PDA

View Full Version : Things to do at water parks for 3 year old?

TexasPrincessAurora
04-30-2007, 01:23 PM
We are trying to decide if it would be worth it to take our DS3 to one of the water parks. Is there enough at either of them that he would enjoy? Or would it be a waste of time? And if there is enough to enjoy which park would be better to spend maybe half a day at? Thanks so much!

Kate In Wonderland
04-30-2007, 01:40 PM
I'm not sure about Blizzard Beach, but at Typhoon Lagoon they have Ketchakiddie Creek which is adorable. It has slides, fountains, geysers and stuff that are especially for children ages 2-5 and their parents.

My DH and I don't have kids, but we walked by Ketchakiddie Creek and we ended up staying there for about half an hour watching all the little ones play - they had a blast!

It's perfect because it's set apart from the bigger slides and stuff.

wendy*darling
04-30-2007, 05:34 PM
I think Typhoon Lagoon is a tad better, if only because the kids section is very shaded. If it's a hot, sunny day- they are a bit more protected at TL.
You can also take him to the big wave pool- at the very edge he can sit in the water and play. Don't go very far in though- those waves are strong and will knock most adults down- even in knee deep water!!
It depends on if your son enjoys pools and water play or not, but I think there is plenty for most kids to do for a good half day. More than that and they'll be wiped out!

hooberry
04-30-2007, 09:45 PM
I also vote for TL, my 2 yr old loved it so much last year that we are planning a day in our sept trip just to bring her there. She absolutely loved the kiddi water slide and playing in the sand. :cool: But yes, watch out for the wave pool, even at knee level the waves would knock her over. She did love it when I jumped her over the waves as they would come in:mickey:

Goes4FastPass
05-01-2007, 06:50 PM
Here comes Uncle Greg again...

Your 3YO will love Ketch-a-Kiddie Creek at TL or whatever is like at at BB but

Remember
The water depth is like 4 inches. Be sure to put sunscreen on the child and the Mommy.

You'll have the Florida sun beating down directly and reflecting off the shallow water onto you. Really really.

Don't ruin Mommy's vacation!

Thus endeth the lecture - have a great time.

Nekochan
05-02-2007, 07:49 AM
Both waterparks have little kiddie areas. I think though, that TL has the shark reef, with a place you can observe the fishies through the glass.

But, if you end up at BB, their wave pool is really a gentle bobbing pool, and I know they also have a little kiddie place. BB also has a FANTASTIC preteen place.