PDA

View Full Version : Walt Disney World Draft

Red Randal
04-29-2007, 10:16 PM
So, I got a crazy idea today. I know this is a few days late to truly capitalize on NFL draft mania, but I think it could really work. I'm pretty sure this has never been tried. If it has, then here's a variation.

It's like a fantasy sports draft, only we draft things from Walt Disney World. Attractions, shows, restaurants, resorts, whatever is all up for grabs, with the ultimate aim being to create a theme park/resort destination.

We'll need about six people to get started. Hopefully we can waste some time at work, school, home, etc. this week and get a few picks in a day, and going about 20 rounds.

Anyone who's not involved can always read and comment on the selections. I've seen this work on other message board in the past, so if anyone is interested, I'd like to give it a shot here. Once we get enough people we can get started.

Any takers?

(Note: Mods, I wasn't sure if I should go to Theme Park or Games for this, since this kind of walks the line between "poll" and "game." It's up to you.)

dolphinmickey9170
04-29-2007, 10:30 PM
This sounds really cool. I would love to play. Tell me what to do?!

Red Randal
04-29-2007, 11:25 PM
Once we get a few more people, we'll randomly select an order and then (just like the NFL, or really any other draft) we'll take turns picking things from Disney World to create our own "fantasy theme parks." So, say, after 5 turns (or, "rounds") you might have Pirates of the Caribbean, The Great Movie Ride, Wishes, The Animal Kingdom Lodge, and Cosmic Ray's in your "park." The ultimate intention being to create your own fantasy park/resort/etc.

You ultimately want to have what you would consider the best possible park by taking things from around the real Disney World (whether or not that means lots of thrill rides, or the greatest restaurants, or the most beautiful scenery, etc. is all up to you.)

I probably won't be checking again until sometime during the day tomorrow. Hopefully we will have about 5 or 6 people and can get started by then.

Bethanymouse
04-29-2007, 11:26 PM
I am interested......:thumbsup:

DizDaddy966
04-29-2007, 11:56 PM
I'm in:thumbsup:

dixielandings
04-30-2007, 12:32 AM
I'll do it - it'll be kinda like Roller Coaster Tycoon!

scoot241
04-30-2007, 01:28 AM
I'm in.

magicofdisney
04-30-2007, 09:15 AM
Count me in! I'll take Splash Mountain :mickey:

Red Randal
04-30-2007, 09:16 AM
Excellent, we've got our six.

I just threw everyone's name on a sheet of paper and picked for draft order, and we've got...
1. DolphinMickey9170
2. Red Randal
3. Scoot241
4. DizDaddy966
5. BethanyMouse
6. DixieLandings

We'll go in "snake order" which means that 1 through 6 pick in the first round then 6 through 1 pick in the second, so on and so forth. (So, Dixie and Dolphin will always be posting 2 picks at once, with the exception of Dolphin's 1st pick.)

Hopefully everyone keeps checking throughout the day and we can get a decent pace going.

Dolphin, you're on the board!

Red Randal
04-30-2007, 09:17 AM
Sorry, Magic, you just missed the cut. Hopefully this thing gets popular enough that we can get a 2nd game going when this one concludes (probably in about a week.)

Splash Mountain, good pick though. Will it go in our first round?

I feel like I also should note for everyone in the game, that everything in Walt Disney World is fair game. Icons, however, come with what's inside of them. So if you take Spaceship Earth, you get the ride too. If you take the Tree of Life, you get It's Tough to be a Bug. ALSO, if you take a resort, you get the whole resort. Resort restaurants and features can not go seperately.

Any other questions that arise we can work out during the game.

scoot241
04-30-2007, 11:04 PM
Sounds great. I'm ready to go.

dixielandings
05-01-2007, 12:18 AM
I got your PM and I'm ready to go! With 6th pick, I've got a little waiting time, I guess!

dolphinmickey9170
05-01-2007, 07:58 AM
Sorry for the delay.....work ya know....people have to get sick.....just kidding...I love my job and the patients.

Anyway, My first pick is Tower of Terror...My fav ride in all the world. I'll be there Sunday !!!!!!!

YEah!!

Red Randal
05-01-2007, 01:40 PM
With the second pick in the draft, I select Expedition Everest.

Here I get one of the greatest thrill rides ever built (sure to bring in the crowds) and also get a great icon for the park.

scoot241
05-01-2007, 08:19 PM
With the third pick in the draft, I select Splash Mountain.

dixielandings
05-02-2007, 09:46 PM
I'm giving this one a bump - I'm anxious for my pick!

Bethanymouse
05-02-2007, 10:36 PM
Me too!:blush:

dolphinmickey9170
05-03-2007, 08:50 AM
It's too bad this isn't going anywhere. I leave in 2 days and won't have internet access. I hear it is pricey in the hotels....

Red Randal
05-03-2007, 09:31 AM
Yeah, I'm thinking DizDaddy disappeared. Let's just skip him and go to the next pick, he can pick whenever he shows up. I say one day between picks and you get skipped. That's the only way to keep this moving along.

Bethanymouse
05-03-2007, 08:41 PM
I guess I am up next- I am going to go with The Polynesian Resort!

Bethanymouse
05-06-2007, 03:35 PM
bump- I am ready to pick again!!!! Where are you dixie?:blush:

Bethanymouse
05-10-2007, 10:11 PM
Hey Randal, should we just skip Dixie?

Red Randal
05-10-2007, 11:25 PM
It's my own thread and Bethany, you're keeping it alive better than I am.

I'm thinking we need to so SOMETHING to move it along. So, yeah, Dixie is bumped. And from here on out anyone who misses a 24 hour period is out. I have a feeling that will result in 2 or 3 people getting 50 or 60 picks but whatever, let's see what happens.

Bethany, it's now your pick. You've been waiting a week to do it. Make it a good one.

Bethanymouse
05-11-2007, 07:19 AM
I am going to go with one of the fastest thrill rides in WDW- Rockin Roller Coaster.

Also side note, I will be away until Sunday morning so I may not be hear for my third pick......:( Have fun everyone!

scoot241
05-11-2007, 01:05 PM
Ok, so it's my pick (I think)... I'm gonna go with...

Spaceship Earth!

Red Randal
05-12-2007, 05:27 PM
For my second pick, I'll grab another headliner: Soarin'!

Dolphin, are you back from your trip yet?

Recap:
1. DolphinMickey9170 (ToT)
2. Red Randal (Everest, Soarin)
3. Scoot241 (Splash, SSE)
4. DizDaddy966
5. BethanyMouse (Poly, R'nRC)
6. DixieLandings

scoot241
05-15-2007, 11:49 AM
I guess Dolphin's not back, so I'll go ahead and pick...

Pirates of the Carribbean

Bethanymouse
05-15-2007, 09:30 PM
Is it my pick?

Red Randal
05-15-2007, 10:21 PM
Technically it's DizDaddy's for another 12 hours or so, but I don't think he's around. I'm pretty sure this game is all mine, yours, and Scoot's at this point. I have no problem moving it along since I'm going to be gone for a few days, myself.

Bethanymouse
05-15-2007, 11:24 PM
You are in charge Randal!:thumbsup: You give me the green light and I will go!:thumbsup:

Red Randal
05-16-2007, 01:19 AM
Take it away Beth. :thumbsup:

scoot241
05-16-2007, 01:31 PM
Yeah I don't know what I was thinking... just getting anxious I guess. :mickey:

Bethanymouse
05-16-2007, 04:08 PM
I think I will go with Big Thunder Mountain

Red Randal
05-16-2007, 06:37 PM
This is getting hard to keep track of and we've only been through 3 rounds. Let's review:

RED RANDAL: Expedition Everest, Soarin'
BETHANYMOUSE: Polynesian Resort, Rockin' RollerCoaster, Big Thunder Mountain
SCOOT241: Splash Mountain, Spaceship Earth, Pirates of the Caribbean
DOLPHINMICKEY: Tower of Terror (now MIA)

Now, for my next pick I will take the Boardwalk Resort. That should give me a decent flagship hotel and nighttime entertainment district.

As far as future picks go, let's just forget the "snake" and go in order, Scoot, Bethany, and then me. Time for round four, Scoot, you're on the clock.

Bethanymouse
05-16-2007, 10:13 PM
sounds good to me randal!

scoot241
05-17-2007, 12:58 AM
Alright... I'm gonna take...

The Contemporary Resort

Bethanymouse
05-17-2007, 06:57 AM
Alright- I am going to go with Haunted Mansion

Maybe after we post, on the bottom we should list the attractions/picks we have already?

Red Randal
05-20-2007, 05:00 PM
Good idea, just do a copy/paste from the previous post.

I'll take Star Tours. :yoda: :trooper: :chewy:

RED RANDAL: Expedition Everest, Soarin', Boardwalk Resort, Star Tours
BETHANYMOUSE: Polynesian Resort, Rockin' RollerCoaster, Big Thunder Mountain, Haunted Mansion
SCOOT241: Splash Mountain, Spaceship Earth, Pirates of the Caribbean, Contemporary Resort

Bethanymouse
05-20-2007, 07:20 PM
I am not sure whose turn it is?

Red Randal
05-20-2007, 09:29 PM
Scoot's turn, then yours, then mine, then Scoots, etc. Easier to follow that way, methinks.

Did I just say "methinks?"

Bethanymouse
05-20-2007, 11:15 PM
methinks that is right!

scoot241
05-21-2007, 10:24 PM
Alrighty, I'll pick Space Mountain...

That makes:
Splash Mountain, Spaceship Earth, Pirates of the Caribbean, Contemporary Resort, Space Mountain

Bethanymouse
05-22-2007, 07:01 AM
Since there are teams MIA can we draft from their picks?

Red Randal
05-23-2007, 05:00 PM
I would say "no" since it kind of screws up our strategy from prior rounds. But if Scoot says "yes" then majority rules.

Bethanymouse
05-23-2007, 11:06 PM
What do you think scoot?

Bethanymouse
05-25-2007, 07:03 AM
I am going to take- Walt Disney Railroad

BETHANYMOUSE: Polynesian Resort, Rockin' RollerCoaster, Big Thunder Mountain, Haunted Mansion

dolphinmickey9170
05-25-2007, 10:08 AM
sorry, I was away for so long. If you would like to continue without me, that's okay. Just let me know what you want. I am still here if you want me back in. Again, sorry...really long trip and then finals. Ya know, crazy stuff.;)

Red Randal
05-25-2007, 10:48 AM
Welcome back, Dolphin. And that's why we didn't void the picks. Start up again at the end of the round.

For my selection, I'll go with: Honey I Shrunk the Audience.

Scoot: Splash Mountain, Spaceship Earth, Pirates of the Caribbean, Contemporary Resort, Space Mountain

Bethany: Polynesian Resort, Rockin' RollerCoaster, Big Thunder Mountain, Haunted Mansion

Red Randal: Expedition Everest, Soarin', Boardwalk Resort, Star Tours, Honey I Shrunk the Audience

Dolphin: Tower of Terror

dolphinmickey9170
05-25-2007, 10:56 AM
I guess it's me, Thanks for including me...
My resort pick would be the Grand Floridian

Scoot: Splash Mountain, Spaceship Earth, Pirates of the Caribbean, Contemporary Resort, Space Mountain

Bethany: Polynesian Resort, Rockin' RollerCoaster, Big Thunder Mountain, Haunted Mansion

Red Randal: Expedition Everest, Soarin', Boardwalk Resort, Star Tours, Honey I Shrunk the Audience

Dolphin: Tower of Terror, The Grand Floridian

EmiB
05-25-2007, 11:00 AM
Let me know when the next game of this starts...I'm intrigued.

Bethanymouse
05-28-2007, 11:45 AM
Randal does that mean we are not including our last round picks? I picked the Railroad- do I pick up from the previous round?

Red Randal
05-28-2007, 08:52 PM
No, Beth, you get the Railroad. I just forgot to include it.

Where are we? I totally lost track. Is it Scoot's turn?

Bethanymouse
05-31-2007, 04:44 PM
I think that you are up randal? what was the order?

Red Randal
06-01-2007, 01:10 AM
Best I can tell, we're back at Scoot. If he's MIA then it's your turn, Beth.

Bethanymouse
06-01-2007, 07:19 AM
Lets give him a day or two in case he didnt realize it was his turn!:thumbsup:

Bethanymouse
06-07-2007, 11:15 PM
Ok, I guess I am up- I am going to take Cinderella's Castle.

Bethany: Polynesian Resort, Rockin' RollerCoaster, Big Thunder Mountain, Haunted Mansion, Walt Disney World Railroad, Cinderella's Castle

Red Randal
06-08-2007, 11:02 AM
Cinderella Castle finally goes in the SIXTH ROUND. That's pretty amazing actually. Bethany is totally schooling me at this point as I've been going for building a Disney park to appeal to the Universal crowd and she's building a Disney park that's actually good. (And, to make matters worse, Scoot took all of my favorites!) I better step up my game here...

The Great Movie Ride!!

Dolphin, if you're still here, you're up.

The Tally: (And can everyone please just copy and paste the whole list from the previous poster so that we can have all the picks together and know the order.)

Bethany: Polynesian Resort, Rockin' RollerCoaster, Big Thunder Mountain, Haunted Mansion, Walt Disney World Railroad, Cinderella Castle

Red Randal: Expedition Everest, Soarin', Boardwalk Resort, Star Tours, Honey I Shrunk the Audience, Great Movie Ride

scoot241
06-09-2007, 03:09 AM
Sorry... didn't think this thread was still alive... just got back from Disneyland.

Red Randal
06-09-2007, 05:59 PM
You were at Disneyland, so you're forgiven. Hope you had a great trip. Just pick up with your next pick.

Bethanymouse
06-13-2007, 07:23 AM
Scoot- you are up! I hope you had a great trip!:thumbsup:

scoot241
06-13-2007, 01:58 PM
Ok, didn't realize I was actually up right now...

My pick is The Seas with Nemo and Friends

Scoot: Splash Mountain, Spaceship Earth, Pirates of the Caribbean, Contemporary Resort, Space Mountain, The Seas with Nemo and Friends

Bethany: Polynesian Resort, Rockin' RollerCoaster, Big Thunder Mountain, Haunted Mansion, Walt Disney World Railroad, Cinderella Castle

Red Randal: Expedition Everest, Soarin', Boardwalk Resort, Star Tours, Honey I Shrunk the Audience, Great Movie Ride

Red Randal
06-13-2007, 04:16 PM
Should Scoot get the whole pavilion with that, or just the dark ride? Since you need the aquarium for the finale of the ride, I'm thinking you get everything (including Turtle Talk, the other exhibits, and the Coral Reef.) We never actually laid out specific guidelines for what picks come with what. I just know I specifically said that resorts are a package deal. I never specified anything about Epcot pavilions. I just assumed that if an attraction could stand alone (Soarin, HISTA) it would be its own pick and if it can't (El Rio Del Tiempo and San Angel Inn, Living with the Land and the Greenhouses, etc) then it would come as a 2-for-1 deal or whatever.

What do you think?

Bethanymouse
06-13-2007, 05:26 PM
Whatever you decide Randal! :)

Red Randal
06-14-2007, 01:21 AM
Too much pressure.

I guess you get the whole kit and caboodle...assuming you want it.

Anyway, your up now Bethany.

scoot241
06-14-2007, 12:44 PM
Hmm... I thought of it as the entire building, but I see your point.

If everyone's fine with that, that makes it easier (to me at least).

Bethanymouse
06-14-2007, 11:26 PM
Ok, I am going to go with Buzz Lightyear!

Scoot: Splash Mountain, Spaceship Earth, Pirates of the Caribbean, Contemporary Resort, Space Mountain, The Seas with Nemo and Friends

Bethany: Polynesian Resort, Rockin' RollerCoaster, Big Thunder Mountain, Haunted Mansion, Walt Disney World Railroad, Cinderella Castle, Buzz Lightyear

Red Randal
06-15-2007, 03:23 PM
It might not be the best pick at this point in the draft, but I'm going with my favorite resort... THE WILDERNESS LODGE.

Bethany: Polynesian Resort, Rockin' RollerCoaster, Big Thunder Mountain, Haunted Mansion, Walt Disney World Railroad, Cinderella Castle, Buzz Lightyear

Red Randal: Expedition Everest, Soarin', Boardwalk Resort, Star Tours, Honey I Shrunk the Audience, Great Movie Ride, Wilderness Lodge

Bethanymouse
06-19-2007, 02:38 PM
Randal- Can you post the order in which we pick? Thanks!

Red Randal
06-21-2007, 12:14 PM
It's the order that the recap list is in.

Scoot
Bethany
Randal
Dolphin
Scoot
Bethany
Randal
Dolphin
Scoot
etc.

Bethanymouse
06-21-2007, 09:33 PM
Ok thanks! I wasnt sure- so that means that dolphin is up!

Red Randal
06-24-2007, 09:08 AM
Scoot, I think we're throwing it back to you.

scoot241
06-24-2007, 08:53 PM
For my next pick, I choose Mickey's Philharmagic.

Scoot: Splash Mountain, Spaceship Earth, Pirates of the Caribbean, Contemporary Resort, Space Mountain, The Seas with Nemo and Friends, Mickey's Philharmagic

Red Randal: Expedition Everest, Soarin', Boardwalk Resort, Star Tours, Honey I Shrunk the Audience, Great Movie Ride, Wilderness Lodge

Bethanymouse
06-28-2007, 09:00 PM
Good picks so far-hmmm I think I am going to go with.....Mission Space

Scoot: Splash Mountain, Spaceship Earth, Pirates of the Caribbean, Contemporary Resort, Space Mountain, The Seas with Nemo and Friends, Mickey's Philharmagic

Red Randal
06-30-2007, 11:50 AM
I'll pick the classic Carousel of Progress.

Red Randal: Expedition Everest, Soarin', Boardwalk Resort, Star Tours, Honey I Shrunk the Audience, Great Movie Ride, Wilderness Lodge, Carousel of Progress

Red Randal
07-03-2007, 02:08 AM
Scoot, we're throwing it back to you.

scoot241
07-05-2007, 07:53 PM
I'll choose Dinosaur.

Scoot: Splash Mountain, Spaceship Earth, Pirates of the Caribbean, Contemporary Resort, Space Mountain, The Seas with Nemo and Friends, Mickey's Philharmagic, Dinosaur

Red Randal: Expedition Everest, Soarin', Boardwalk Resort, Star Tours, Honey I Shrunk the Audience, Great Movie Ride, Wilderness Lodge, Carousel of Progress

Bethanymouse
07-06-2007, 09:27 PM
I'll take another classic- Its a small world

Scoot: Splash Mountain, Spaceship Earth, Pirates of the Caribbean, Contemporary Resort, Space Mountain, The Seas with Nemo and Friends, Mickey's Philharmagic, Dinosaur

Bethany: Polynesian Resort, Rockin' RollerCoaster, Big Thunder Mountain, Haunted Mansion, Walt Disney World Railroad, Cinderella Castle, Buzz Lightyear. It's a small world

Red Randal
07-07-2007, 01:36 AM
Since we need a nighttime fireworks show, I'll take Fantasmic!

Bethany: Polynesian Resort, Rockin' RollerCoaster, Big Thunder Mountain, Haunted Mansion, Walt Disney World Railroad, Cinderella Castle, Buzz Lightyear, It's a small world

Red Randal: Expedition Everest, Soarin', Boardwalk Resort, Star Tours, Honey I Shrunk the Audience, Great Movie Ride, Wilderness Lodge, Carousel of Progress, Fantasmic

DizneyFreak2002
07-07-2007, 12:27 PM
I been following your draft.. What exactly is this all for?

Red Randal
07-07-2007, 02:59 PM
It started off ages ago as a tie in to the NFL draft. The idea was that a few of us would pick anything from Disney property, rides, shows, resorts, restaurants, icons, anything and build the best park with them. The longer it went on the harder it was to get people to keep checking and keep picking. So, here we are, three of us, drafting with no end in sight, haha. I'm really looking forward to seeing how it all looks when it's done.

If you're really interested in the idea, feel free to start another one. If you can find a few dedicated people, you can get a good draft going. This one has been fun.

scoot241
07-10-2007, 11:14 PM
I'll assume it's my turn again...

I'm gonna go for fireworks too... I'll take Wishes.

Scoot: Splash Mountain, Spaceship Earth, Pirates of the Caribbean, Contemporary Resort, Space Mountain, The Seas with Nemo and Friends, Mickey's Philharmagic, Dinosaur, Wishes

Bethany: Polynesian Resort, Rockin' RollerCoaster, Big Thunder Mountain, Haunted Mansion, Walt Disney World Railroad, Cinderella Castle, Buzz Lightyear, It's a small world

Red Randal: Expedition Everest, Soarin', Boardwalk Resort, Star Tours, Honey I Shrunk the Audience, Great Movie Ride, Wilderness Lodge, Carousel of Progress, Fantasmic

Bethanymouse
07-11-2007, 12:28 AM
I will scoop up Illuminations!

Scoot: Splash Mountain, Spaceship Earth, Pirates of the Caribbean, Contemporary Resort, Space Mountain, The Seas with Nemo and Friends, Mickey's Philharmagic, Dinosaur, Wishes

Red Randal
07-11-2007, 12:57 AM
Well, it's certainly not one of my favorites but it's one of the only e-tickets left and fits in with my park, so I'll go with TEST TRACK.

Red Randal: Expedition Everest, Soarin', Boardwalk Resort, Star Tours, Honey I Shrunk the Audience, Great Movie Ride, Wilderness Lodge, Carousel of Progress, Fantasmic, Test Track

Bethany: Polynesian Resort, Rockin' RollerCoaster, Big Thunder Mountain, Haunted Mansion, Walt Disney World Railroad, Cinderella Castle, Buzz Lightyear, It's a small world, Illuminations

scoot241
07-11-2007, 01:03 AM
That was a quick round...

I'll take Mission: Space.

Red Randal: Expedition Everest, Soarin', Boardwalk Resort, Star Tours, Honey I Shrunk the Audience, Great Movie Ride, Wilderness Lodge, Carousel of Progress, Fantasmic, Test Track

Scoot: Splash Mountain, Spaceship Earth, Pirates of the Caribbean, Contemporary Resort, Space Mountain, The Seas with Nemo and Friends, Mickey's Philharmagic, Dinosaur, Wishes, Mission: Space

Bethany: Polynesian Resort, Rockin' RollerCoaster, Big Thunder Mountain, Haunted Mansion, Walt Disney World Railroad, Cinderella Castle, Buzz Lightyear, It's a small world, Illuminations

Red Randal
07-11-2007, 11:10 AM
I could have sworn Mission:Space was gone awhile ago. Went back and checked and, it turns out, Bethany took it and then never added it to the recap. Since this is a game with no rules, Scoot, you can dictate what you want to do next. It was an honest mistake. Keep it if you want or pick again, it's up to you.

Bethanymouse
07-11-2007, 11:56 AM
Oops! I am so sorry I must have forgotten to add it to the list at the bottom after I picked it!

scoot241
07-12-2007, 06:52 PM
No problem... I'll pick again.

Alright, for real this time... I'll take Kali River Rapids.

Scoot: Splash Mountain, Spaceship Earth, Pirates of the Caribbean, Contemporary Resort, Space Mountain, The Seas with Nemo and Friends, Mickey's Philharmagic, Dinosaur, Wishes, Kali River Rapids

Bethanymouse
07-12-2007, 11:21 PM
Ok, I added Mission Space on mine from a few picks ago so if you want me to take it off just let me know. For this pick I went with the good ol' Tomorrowland Transit Authority:thumbsup:

Scoot: Splash Mountain, Spaceship Earth, Pirates of the Caribbean, Contemporary Resort, Space Mountain, The Seas with Nemo and Friends, Mickey's Philharmagic, Dinosaur, Wishes, Kali River Rapids

Bethany: Polynesian Resort, Rockin' RollerCoaster, Big Thunder Mountain, Haunted Mansion, Walt Disney World Railroad, Cinderella Castle, Mission Space, Buzz Lightyear, It's a small world, Illuminations, TTA

Red Randal
07-13-2007, 01:08 AM
We're all set now.

I'll take Festival of the Lion King to help eat up the crowds in the middle of the day.

Red Randal: Expedition Everest, Soarin', Boardwalk Resort, Star Tours, Honey I Shrunk the Audience, Great Movie Ride, Wilderness Lodge, Carousel of Progress, Fantasmic, Test Track, Festival of the Lion King

Bethany: Polynesian Resort, Rockin' RollerCoaster, Big Thunder Mountain, Haunted Mansion, Walt Disney World Railroad, Cinderella Castle, Mission Space, Buzz Lightyear, It's a small world, Illuminations, TTA

scoot241
07-15-2007, 04:54 PM
I'll go with Coronado Springs.

Red Randal: Expedition Everest, Soarin', Boardwalk Resort, Star Tours, Honey I Shrunk the Audience, Great Movie Ride, Wilderness Lodge, Carousel of Progress, Fantasmic, Test Track, Festival of the Lion King

Scoot: Splash Mountain, Spaceship Earth, Pirates of the Caribbean, Contemporary Resort, Space Mountain, The Seas with Nemo and Friends, Mickey's Philharmagic, Dinosaur, Wishes, Kali River Rapids, Coronado Springs

Bethanymouse
07-16-2007, 01:54 PM
I think I am going to take COP:mickey:

Scoot: Splash Mountain, Spaceship Earth, Pirates of the Caribbean, Contemporary Resort, Space Mountain, The Seas with Nemo and Friends, Mickey's Philharmagic, Dinosaur, Wishes, Kali River Rapids, Coronado Springs

Red Randal
07-16-2007, 02:12 PM
I think I am going to take COP:mickey:

MINE!! :D

Excellent pick, though. Only the smartest drafters would take such a pick. ;)

I'm taking the Mexico pavilion. :marg:

scoot241
07-16-2007, 07:22 PM
I'll take the Jungle Cruise.

Red Randal: Expedition Everest, Soarin', Boardwalk Resort, Star Tours, Honey I Shrunk the Audience, Great Movie Ride, Wilderness Lodge, Carousel of Progress, Fantasmic, Test Track, Festival of the Lion King, Mexico

Scoot: Splash Mountain, Spaceship Earth, Pirates of the Caribbean, Contemporary Resort, Space Mountain, The Seas with Nemo and Friends, Mickey's Philharmagic, Dinosaur, Wishes, Kali River Rapids, Coronado Springs, Jungle Cruise

Red Randal
07-16-2007, 11:50 PM
Just so we're clear, Bethany, you can take two things this time around to make up for the loss of COP (unless, it was a typo and you meant POP or something...then you can keep that.) :thumbsup:

Bethanymouse
07-17-2007, 02:16 AM
Ok Ok you got me.....I cant believe I missed that one! Alright so two picks for me...I think I am going to take the Norway Pavillion and the Wilderness Lodge

Red Randal: Expedition Everest, Soarin', Boardwalk Resort, Star Tours, Honey I Shrunk the Audience, Great Movie Ride, Wilderness Lodge, Carousel of Progress, Fantasmic, Test Track, Festival of the Lion King, Mexico

Scoot: Splash Mountain, Spaceship Earth, Pirates of the Caribbean, Contemporary Resort, Space Mountain, The Seas with Nemo and Friends, Mickey's Philharmagic, Dinosaur, Wishes, Kali River Rapids, Coronado Springs, Jungle Cruise

Bethany: Polynesian Resort, Rockin' RollerCoaster, Big Thunder Mountain, Haunted Mansion, Walt Disney World Railroad, Cinderella Castle, Mission Space, Buzz Lightyear, It's a small world, Illuminations, TTA, Norway, Wilderness Lodge

Red Randal
07-17-2007, 11:19 AM
Boy, you're just having some bad luck this week. I also have Wilderness Lodge. Great minds think alike.

I'm taking Innoventions!

Red Randal: Expedition Everest, Soarin', Boardwalk Resort, Star Tours, Honey I Shrunk the Audience, Great Movie Ride, Wilderness Lodge, Carousel of Progress, Fantasmic, Test Track, Festival of the Lion King, Mexico, Innoventions

Bethany: Polynesian Resort, Rockin' RollerCoaster, Big Thunder Mountain, Haunted Mansion, Walt Disney World Railroad, Cinderella Castle, Mission Space, Buzz Lightyear, It's a small world, Illuminations, TTA, Norway

Bethanymouse
07-19-2007, 12:49 AM
Now this is getting tricky!!! Sorry about that! I guess after scoot goes I will pick two again....and review the other posts!!!!

scoot241
07-19-2007, 10:04 PM
My next pick is the Monorail.

Red Randal: Expedition Everest, Soarin', Boardwalk Resort, Star Tours, Honey I Shrunk the Audience, Great Movie Ride, Wilderness Lodge, Carousel of Progress, Fantasmic, Test Track, Festival of the Lion King, Mexico, Innoventions

Scoot: Splash Mountain, Spaceship Earth, Pirates of the Caribbean, Contemporary Resort, Space Mountain, The Seas with Nemo and Friends, Mickey's Philharmagic, Dinosaur, Wishes, Kali River Rapids, Coronado Springs, Jungle Cruise, Monorail

Bethany: Polynesian Resort, Rockin' RollerCoaster, Big Thunder Mountain, Haunted Mansion, Walt Disney World Railroad, Cinderella Castle, Mission Space, Buzz Lightyear, It's a small world, Illuminations, TTA, Norway

Bethanymouse
07-20-2007, 12:59 AM
Ok since I obviously am having trouble with picking lately- here are my two picks:

Grand Floridian
and
Downtown Disney

Hopefully no one has these and they are ok.....:(

Scoot: Splash Mountain, Spaceship Earth, Pirates of the Caribbean, Contemporary Resort, Space Mountain, The Seas with Nemo and Friends, Mickey's Philharmagic, Dinosaur, Wishes, Kali River Rapids, Coronado Springs, Jungle Cruise, Monorail

Bethany: Polynesian Resort, Rockin' RollerCoaster, Big Thunder Mountain, Haunted Mansion, Walt Disney World Railroad, Cinderella Castle, Mission Space, Buzz Lightyear, It's a small world, Illuminations, TTA, Norway, Downtown Disney, Grand Floridian

Red Randal
07-20-2007, 10:32 AM
Downtown Disney seems like kind of a judgement call. Ideally, I'd say we narrow everything down to individual clubs, shops, and restaurants but then this game might last 3 years.

I think maybe you should narrow it down to either Pleasure Island, the West Side, or the Marketplace. And Cirque should probably be a seperate ticket.

That's my opinion. What do you think, Scoot? Should we split it up or give her the whole kit and kaboodle?

Also, while we're on the topic, want to set an end game for this? I'm having fun with it, but we're really building monster parks here. Maybe we can get it going again only with a few more people. I originally intended the decisions to be much more strenuous when deciding between a ride or show or hotel for fear that it would be gone by your next pick. With fantasy football season upon us, I could see this picking up again.

scoot241
07-20-2007, 12:15 PM
Yeah, Downtown should probably be split into those 4 parts.

I don't mind getting a new one started soon. Whenever yall want to stop is fine with me.

Red Randal
07-20-2007, 02:55 PM
Okay, so, Beth gets to choose West Side, Marketplace, Pleasure Island, or Cirque. The rest stay up for grabs.

How about we go for 10 more rounds, starting with my pick here. Now, there's only 10 rounds left. We've all picked a ton of rides and a few resorts. Our parks still need restaurants, shops, and other things that make Disney parks what they are. Do you want them? That's the decision to be made. When it's all said and done we can open it up to Intercot to see who made the boards' favorite park.

I'll pick the 50's Prime Time Cafe.

Red Randal: Expedition Everest, Soarin', Boardwalk Resort, Star Tours, Honey I Shrunk the Audience, Great Movie Ride, Wilderness Lodge, Carousel of Progress, Fantasmic, Test Track, Festival of the Lion King, Mexico, Innoventions, 50's Prime Time Cafe

Bethany: Polynesian Resort, Rockin' RollerCoaster, Big Thunder Mountain, Haunted Mansion, Walt Disney World Railroad, Cinderella Castle, Mission Space, Buzz Lightyear, It's a small world, Illuminations, TTA, Norway, Downtown Disney, Grand Floridian

scoot241
07-20-2007, 09:57 PM
I'll take the Emporium.

Red Randal: Expedition Everest, Soarin', Boardwalk Resort, Star Tours, Honey I Shrunk the Audience, Great Movie Ride, Wilderness Lodge, Carousel of Progress, Fantasmic, Test Track, Festival of the Lion King, Mexico, Innoventions, 50's Prime Time Cafe

Scoot: Splash Mountain, Spaceship Earth, Pirates of the Caribbean, Contemporary Resort, Space Mountain, The Seas with Nemo and Friends, Mickey's Philharmagic, Dinosaur, Wishes, Kali River Rapids, Coronado Springs, Jungle Cruise, Monorail, Emporium

Bethanymouse
07-21-2007, 01:16 AM
Is it my pick again? I changed my old choice to Cirque- I usually go after scoot so I am guessing it is my turn but was randal skipped?

Scoot: Splash Mountain, Spaceship Earth, Pirates of the Caribbean, Contemporary Resort, Space Mountain, The Seas with Nemo and Friends, Mickey's Philharmagic, Dinosaur, Wishes, Kali River Rapids, Coronado Springs, Jungle Cruise, Monorail, Emporium

Bethany: Polynesian Resort, Rockin' RollerCoaster, Big Thunder Mountain, Haunted Mansion, Walt Disney World Railroad, Cinderella Castle, Mission Space, Buzz Lightyear, It's a small world, Illuminations, TTA, Norway, Cirque, Grand Floridian

scoot241
07-21-2007, 11:20 AM
Yeah it's your turn. Randal wasn't skipped; he picked the 50s Prime Time Cafe.

Bethanymouse
07-23-2007, 12:52 AM
Ok thanks, sounds good! I think I am going to now take the Marketplace

Bethany: Polynesian Resort, Rockin' RollerCoaster, Big Thunder Mountain, Haunted Mansion, Walt Disney World Railroad, Cinderella Castle, Mission Space, Buzz Lightyear, It's a small world, Illuminations, TTA, Norway, Cirque, Grand Floridian, Marketplace

Red Randal
07-23-2007, 10:17 AM
I need some shopping, so I guess I'll go with Mouse Works.

Red Randal: Expedition Everest, Soarin', Boardwalk Resort, Star Tours, Honey I Shrunk the Audience, Great Movie Ride, Wilderness Lodge, Carousel of Progress, Fantasmic, Test Track, Festival of the Lion King, Mexico, Innoventions, 50's Prime Time Cafe, Mouse Works

Bethany: Polynesian Resort, Rockin' RollerCoaster, Big Thunder Mountain, Haunted Mansion, Walt Disney World Railroad, Cinderella Castle, Mission Space, Buzz Lightyear, It's a small world, Illuminations, TTA, Norway, Cirque, Grand Floridian, Marketplace

scoot241
07-23-2007, 07:08 PM
This time I'll take the Rose and Crown.

Red Randal: Expedition Everest, Soarin', Boardwalk Resort, Star Tours, Honey I Shrunk the Audience, Great Movie Ride, Wilderness Lodge, Carousel of Progress, Fantasmic, Test Track, Festival of the Lion King, Mexico, Innoventions, 50's Prime Time Cafe, Mouse Works

Scoot: Splash Mountain, Spaceship Earth, Pirates of the Caribbean, Contemporary Resort, Space Mountain, The Seas with Nemo and Friends, Mickey's Philharmagic, Dinosaur, Wishes, Kali River Rapids, Coronado Springs, Jungle Cruise, Monorail, Emporium, Rose and Crown

Bethanymouse
07-23-2007, 07:22 PM
Are we doing it as individual restuarants in Epcot- or countries? I am going to take Blizzard Beach....or should I just take rides? you tell me what you think?

Scoot: Splash Mountain, Spaceship Earth, Pirates of the Caribbean, Contemporary Resort, Space Mountain, The Seas with Nemo and Friends, Mickey's Philharmagic, Dinosaur, Wishes, Kali River Rapids, Coronado Springs, Jungle Cruise, Monorail, Emporium, Rose and Crown

Bethany: Polynesian Resort, Rockin' RollerCoaster, Big Thunder Mountain, Haunted Mansion, Walt Disney World Railroad, Cinderella Castle, Mission Space, Buzz Lightyear, It's a small world, Illuminations, TTA, Norway, Cirque, Grand Floridian, Marketplace, Blizzard Beach

Red Randal
07-24-2007, 12:09 PM
Are we doing it as individual restuarants in Epcot- or countries? I am going to take Blizzard Beach....or should I just take rides? you tell me what you think?

The way I look at it is "how easily can the two be seperated from each other?"

I took Mexico because there is one building and it's got Rio De Tiempo, San Angel Inn, and that marketplace all meshed together in one experience. We also counted the Living Seas as a one shot deal because of that.

Scoot took Rose & Crown which, while a part of the UK pavilion, can also be opened in this imaginary park we are building all alone.

That having been said, I know it doesn't make any sense to then make resorts and parts of Downtown Disney into their own pick instead of a bunch of smaller ones but we did, so what can you do?

At this point I don't think anyone is going to complain if you take Germany instead of Biergarten seperately or anything, just as long as it's nothing ridiculous like, I don't know, taking all of Downtown Disney with one pick. ( I kid, I kid, ;) ) But you see what I mean in comparing one to the other?

Now, for my pick, I'm taking Typhoon Lagoon. How the heck did we not pick water parks yet? Scoot, I don't know what to tell you, does Disney still officially consider River Country to be in "seasonal operation" or something goofy?

Red Randal: Expedition Everest, Soarin', Boardwalk Resort, Star Tours, Honey I Shrunk the Audience, Great Movie Ride, Wilderness Lodge, Carousel of Progress, Fantasmic, Test Track, Festival of the Lion King, Mexico, Innoventions, 50's Prime Time Cafe, Mouse Works, Typhoon Lagoon

Bethany: Polynesian Resort, Rockin' RollerCoaster, Big Thunder Mountain, Haunted Mansion, Walt Disney World Railroad, Cinderella Castle, Mission Space, Buzz Lightyear, It's a small world, Illuminations, TTA, Norway, Cirque, Grand Floridian, Marketplace, Blizzard Beach

scoot241
07-25-2007, 07:06 PM
I'll take West Side.

Red Randal: Expedition Everest, Soarin', Boardwalk Resort, Star Tours, Honey I Shrunk the Audience, Great Movie Ride, Wilderness Lodge, Carousel of Progress, Fantasmic, Test Track, Festival of the Lion King, Mexico, Innoventions, 50's Prime Time Cafe, Mouse Works, Typhoon Lagoon, West Side

Bethanymouse
07-26-2007, 01:18 AM
Alright, I am going to take Japan.....not sure if this fits your description so just let me know if I am breaking the rules;).

Red Randal: Expedition Everest, Soarin', Boardwalk Resort, Star Tours, Honey I Shrunk the Audience, Great Movie Ride, Wilderness Lodge, Carousel of Progress, Fantasmic, Test Track, Festival of the Lion King, Mexico, Innoventions, 50's Prime Time Cafe, Mouse Works, Typhoon Lagoon, West Side

Bethany: Polynesian Resort, Rockin' RollerCoaster, Big Thunder Mountain, Haunted Mansion, Walt Disney World Railroad, Cinderella Castle, Mission Space, Buzz Lightyear, It's a small world, Illuminations, TTA, Norway, Cirque, Grand Floridian, Marketplace, Blizzard Beach, Japan

Red Randal
07-26-2007, 02:28 PM
I'm taking Ice Station Cool! Oh yeah...snowballs and Beverly, baby!! :snowball:

Red Randal: Expedition Everest, Soarin', Boardwalk Resort, Star Tours, Honey I Shrunk the Audience, Great Movie Ride, Wilderness Lodge, Carousel of Progress, Fantasmic, Test Track, Festival of the Lion King, Mexico, Innoventions, 50's Prime Time Cafe, Mouse Works, Typhoon Lagoon, Ice Station Cool

Scoot: Splash Mountain, Spaceship Earth, Pirates of the Caribbean, Contemporary Resort, Space Mountain, The Seas with Nemo and Friends, Mickey's Philharmagic, Dinosaur, Wishes, Kali River Rapids, Coronado Springs, Jungle Cruise, Monorail, Emporium, Rose and Crown, West Side

Bethany: Polynesian Resort, Rockin' RollerCoaster, Big Thunder Mountain, Haunted Mansion, Walt Disney World Railroad, Cinderella Castle, Mission Space, Buzz Lightyear, It's a small world, Illuminations, TTA, Norway, Cirque, Grand Floridian, Marketplace, Blizzard Beach, Japan

scoot241
07-26-2007, 07:20 PM
I'll take the Crystal Palace.

Red Randal: Expedition Everest, Soarin', Boardwalk Resort, Star Tours, Honey I Shrunk the Audience, Great Movie Ride, Wilderness Lodge, Carousel of Progress, Fantasmic, Test Track, Festival of the Lion King, Mexico, Innoventions, 50's Prime Time Cafe, Mouse Works, Typhoon Lagoon, Ice Station Cool

Scoot: Splash Mountain, Spaceship Earth, Pirates of the Caribbean, Contemporary Resort, Space Mountain, The Seas with Nemo and Friends, Mickey's Philharmagic, Dinosaur, Wishes, Kali River Rapids, Coronado Springs, Jungle Cruise, Monorail, Emporium, Rose and Crown, West Side, Crystal Palace

Bethanymouse
07-30-2007, 04:18 PM
I am going to take the Yacht and Beach Club!

Scoot: Splash Mountain, Spaceship Earth, Pirates of the Caribbean, Contemporary Resort, Space Mountain, The Seas with Nemo and Friends, Mickey's Philharmagic, Dinosaur, Wishes, Kali River Rapids, Coronado Springs, Jungle Cruise, Monorail, Emporium, Rose and Crown, West Side, Crystal Palace

Bethany: Polynesian Resort, Rockin' RollerCoaster, Big Thunder Mountain, Haunted Mansion, Walt Disney World Railroad, Cinderella Castle, Mission Space, Buzz Lightyear, It's a small world, Illuminations, TTA, Norway, Cirque, Grand Floridian, Marketplace, Blizzard Beach, Japan, Yacht and Beach Club