PDA

View Full Version : Nemo Dream Mobile to Tour May 4 - June 29, 2007 In Honor of the Nemo Submarine Voyage

Figment!
04-29-2007, 03:35 PM
DISNEYLAND SUBMARINE TAKES TO THE ROAD FOR THE YEAR OF A MILLION DREAMS!

Disneyland Resort Press Release
April 26, 2007

ANAHEIM, CALIF.---As the new Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage is being readied for its June 11 premiere at Disneyland, the Nemo Dream Mobile will be coming out of the water and onto the road beginning May 4 for a spring-summer tour of the West. This road-tripping submarine-on-wheels will bring some of the magic of Disneyland Resort and its new summer attraction to cities in the western United States and Canada.

Designed to resemble one of the yellow submarines in the Disneyland fleet, the Nemo Dream Mobile will travel to Vancouver, Seattle, Portland, San Francisco, San Jose, Sacramento, Fresno, Salt Lake City, Las Vegas, Albuquerque, Tucson, Phoenix and other locales, appearing in a variety of settings including landmarks, festivals, schools, aquariums, museums, parks, boys & girls clubs, sporting events and parades.

With a length of 43 feet, a height of nearly 13 feet, and a colorful design evoking the classic Disneyland submarine fleet, the Nemo Dream Mobile will bring news of an all-new submarine attraction opening this summer as part of The Year of a Million Dreams at Disneyland.

Along for the voyage, and appearing atop the Nemo Dream Mobile in select locations, will be Nigel, the friendly pelican from the Disney-Pixar film Finding Nemo, and the scavenging seagulls (“Mine, Mine, Mine”) from the movie. The vehicle will also convert, on select occasions, into an “aquarium on wheels,” featuring surprise appearances by Crush, the cruisin’ turtle from Finding Nemo, who can take questions and chat with small groups of guests in a “road show” version of “Turtle Talk with Crush,” the popular interactive animation experience from Disneyland Resort.

The Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage, debuting June 11, will feature extensively enhanced versions of the original 1959 Disneyland submarines in a new adventure with Nemo and his fish friends from the Disney-Pixar movie Finding Nemo. Submarine voyagers will go on an underwater expedition featuring cutting-edge imaging technology which will bring the Finding Nemo characters amazingly to life.

The Nemo Dream Mobile will make its first stops May 4 through 6 in Vancouver, British Columbia. It will voyage onward according to the following itinerary:

May 7-11 Seattle, Washington

May 14-15 Portland, Oregon

May 17-23 San Francisco Bay Area, San Jose, California

May 24-30 Sacramento area, California

May 31 – June 1 Fresno, California

June 4-6 Salt Lake City, Utah

June 11 Disneyland for “Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage” launch

June 13-15 Las Vegas, Nevada

June 17-18 Albuquerque, New Mexico

June 21-22 Tucson, Arizona

June 26-29 Phoenix, Arizona

Highlighted this summer by the Grand Opening of the Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage, the Year of a Million Dreams celebration at Disneyland Resort features a full lineup of immersive character encounters and other “Dream-Come-True” experiences. Disneyland Resort in California and Walt Disney World Resort in Florida are making literally millions of dreams, large and small, come true for eligible guests.

Many money-can't-buy experiences—from exclusive Dream FASTPASSES for popular Disney attractions to around-the-world vacations or a stay in the special Mickey Mouse Penthouse at the Disneyland Hotel—will be awarded at random. There are opportunities for guests to meet and play with Disney Princesses at Disney Princess Fantasy Faire, join a band of pirates in New Orleans Square, duel with Darth Vader at Jedi Training Academy, or show some school spirit in the High School Musical Pep Rally. "The Year of a Million Dreams" continues throughout 2007.

Donalds Duckie
04-29-2007, 04:30 PM
Thanks Figment!

Is the Nemo Dream Mobile making a daily appearance at Disneyland until departure for the tour May 4?

Does Nemo officially open June 11 or is that previews only?

I have a DL AP and plan to go home to Los Angeles mid-June, I'm hoping to experience the submarines again!:mickey:

Disneyluvr2
04-29-2007, 11:47 PM
How fun would that be to get to drive the sub all over the country!!! I always wanted to drive the Oscar Mayer Weinner mobil around.:laughing: What a fun job!

scoot241
04-30-2007, 12:09 AM
Too bad it won't be traveling more eastward.

Figment!
04-30-2007, 10:51 AM
Is the Nemo Dream Mobile making a daily appearance at Disneyland until departure for the tour May 4? Disney has not released anything to that effect.

Does Nemo officially open June 11 or is that previews only?It is the currently scheduled official opening date.

2Epcot
04-30-2007, 12:11 PM
Thanks Jason, the Dream Mobile sub looks cool. My brother and his family are visiting just after the opening ... I'm sure it will be crazy, but I'm glad my niece and nephew will get here just in time. :mickey:

Chescat
05-01-2007, 09:17 PM
So the only day its going to be in L.A. is at the opening of Nemo. That's a bummer, was hoping it would be there the weekend before. :(

The two days I'm staying far away from the park is Nemo Opening day and Pirate Premiere.

Mufasa
05-10-2007, 05:53 AM
The Finding Nemo Dream Mobile has been generating some good responses so far in it's tour stops in the Pacific Northwest- you can keep up to date on tour stops at http://disneyland.com/NemoDreamTour. (many of the scheduled tour stops are at various Chevron gas stations as Chevron is one of the main sponsors of the Dream Mobile Tour).

Also, since Honda is among the sponsors of the Nemo Dream Mobile Tour, starting on May 15th, you can enter for a chance to win a Disneyland Resort vacation and a new 2007 Honda CR-V in "Honda's Ride the Wave Sweepstakes" at http://ridethewave.honda.com