PDA

View Full Version : Mickey's Backyard Barbeque?

merlinmagic4
04-30-2007, 11:53 AM
Hello :mickey:

Can't recall reading much about this at all. Has anyone been or are they even still doing it? Is it worth it? I can book now for next April so I'm thinking of doing it if it's a good time! Thanks!

tink2006
04-30-2007, 12:01 PM
We did it about 4 years ago. It was definitely not worth the time or money. We did not enjoy it at all. Our DS was about 10 at the time. He did not enjoy it either. It is a BBQ buffett with below average food and entertainment (IMHO).

Figgyluv03
04-30-2007, 12:31 PM
I had this on my list of things I wanted to try on my next trip, but after reading a couple of threads on here, I've changed my mind to the Hoop Dee Doo Musical Reveiw. They say the foot choice is a little bit better and the show is amazing.

floridamom
04-30-2007, 02:37 PM
I, too, was considering the BBQ for our July trip, so I searched all the past discussion threads for opinions on it. The overwhelming consensus is that it lacks organization and overall quality, especially compared to Hoop Dee Doo. I then searched HDD, and found almost all positive reviews, so I booked it. It's steeper in price, but I was amazed at how many people said they go once every trip. :mickey:

TheRustyScupper
04-30-2007, 05:36 PM
Pass it by.

SallyfromDE
04-30-2007, 06:35 PM
We did it a couple of years ago and had fun. So we're doing it again this trip. We've done Hoop a couple of times, but I didn't think it's for little ones.

mmouse566
05-01-2007, 05:40 PM
Okay I'll be the cheering squad for the BBQ. We did it. We loved it. Thought the food was great. There was actually even wine and beer for the adults as well (included in the price). We had lots of time to mingle with the characters. We got tons of pictures of my daughter dancing with the characters. It is a great time !

goin2disney
05-01-2007, 05:54 PM
My boys both loved it and were and 3 and 5 at the time. It was a highlight of their trip. DH and I would have much rather spent the money elsewhere but as long as they had a great time it was worth every penny.

bubbarox
05-01-2007, 07:35 PM
We went a couple of years ago and it was ok...I think if you have younger kids they will enjoy the interaction with the characters. Our daughters (they were 9 and 10) and were a little bored. The food was good.

Cinderelley
05-02-2007, 02:15 AM
Families with little ones would enjoy it. Out of the 15 of us who went, only the 2 year old enjoyed it. The food was good, but the show was slow to start, and it took even longer for the dancing. Most of the time, it was just character signings.

Maleficent's Dad
05-02-2007, 08:03 AM
Definitely NOT on our "to do again" list. :(

We felt it was unorganized...very, very disorganized in fact. And this was quite the surprise to us knowing Disney.

Search the "dining" forum, and you'll get many reviews of the BBQ.

Good luck with your decision. :mickey: