PDA

View Full Version : EVC Rentals

lebo
04-29-2007, 09:12 AM
Hello, can anyone recommend a good place to rent these?
Thanks!!!!

comicguy
04-29-2007, 09:22 AM
We rented one for my dad when he came with us in Jan 06.

I believe we got it from Scooterama. They do have a web site and we reserved it throught it. If I remember correctly it was 40/day(we got the heavier unit) and they delivered it right to the resort before we arrived and picked it up after we left. They seemed easy to deal with.

AuntDJ
04-29-2007, 09:32 AM
Hi-

We rented from Walker Mobility. We were like you and had no idea, so I called our hotel (POFQ) and this is who they reccommended.

They have a website which is how I reserved, but they also have a phone number if you are more comfortable talking to a person. We checked in and our ECV was waiting for us! We will use them again.

DJ

MsMin
04-29-2007, 10:11 AM
We rented one each for my parents last Dec. and I used Scootarama too. It was very helpful to have it delivered right to the resort and for them to be able to use them for riding to the parks or just down the Boardwalk.
I did get two light ones b/c they recommended that for their weights. My mom had no problem with hers but my dad weighs 275 and and doesn't have the mobility to even move counter balance quickly when needed. He flipped his twice, once in AK on a hill and once the bus driver didn't strap him down on the bus and let him stay on it (DON'T do that!) I would get the heavier model for anyone 250+ My mom enjoyed the lighter one. The lighter models are 25 a day and they are very easy to just put on the charger at night in the hall.

faline
04-29-2007, 03:51 PM
Here's some information on additional rental locations. (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/specialneeds/default.asp)