, but you could attempt to make an ADR just for the bar area.

Bruegge
04-30-2007, 08:22 PM
I was there in 2002, just before they started the "adr to get upstairs" thingy.

Most restaurants don't mind if you come in and have a drink at the bar to check the place out.

CG's firework view however was taken advantage of in the worst way from what I've been told. Huge crowds just flocked in ... "just for drinks" and it was a mess.

scott

MinnieMommie
04-30-2007, 08:26 PM
I believe you do need a reservation to get upstairs. Check in is on the 2nd floor. :mickey:

Natazu
05-01-2007, 03:26 AM
You must check-in at the 2nd floor podium to get upstairs to the bar or the restaurant. Without and ADR, chances to get upstairs are slim. They almost always sell out.
You can order anything on the menu from the bar area.

jefmblrd
05-01-2007, 08:44 AM
The other posters are exactly right. You need and ADR to get upstairs, because you have to check in on the second floor of the Contemporary and take the special elevator to the 15th floor.

The California Grill is worth 2 TS credits because of the great food and the fantastic view of the MK.

Aggie97
05-01-2007, 04:13 PM
Thanks so much, everyone! I appreciate the information.

Cheers,
April

bmj721
05-03-2007, 06:36 PM
In Oct 05 we went up to the CG podium at 7:30p without an ADR and asked if they had room for dinner. There were 3 of us, 2 adults and 1 child. They seated us at one of those tables at the window. It was utterly delightful. We stayed there until 30 min before Wishes started and went up to the roof where we watched it from there. The music and narration was piped from MK. The view was indescribable. And the best part was this was completely spontaneous on my DH's part. Great memories.
:mickey:

Bruegge
05-03-2007, 08:19 PM
Is the observation deck on the roof?? Is it above the CG??

I've only viewed the Fireworks from the restaurant

Scott

Natazu
05-03-2007, 10:23 PM
Is the observation deck on the roof?? Is it above the CG??

I've only viewed the Fireworks from the restaurant

Scott
The entrance to the MK observation area is at the northwest corner of the restaurant. It's not that great of a spot in my opinion. It's fine to take in a view of the property while noone's out there. But during fireworks, it gets very, very crowded. I'd rather stay in the restaurant during Wishes.