PDA

View Full Version : Early return flights

luvdiznee
04-30-2007, 01:52 PM
We are looking at flights for our trip and it seems the return ones are as early as 7 a.m.:( Anybody ever do these? How does that work w/ME, in other words how early to MCO? :mickey:

sleepingbooty
04-30-2007, 01:59 PM
I changed my dates to avoid just this situation. Magical Express runs at all hours. Your check in time is 2 1/2 to 3 hours before flight time. You'd have to be out front between 4 and 4:30 in the morning - YIKES!

vicster
04-30-2007, 02:00 PM
ME picks you up 3 hours prior to your flight time. I learned the hard way not to book a real early flight.

Strmchsr
04-30-2007, 02:24 PM
You could always do Happy Limo or a taxi for the return trip, but you'd still need to leave about 2 hours early. It's approx. 40 min from the resort to the airport and then can take 60+ minutes to get through security and check in, so the 2 hours is a bare minimum.

Jasper
04-30-2007, 02:32 PM
You could always do Happy Limo or a taxi for the return trip, but you'd still need to leave about 2 hours early. It's approx. 40 min from the resort to the airport and then can take 60+ minutes to get through security and check in, so the 2 hours is a bare minimum.

I would add that it is smart not to think that you can shortcut the time getting through security just because it is early morning. We have done return flights as early as 6:00 am and found the Orlando airport to be VERY busy even at that time.

:offtopic: And to think that before Disney World came on the scene the Orlando airport was more or less just a regional airport and you had to connect to someplace like Atlanta to get a flight anyplace else in the world. Because of Disney you can now find direct fights to just about anyplace!!

luvdiznee
04-30-2007, 04:30 PM
YIKES! I think we will keep looking at flights. Just hate to pass up the deals. :(

Tick-Tock
04-30-2007, 04:48 PM
We were just picked up at 5:15 this morning at Coronado Springs for our 8:15 flight. The airport was quite busy for that time of the morning.

It's doable, but not fun. I'm running on caffeine right now.

vamaggie
04-30-2007, 08:34 PM
If the only flights you can get are real early, I would check out the day before, spend as much time in the parks/DTD/boardwalk as possible take ME to MCO and get a cheap hotel close to the airport for the early return flight. Good Luck!!!

mickeys_princess_mom
04-30-2007, 11:12 PM

That's what our plan is this time....the ME thing was just too early.....:alarm:

glenpreece
05-01-2007, 12:52 PM
When I went solo in Jan my return flight was at 7:10am. Since it was going to Toronto I was picked up 4 hrs early!!!! So I never really went to sleep the night before. Thank God the Mc D's at the airport opened at 4am (God bless those people). The security was lined up though it was surprising to see that many people that early in the morning.

Christine
05-01-2007, 01:01 PM
Last month my flight was at 6 am out of Orlando. ME picked me up at 2:45 am!!! When we got there, the airport wasn't even open (not the self-check in kiosks OR the agent desk). I will never do that again!

Try to find a later flight!

luvdiznee
05-01-2007, 05:38 PM
[QUOTE=cantgetenuff;1275089]Last month my flight was at 6 am out of Orlando. ME picked me up at 2:45 am!!! When we got there, the airport wasn't even open (not the self-check in kiosks OR the agent desk). I will never do that again!

OMG! Did you even go to sleep the night before? What time does MCO open? :mickey:

Christine
05-01-2007, 08:03 PM
OMG! Did you even go to sleep the night before? What time does MCO open? :mickey:

I got in from DTD around 10pm, took a bath, laid my clothes out and packed everything up. I got to bed around 11:30 and set the alarm for 2am.

But you have to understand, that is about the average amount I sleep in Disney anyway! :blush: :D :crazy:

I think the MCO desks and kiosks (American Airlines at least) opened at 5:00. We got there at 4:15. We just stood in the ropes until they got there and could take our checked bags and get our boarding passes.