PDA

View Full Version : best 'preferred seating' restaurant

TFrauts
04-30-2007, 12:16 PM
Hi there...I would like to go to fantasmic , but first to a 'preferred seating" restaurant during our trip july 29-aug 3! Can anyone recommend 'the best' restaurant for us to go to?? We will be using the dining plan, and would prefer to stick with ' 1 dinner credit' restaurants....no signature ones!! THanks

Tygger7
04-30-2007, 01:01 PM
Hmmm...tough question. Are you looking for a restaurant in MGM close to Fantasmic? If location doesn't matter, I would say it totally depends on what type of food you like. If you like steak, the Concourse Steakhouse in the Contemporary Hotel is awesome. If you like seafood, don't miss the Coral Reef Restaurant at Epcot. If you want good BBQ and lots of fun, don't miss the Whispering Canyon Cafe in the Wilderness Lodge. If you want something at MGM, try the Sci Fi Drive In Theater. It's a family favorite for us. My only advice would be to stay away from the buffet dinners, especially if you have the dining plan. The food is not quite as good as the sit-down restaurants, and you'll get more for your dining plan at a sit-down restaurant.:chef:

magicman
04-30-2007, 01:25 PM
For the Fantasmic Dinner Package, your 1TS credit options are: Mama Melrose or Hollywood & Vine. I think I would vote Mama Melrose.

jefmblrd
04-30-2007, 01:38 PM
I've only eaten at Mama Melrose as part of the Behind the Magic tour, and I wouldn't recommend it as anything special. The food was okay, but nothing I would go back for. I've never eaten at the other two. I've heard good things about the Brown Derby but didn't want to spend 2 TS credits per person from the dining plan on my last trip. Hollywood and Vine is a buffet, which I normally stay away from (except at Boma) and have heard mixed reviews.

I was thinking about doing the Fantasmic package on my last trip, but decided to eat at better restaurants and wait with everyone else for Fantasmic. It was a good decision.

angedeaile
04-30-2007, 03:40 PM
If you like buffets and aren't going with picky kids, I would say Hollywood and Vine.

I did the fantasmic package and ate there last year. My little brother only ate chicken nuggets. Needless to say, because of that, I think it was a waste of money.

Overall, what I would suggest is to glance over their menu's under Info Central.

That is what helped me decide on Mama Melrose for this year. My DLB is a pizza kid, so it seems this place is right up his alley.