PDA

View Full Version : Best place to eat at MGM?

Ms.Disney
04-29-2007, 12:32 AM
What do you think is the best place to eat at MGM? We cant pick one, we need your help.

Thanks

Mickey 101
04-29-2007, 12:52 AM
I've only eaten at one of the restaurants you are considering, which was Sci Fi. The atmosphere was great, but the food was just OK. Our favorite restaurant in MGM is Hollywood Brown Derby. Its actually one of our favorites on property because the food and service have been very consistent. Everything we've tried there has been excellent.

dizneeat
04-29-2007, 01:21 AM
Out of these three options Mama Melrose is our favorite! We do NOT like buffets so Hollywood and Vine is not for us, we love Sci-Fi too, but Mama wins hands down!

Natazu
04-29-2007, 01:40 AM
Since Brown Derby isn't on the list of choices, I have to go with Mama Melrose. Truthfully, none of the non-signature dining at MGM is on my list of favorites. Mama's has good flatbreads and salads so that's what I'd go with given the choices.

mrsgaribaldi
04-29-2007, 04:21 AM
Brown Derby was my choice but since it wasn't there I went with my next favorite, Hollywood & Vine:thumbsup:

Mom2princesses
04-29-2007, 08:33 AM
We did not like Mama Melrose at all. Poor service and food was not good. Hollywood and Vine is what I voted for although I don't think any of the resturants in MGM are that great. Although I have never eaten at the BD.

GrmGrninGost
04-29-2007, 08:35 AM
My favorite is the 50's Prime Time Cafe!:mickey:

LibertyTreeGal
04-29-2007, 08:38 AM
50's Prime Time

Sylvia
04-29-2007, 09:05 AM
Another vote for 50s Prime Time.

Of the 3 on your list, I voted for Hollywood and Vine.

TTA Metroliner
04-29-2007, 09:19 AM
We like Mama Melrose's becasue the food is fantastic (LOVE Italina food) and you can get the Fantasmic package with it.

Tink#64
04-29-2007, 11:20 AM
I'm so surprised that none of the posts favored the Sci Fi Dine in Theatre! We eat lunch there every visit & it's one of our must do's! We think the food is decent and the atmosphere is just fun to us!

We had a character breakfast at Hollywood & Vine the 1st year and it was good too! But for us the Sci Fi wins, because we like to eat at places that are unique & we don't have anything like it at home! It's as much about the atmosphere as it is the food! :mickey:

Crow
04-29-2007, 11:32 AM
as many are saying, Brown Derby hands down. but its not on the list so I went w Mama
ate there a few times, not too bad, not the greatest.
SciFi has nice atmospere but the 1 lunch there wasnt too good.
havent down H&V.

Shugoondola
04-29-2007, 01:10 PM
For me, it would be either The Brown Derby or Hollywood & Vine.

:mickey:

GreenBeetle
04-29-2007, 01:25 PM
Love the fun atmosphere at Sci-Fi - we never miss it for lunch. But we love the food at H&V. Huge buffet with lots of great choices. :cool:

dumbo ears
04-29-2007, 01:47 PM
i havent' eaten at any of these place yet but ive heard hollywood and vine is good.

RAIDER
04-29-2007, 03:16 PM
SCI FI ...its not the best food but its the best atmosphere :thumbsup:

wendy*darling
04-29-2007, 05:51 PM
We have eaten at all 3 places more than once.
Didn't care at all for MM the first time, but thought we'd give it another shot. Nope- didn't like it the 2nd time either, so it's not on our lists for the future. (I like the Italian food I make much better, so I am a bit biased)
Sci-Fi is lots of fun, food is decent. We go there about every other trip. The teen boys really like it.
H&V is one of our favorites. We like to food, something for everyone and more. And we usually do the Fantasmic Dinner Package with it.

I'll have to agree with many before me- Brown Derby is the best. We have ADRs for June and I can't wait!

Vanlandingham
04-29-2007, 05:58 PM
Of those, I've gotta go with Mama Melrose, though I liked it a whole lot more before they changed the menu a few years back.

I'm also a fan of the Prime Time Cafe, though I can see why some people wouldn't like that one so much.

DisneyorBust
04-29-2007, 06:45 PM
Sci-Fi Diner-boring and over priced, food was so-so.
Hollywood and Vine- good food but can be a bit loud at times.
Mama Melrose- our favorite Disney Studios restaurant! (so far, haven't tried the Brown Derby yet) Great flat breads! Very good dinners there.