PDA

View Full Version : Towel Animals at POP?

trudisneygal
04-29-2007, 11:53 PM
Hello everyone! DH and I stayed at PORS last year for our anniversary trip in late May/early June and were greeted each time we got back to our room with those cute little towel animals! Well, we're going back in Dec. this year, this time with my BFF and her DH and staying at POP. We'll be there during DH's b-day, and I was just wondering if any of you that has stayed at POP ever had towel animals in your room? I know it's something small, but it's just part of the extra fun of staying on Disney property and I hope we would get a few at least.

HndrdPrcnt
04-29-2007, 11:57 PM
We stayed at POP in Sept. last year and did have the towel animals in our room a few nights when we got back to our room. We also tipped our mousekeepers and specifically requested the towel animals. However, we saw them in the windows of many of the rooms!:thumbsup:

Pipalotta
04-30-2007, 12:19 AM
When we stayed at POP 3 years ago I think we only had one towel animal the whole time we were there.

SAnderson70769
04-30-2007, 01:09 AM
We are at POP right now and all day long have noticed many different towel animals in the window sills of many rooms - like over the top ones that even have like stickers on them for eyes and the whole works - looks like they do a good job of it here - first day here and having a blast- enjoy your trip!

Jumpin'JiminyCricket
04-30-2007, 01:48 AM
Stayed there in Jan, and didn't have any animals at first, but tipped mousekeeper like $5 first day and then $3 every other day and had them nearly every day. Kept the small mouse one, left the rest, we lined them up on the tv console.

Mom and Dad stayed at CB and they had a big elephant, I think we had mostly dogs and mice.

No kids on our trip, but I am sure that would be a huge hit for youngsters.

mrsgaribaldi
04-30-2007, 06:23 AM
Pop was the first place we ever had them:thumbsup:

Tuke
04-30-2007, 07:12 AM
Our last trip we got a new towel animal each day. The morning we checked out, our Mousekeeper told us to be sure to take them home, they're souvenirs. We never knew it was ok to take them, now we have them in our Mickey themed guest room!!

angedeaile
04-30-2007, 02:53 PM
So the trick is to tip well and if no luck, request them.

Good to know.

TheRustyScupper
04-30-2007, 05:34 PM
1) All maids are trained to make the basic animals.
2) Only the temp-agency maids don't know how.
3) It is just luck if you get a maid who wants to make them.
4) Their contract says they must make them if ordered by mgmt.
5) So, lean back and hope for the right maid(s).

cgriff
04-30-2007, 06:03 PM
I must confess folks, towel animals scare me a little! :scared:

mm59
04-30-2007, 06:04 PM
We have had a few, but the rooms with kids seem to have them more often.:mickey:

trudisneygal
05-01-2007, 12:49 PM
Well thanks everyone for all the info! We will tip like we did when we stayed at POR and see what happens. If we don't get any then I might ask for one.