PDA

View Full Version : Eating at Fort Wilderness

disneyvivi1980
04-29-2007, 11:30 AM
As you can see from my signature, I've had the pleasure of staying onsite on my last two trips and plan to do so in September 08 (that's far from now)... Anyways, the last time we stayed at FWC, we were in loop 100. We were very close to the Trail's End Buffet. Has any of you ever eat there? Is it worth it?

Goofeygal
04-29-2007, 11:39 AM
Trails End is a great buffet. We have been there a couple times to eat and loved it. There is also crocets tavern with drinks and snack food like pizza chicken wings that kind of thing. We have camped at Ft. Wilderness several times and doing so agin in june for 2 weeks. You will love it.

Jrpbabe2003
04-29-2007, 12:47 PM
I do not think it is worth it if you are on the dining plan. There are so many better options. But, if you are not on the DP, then it is good.

ibrowse17
04-29-2007, 05:36 PM
We really enjoy Trail's End, and I know you will as well:thumbsup:

Vanlandingham
04-29-2007, 05:36 PM
If your not on the DP, Trail's End may very well be the best value in the entirety of WDW. The buffet is good all the time, or if you prefer they make good pizza (which is available for takeout). Plus, many of the waiters and waitresses have been working there for years now (yes I recognize them by name, which I can't decide if thats good or bad), and are always good for various FW or WDW tips. In short, its great.

TheMartellFamily
04-29-2007, 05:40 PM
It is one of our favs to eat at. But it is for all meals the least expensive buffets on site of WDW. We have also not eaten at the buffet and ordered the pizza and taken it back to our site. It is truly one of the best buffets on property but pay of it out of pocket rather than off the DP if that is what you are going to be on. But then many do not do the dining plan when staying at FT wilderness as for they make their own meals since they bring most of their food with them. Try it and you may really really like it.

casey@bat
04-29-2007, 10:27 PM
Plus, many of the waiters and waitresses have been working there for years now (yes I recognize them by name, which I can't decide if thats good or bad), and are always good for various FW or WDW tips. In short, its great.

There is one lady named Josaphene (sp?) who is great and has been there for a long time. I think that is her name. Does anyone else know who I am talking about?

disneyvivi1980
04-30-2007, 05:44 PM
Just to make it clear: I have used the Intercot DP calculator and discovered that we won't have that much meals and we often share amongst ourselves... So, we will not be on DP. we will pay of our own pocket.

Thanks for the advice, we'll try it!

Thanks

JRocker
04-30-2007, 10:02 PM
I am definately in the minority, and have been blasted for saying this...but, I am a glutton for punishment.

We had breakfast there and the food was fabulous.
However....for half the price I could have eaten at a buffet off site.
Not worth the money, when you look at it from that perspective.

Vanlandingham
05-01-2007, 01:32 AM
There is one lady named Josaphene (sp?) who is great and has been there for a long time. I think that is her name. Does anyone else know who I am talking about?

I know exactly who you're talking about, and yeah I'm 85% sure that's her name. And she is pretty great. :thumbsup:

dizne4me
05-01-2007, 01:56 PM
My family and I love Trail's End...There are 6 of going in Aug. and we already have it planned to be the first place to go after check-in. Even we we stay at another resort, we still find our way back to Trail's End and Crocketts. I love sitting in the big, old rockers, sipping an ice cold beverage and watching the people arriving at the marina. The atmosphere and food are great! Have a Great time.

AuntLaura
05-01-2007, 08:43 PM
We recommend the take-out. We've had the pizza. They also have a take-out chicken dinner named Giddy-up and Go, or something like that. I remember it to be something like 10 pieces of chicken, cole slaw, potato wedges, less than $25.00. There were 6 of us adults, and it was plenty food for us all. Very reasonably priced, and you can eat it at your leisure at your campsite or cabin.

CU Tiger
05-03-2007, 09:48 PM
We ate there last night for the first time in our five years of coming to FW and I say it is a good deal. You get salmon, shrimp, fried chicken, sausage, and bar-b-q ribs for just some of the meats. The chicken is some of the best I have ever had anywhere. There are great soups, salads, pastas, and great deserts. Next time we come, we are definitely eating there again.:mickey:

Camping Mom
05-06-2007, 10:40 PM
We have made a tradition of eating there the day we arrive. The mac and cheese is not very good and the chicken tastes just like the kind they serve at Hoop de Doo (but a lot cheaper.) You can tank up for the day and the price is great. We try and get Ken who has been there over 15 years. We have even eaten Christmas morning breakfast there. Just a good atmosphere.:thumbsup:

DNS
05-18-2007, 06:16 PM

I know who you are talking about. She is so very nice. I even got a picture of her the other day. It was our last day there.

SgtTigger
05-18-2007, 08:11 PM
We love it........

we come over from The Villas At Wilderness Lodge at least once every trip............

Josaphene is a great person and has been there as long as we have been going.........

:cop: :tigger:

tungpo1
05-24-2007, 06:19 AM
Its a tradition for us to eat at the trails end at least one timeduring our stay I dont think the food is worth the price but you have to try it once. The best place to eat with the kids is cheif Mickeys in the contempoary hotel, they have the characters and lots of food and fun!