PDA

View Full Version : Is plate sharing allowed?

McGoofy
04-30-2007, 02:47 PM
We have reservations for a lunch at MGM's Prime Time 50's Cafe next week. I can taste the fried chicken now! :mickey: Anyhow, last time we ate there, I had the fried chicken dinner. There was so much on my plate that I could not eat it all. The fried chicken had a large chicken breast, thigh/wing, and a chicken leg plus a large pile of mashed potatoes and green beans. This could have fed myself and my son and still had leftovers maybe. Anyhow, I was thinking if plate sharing was allowed that my son and I could definitely share it this time around.

Strmchsr
04-30-2007, 03:29 PM
I seem to remember that sharing is fine except at buffets. I'm sure someone else can confirm that 100%.

TBY2225
04-30-2007, 03:31 PM
I had no trouble sharing at any of the resturants we went to last September with my DD4. I have read lots of post and it never seems to be an issue at any of the CS or TS resturants excluding buffet's of course! I will be doing the same this year with my DS2!

I live in the Carolina's also and my name is Tara! Weird huh!

CleveSJM
04-30-2007, 03:45 PM
As was said before, I understand sharing, especially with a child, is ok at all restaurants except the buffets.

That said, the 50's PTD is probably the best place in the world to do it. I'm sure your server will throw in some extra abuse for it... ;)

readytogo2
04-30-2007, 04:08 PM
we ate at PT in dec. DW and DD both wanted chicken dinner and ask to share a plate, thinking it would come on one plate and waiter would bring extra plate. he brought out 2 plates with 2pieces of chicken and both sides on each.

A Big Kid
04-30-2007, 07:48 PM
Sure it is fine. My only suggestion would be to add a little more to your regular tip since the server is serving two people.

wendy*darling
04-30-2007, 07:52 PM
Allowed, for sure.
Tell your server what you intend to do when you order. They will almost always split the meal in the kitchen, making sharing very easy!

McGoofy
05-01-2007, 12:04 AM
Awesome to know. Thanks guys! I don't know why I never thought of this before!!:thumbsup: The portions are so huge, and you really can't take leftovers to go unless you are going straight back to your hotel. I hate to waste food, so now I can share. Yes, I am sure that abuse from the Prime Time servers will be had. That's ok. I can handle it!;)

Thanks again everybody!

Natazu
05-01-2007, 03:31 AM
Yes, you can share a plate at 50s but they will still make you eat all your vegetables.

ImagiAsh
05-01-2007, 11:20 PM
Yes, you can share a plate at 50s but they will still make you eat all your vegetables.

:laughing: SO true!! I had them spoon fed to me last time when I didn't finish all of my green beans.

Back on topic, I'm going to go with everyone else and say that plate sharing is allowed. Just let them know before hand and they'll take care of the rest!