PDA

View Full Version : Please make suggestiosn for park itinerary

Septbride2002
04-30-2007, 12:24 PM
We are going on our first WDW trip in 2 years! Our little girl will be about 16 months old. Right now her schedule is:
wake up between 6 and 7a.m.
lunch between 11 - noon
nap from 12:30 - 2:00pm
dinner at 5pm
goes to bed between 7 and 8.

For the month of October:

Sat. 13th,
arrive about 3pm, unpack, grocery shop (will leave DH and daughter in hotel).
DTD for Earl of Sandwich
Bed time

Sun 14th
Animal Kingdom - opens 9a.m.
leave about 11:30
nap and lunch back at resort
if needed go back to AK or go to the Pool
dinner at resort

Mon 15th
Epcot - opens at 9am.
11:00a.m. lunch @ resturant Marrakesh
back to resort for naps
evening back at Epcot.

Tues 16th
Pool day!
lunch and anaps at resort
dinner at 5:30 1900 Park and Fare
browse the shops at the monorail resorts

Wens 17th
Magic Kingdom - opens at 9a.m.
lunch at Casey's Hot Dogs!
nap at resort
leave Chloe with friends while we go to 6:30 dinner at CA Grill.

Thurs 18th
MK - open at 9a.m.
Evening at the pool or DTD

Fri 19th
MGM - basically to ride TOT and Aerosmith
Lunch at 50's Prime Time Cafe
naps - at the resort
Evening either Epcot, pool, or DTD

Sat 20th
Pool Day
Dinner ADR for somewhere?

Sun 21st
Animal Kingdom/MGM

Monday the 22nd
go home :(

Will this all work with at 16 month old?:blush:

~Amanda

PracticallyPerfectMollie
04-30-2007, 12:35 PM
i think you have scheduled lots of rest and that will make things much easier. I took my child at 2 and it was very pleasant because we kept a much slower pace than usual. One thing I would add is playhouse diney at mgm. My child loved the show. We got to stretch out on the floor for a minute and she was out of the stroller dancing. She also loved the play water fountains at DTD and the resort so I always carried extra clothes. Have fun!

Septbride2002
04-30-2007, 12:39 PM
i think you have scheduled lots of rest and that will make things much easier. I took my child at 2 and it was very pleasant because we kept a much slower pace than usual. One thing I would add is playhouse diney at mgm. My child loved the show. We got to stretch out on the floor for a minute and she was out of the stroller dancing. She also loved the play water fountains at DTD and the resort so I always carried extra clothes. Have fun!

I was thinking about adding Playhouse Disney as well. Also the fountains is the main reason for our visit to DTD! :)

I tried to schedule lots of naps. And we are staying in a 1bedroom villa at BW so lunch at the resort will be frozen pizzas and sandwiches.

Plus I figured some of the lunches in the parks I can bring stuff for her to eat. Or she can eat our fries.

~Amanda

SandmanGStefani24
04-30-2007, 12:40 PM
excellent plans! You have resisted the urge to overplan and have left enough space for "fudge room" for when something comes up. (and it always does ;) )

And Casey's hot dogs are the best!

Have fun!

OctDisney
04-30-2007, 02:36 PM
The only comment I would make is that if you daughter does wake up that early, you may want to consider going to Mk and AK on the days they have morning EMH.

At AK, she may want to ride the safari twice and you can do that with EMH.

As for MK, if you get to fantasyland early you will not have to wait in line especially for Peter Pan's flight.

Just a thought. Also, since your daughter naps a little after lunch, I would consider a character breakfast around 11:15 am at the Crystal Palace or Chef Mickey's. You daugther would love that.

MouseManiac
05-01-2007, 08:01 AM
Very exciting your first trip with your little one! :baby: One little suggestion... Pick up a copy of the "Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World" They have WONDERFUL tips on traveling specifically to Disney, and provide great touring plans for parents with little children. "Unofficial Guide" also has a web page (Sorry I can't post it here)which is noted in the book that allows you to plan itineraries, print maps and organize all your information... Oh, and key, it has crowd lists :crowd: which suggest what park to go to to avoid the most crowds, waiting, etc...

Ok, now I feel like I've let my best secret out of the bag... and it's only because I had my first "little one's" vacation last year and found this invaluable! So enjoy, but keep it to yourself!:secret:

Dicecatt262
05-01-2007, 01:37 PM
I think your plans sound great...the only thing I would suggest is finding out if those days are the best days for those parks. UN. Guide is one, another that I swear by is Tour Guide Mike, google it and you'll find it. I love his Best Days Charts, I took my now 2 year old in September, she was 16 months at the time, and we had an unbelievable vacation. PM me if you want more info. I can see two days I suggest you flip flop.

Key to yours is keeping rest built in, you''ll find that helps hugely. You aren't overplanning your days, you are doing a GREAT job at making sure your 16 month old has a great time but is manageable. I would not do EMH unless you have park hoppers, it has been my experience that EMH days are busier later in the day than other parks, even if that first hour is great. If you have hoppers, by all means...but I think if you utilize Fast pass and child swap, what you planned sounds perfect...I'd just check on the ideal park days.