PDA

View Full Version : Having groceries delivered to room?

TexasPrincessAurora
04-30-2007, 10:46 AM
We just joined DVC and are making our first trip in June, staying at SSR in a 1 bdrm. I know there are grocery delivery services available. What ones do most people use and why? How easy are the services to use? Do they deliver the groceries directly to your room? Do you have to be there when they deliver and what time do they typically deliver? Or are they usually in the room waiting for you when you check in? Any insight and tips would be great!

DVC2004
04-30-2007, 10:49 AM
Only once did we use the grocery service from the resort and just for a few items. Mostly because it is expensive and there is not a huge selection. We rent a car usually, so we will head off to a local store usually for soda, beer, poptarts, etc. I don't ever do much cooking when we're there. Disney had our order waiting in the room for us upon arrival.

I know others have used some of the other places but I remember once reading about minimum orders, so we have never done trued because our orders are small...

GreenBeetle
04-30-2007, 06:10 PM
We used Gardengrocer.com (Intercot sponsor) during our last visit in October. Not a lot of grocery items, but cases of coke products and bottled water etc. We were very pleased with the service. They delivered as promised to SSR and had everything chilling in the fridge for us as requested. You do not have to be there for delivery.

I would definitely use them again. Great service and a large selection on their website. :thumbsup:

Maleficent's Dad
04-30-2007, 06:59 PM
We've used the DVC service several times over the years. It's got plusses and minuses:

Pros:
They will deliver to your room and if you're not there, they'll put things away (in the fridge).
Convenience
Good for small orders, not major shopping
No minimum order charge

Cons:
A bit pricey
$5.00 service fee regardless of order size
Limited selections

MinnieMommie
04-30-2007, 08:22 PM
I am familiar with Garden Grocer and Goodings. DVC has their own order form as well but is limited. Garden Grocer was very accomodating when I spoke to them. They will get anything you want even if it is not on their order form. If I remember correctly they either do not charge or they charge minimally to come back with another order during your stay. :mickey:

hubbyofadisneyholic
04-30-2007, 09:06 PM
We used a service that isn't a sponsor here, so I don't think I can mention their name, but it was well worth the fee.
We got to choose where they shopped and were able to get any brand the store carried.
The best part was the delivery was made at exactly the time we requested.
We are definitely using them again in June.
PM me if you want and I will let you know the name and website.:thumbsup:

KCMom
04-30-2007, 10:19 PM
Another vote for gardengrocer.com. We had no complaints. The order was perfect and it was right on time. We will use them again.

TexasPrincessAurora
04-30-2007, 10:38 PM
I noticed on Garden Grocer's website that you have to be in your room when they make their delivery. Is there a way to arrange for it to be delivered when you aren't there?

Also, where do you get the order form for the DVC service? Call Member Services?

Thanks so much!

DVC2004
05-01-2007, 08:08 AM
You can get the DVC order from from the member website.
You can print it out then fax it to the number on the form. I believe they need it three days before your arrival.

GreenBeetle
05-01-2007, 08:09 AM
GardenGrocer delivered our order when we were at EPCOT. Unless they have changed their policy, just speak with them about your plans.

The DVC order form can be found on their website. You can print it out and fax it back to them.

Brenle
05-03-2007, 02:36 PM
Just ordered from garden grocer for a trip in a couple of weeks. I was told by a manger that we don't need to be present to accept our order. We're staying at SSR, and they have a commercial size refrigerator/freezer in bell services area. So the grocery store will bring it to SSR and bell services will bring it to our room when our room is ready. Confirmed this with WDW also. This is great because it let's us do what we want when we arrive at WDW and not wait around for our groceries. And just so you know, they charged a $12 deliver fee which I thought was a fair price.

pshokie
05-03-2007, 02:55 PM
Oh please help me. This is our first trip and I was under the impression that anyone could use GardenGrocer for delivering groceries. We will be staying at the Poly, and we were just going to get some of the basics delivered: Water, Diapers, Baby fod, etc.

Can I still do this?

Based on this thread, it almost sounds like you need to be a DVC member. I was planning on ordering tonight for our May 6 arrival, so any immediate info would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: I am sorry. I am just starting to get into "panic mode" since we leave in less than 3 days. I did not even realize I was posting on a DVC specifc thread.

Brenle
05-03-2007, 03:25 PM
No, you don't need to be a DVC member to order from them. I'm not sure if you've checked out their web site, but they have quite a big selection. Also, if there is something you'd like that you don't see, you can always ask for it and they do their best to get it for you. I called them with a question and they were very helpful as well. Apparently they deliver to Disney A LOT!

TexasPrincessAurora
05-03-2007, 06:25 PM
Just ordered from garden grocer for a trip in a couple of weeks. I was told by a manger that we don't need to be present to accept our order. We're staying at SSR, and they have a commercial size refrigerator/freezer in bell services area. So the grocery store will bring it to SSR and bell services will bring it to our room when our room is ready. Confirmed this with WDW also. This is great because it let's us do what we want when we arrive at WDW and not wait around for our groceries. And just so you know, they charged a $12 deliver fee which I thought was a fair price.

Just to clarify, if they leave your order with Bell Services then Bell Services will automatically take it to your room and put it away when your room is ready? You don't have to contact Bell Services to bring it once you get to the room? Thanks so much!

wendy*darling
05-03-2007, 06:42 PM
Just to clarify, if they leave your order with Bell Services then Bell Services will automatically take it to your room and put it away when your room is ready? You don't have to contact Bell Services to bring it once you get to the room?
I have heard both stories.
1. They bring it with the luggage before you get back,
and
2. You have to call (for luggage and groceries).
I don't know if it is resort dependent or just who is working there that day.
If it's not in your room when you get back, pick up the phone and call Bell Services. They will bring it then.

Brenle
05-04-2007, 01:31 PM
I believe you have to contact bell services to receive your groceries. But I've also heard of grorceries being delivered at the same time your luggage is delivered from DME. It depends on the resort you're staying in.

If you place your food order through WDW, then once your room is ready, your food is in the room waiting for you.