PDA

View Full Version : Haunted Mansion Rehab [Merged Threads]

NewmanFamily6
04-29-2007, 04:13 PM
Anyone know what changes they are making? I hope they do not change too much:hmghost: It is my favorite ride.

droopy d.
04-29-2007, 05:10 PM
I hope they don't either my DS just told me the other day it was his favorite ride too.

Kate In Wonderland
04-29-2007, 07:17 PM
They are making changes to the HM?? I hadn't heard anything but then again I seem to be living under a rock lately. I just found out last week that they changed the Mexico in Epcot ride. I really have to get on the ball here!
Does anyone know what they are doing?

ghost999
04-29-2007, 08:01 PM
as you can tell i obviously don't like hm, it is my least favorite ride. i hope they tear it down. :mickey:
oh come on, did you think i was serious.

AliceinDisney
04-30-2007, 01:19 AM
My heart stopped for a sec then I saw your avatar. lol I thought, "Who's nuts enough to not LOVE HM"!!!! lol

Strmchsr
04-30-2007, 10:54 AM
They are making changes to the HM?? I hadn't heard anything but then again I seem to be living under a rock lately. I just found out last week that they changed the Mexico in Epcot ride. I really have to get on the ball here!
Does anyone know what they are doing?

You can keep up to date with all ride changes in the refurb section of Info Central and the "rumors" thread that Jason (Figment) keeps updated. HM will be close June-September for a major refurb/update.

JPL
04-30-2007, 11:19 AM
One rumour coming on strong is a new sound system for the Strecthing Room. Not to many details have been released

battle beast
04-30-2007, 11:22 AM
I belive they are fixing broken/old effects, updating costumes, making everything look brand spankin' new, and a sound sytem was one thing I heard was in the works.

TFrauts
04-30-2007, 11:48 AM
What a bummer! We are going there for our honeymoon in July...I have been on it many times, but my fiance hasn't, and I couldn't wait to take him on it!! :(

bleukarma
04-30-2007, 12:01 PM
I think I heard a rumor about a gift shop at the end.

Figment!
04-30-2007, 12:10 PM
The refurbishment was announced as a "routine refurbishment"; however, rumours circulating has claimed otherwise.

Should any of the rumours hold true, the refurbishment would bring at least one of the following changes:

Updated Attic and Séance Room Scenes (as recently installed at Disneyland)
New On-Ride Photo during the Hitch Hiking Ghost Scene
New Crypt Themed Gift Shop at the end of the ride
New scene installed on the staircase portion prior to the Ballroom scene

AliceinDisney
04-30-2007, 06:50 PM
A new staircase scene for the ballroom? What do you mean? Whats happening on the staircase in the ballroom?

I'm one hundred percent positive Disney World is getting the Floating Leota in the glass ball as well as the Constance the axe weilding murderous bride from Disneyland. The sound system is being updated, and I think they're just fixing up animatronic movement and the tracks for the ride. Just a bit of spring cleaning I guess. I think the gift shop is just a rumour at this point. I think if Disneyland was to have one that would signify that WDW would get one too... Right now I think its a rumour, but we'll see won't we ;)

LoriMistress
04-30-2007, 07:28 PM
I also read this on doombuggies.com (on their message board.)

Friday morning, WDI sent out a mass-email to local (to them) Disney employees that read as follows:

"Volunteers are needed to listen to the new WDW Magic Kingdom Haunted Mansion "Moving Ghost Host" audio system for the Stretch Rooms."

From what I understand, this was a test to get feedback on the new audio system that showcases some much-needed upgrades to the stretch room. If all goes well, we can expect fun new things popping up after the Mansion goes down for the summer.

Crow
04-30-2007, 09:41 PM
ill check out the old decrepit ride at the end of May, then will look forward to it in Sept all new wo dust

Pixie Power
04-30-2007, 11:44 PM
Oh, I'm glad I'm going to WDW one more time before the refurb.:thumbsup: I'll get one last ride(s) in this weekend and can compare it to the new deal on our New Year's Eve trip.:mickey:

Kate In Wonderland
05-01-2007, 07:36 PM
Thanks for all of the info!

dumbo ears
05-01-2007, 08:03 PM
:mickey: i hope there aren't too many changes made. I love HM

AliceinDisney
05-02-2007, 01:18 AM
Wow! Everyone's rocking the Alice avatars :)

Go Alice! heeh I didnt realize she had so many fans :)

ghost999
05-02-2007, 06:11 PM
HM is :cool: and i think it would be an awesome idea to have i gift shop there because they really don't have that much hm stuff around there. :mickey:

TFrauts
05-03-2007, 01:48 AM
I remember about 10 years ago, i went with my family and there was a haunted mansiongift shop...You could buy some pretty neat things...I remember buying a lightbulb that lit up when I touched it with my hand...no buttons or anything...just MAGIC, or GHOSTS!! LOL, and a ddog leash with a wire in it and when you walk it, it appears that there is an invisible dog!! I looked for the gift shop last time...it was gone...I can' wait for a new one!!

disneymajik
05-07-2007, 09:37 PM
For what it's worth I was at Disney this past Wednesday, took everyones advice and drove up from my vaction in West Palm for a night, and my wife and I were speaking to the HM CM's for a good 10 minutes prior to the morning rope drop. What they told me was to expect more changes and updates than you would normally expect from a Disney rehab including an updated bride scene, updated floating head / table, and digital audio on all of the Doom Buggies. They said they felt strongly that there would be other updates but they haven't gotten them from their managers yet. One of the female CM's was really excited about all of the changes.

I also asked about the addition of a gift shop and was told that they do not expect one to be built due to the limited space and cost associated with moving a number of water pipes that run into the builiding. They were very bummed out about that b/c they feel that the HM gets jipped with the available souveniors for sale due to the limited space in the current location.

Again take the info for what it's worth but being their and having this conversation with the CM's got me excited about seeing this ride when it reopens.

BigBaloo
05-08-2007, 11:45 AM
When they say updating the audio I hope they mean they are enhancing & not replacing. HM wouldn't be the same w/o Paul Frees.....

GiltterDisneyGirl
05-09-2007, 01:23 AM
I heard that they will be updating the sound, adding a new room, gift shop, and ride photo. :D I just hope they don't change it too much, it is my fav ride! :hmghost:

battle beast
05-09-2007, 11:07 AM
I'll be able to check it out in November, when I go!!! Woot!!! :thumbsup: :D

tplmarc
05-09-2007, 05:20 PM
Hey guys i was listening to Inside the Magic show number 108. He mentioned something about a new audio system going in to the stretching room at WDW. It was apparently an email that went out to cast members to come out to imagineering to test this new system. Apparently like a 3-d sound system sounded kinda cool anyone know anymore details?

Mickey91
05-09-2007, 06:44 PM
Hope it doesn't change too much!!