PDA

View Full Version : Pop Century

SAnderson70769
04-28-2007, 10:31 PM
Arriving tomorrow!!! I've stayed there before but does anyone have any building suggestions to ask for??? We like to be close to the main building for food and drink but also dont want to be so far away from our rental car since we like to drive to the parks! Any info would be appreciated! :mickey:

Pipalotta
04-28-2007, 10:41 PM
The only time I stayed there, we stayed in the 90s building. It was near a pool and also very close to the 70s parking lot which was where we parked. It was a bit of a walk to the man building and buses, but we just cut through the parking lot and it was faster. This building was quiet even though there is a pool right there.

The building you stay in is effected by what you want. Most buildings have a parking lot to go with them but your room many not always be near that parking lot.

Most people will tell you if you want to be close to the food court to go with the perfered rooms which I believe are in the 60s and 70s but I may be mistaken. But if you dont mind a few more steps of exercise a day I wouldnt pay the extra money for perfered.

Thats just my opinion though. Try looking at a map of the resort. It shows all the buildings as well as the parking lots.

Bethanymouse
04-28-2007, 11:09 PM
We stayed at the 50's building. It was a great location, far enough away from the noise of central area but close enough to walk to without feeling far removed. We have requested that for both our stays and again for our summer stay....Have a great time!

Camping Mom
04-28-2007, 11:25 PM
We were in the 70's building. Close to the food court and main building, but far enough from the pool. Of course, we went in January this year and not lots of swimming going on. :mickey:

Tink#64
04-29-2007, 10:45 AM
We have always stayed in the 60's section, it is preferred, with a view of Hour Glass Lake, and quiet. From the end of the walkway we can see Spaceship Earth! But it isn't very close to parking. We don't drive, so this section is great for us. Last year my aunt stayed in the 50's section & she said they were close to everything. Intercot has resort maps under "Resorts" and you can see the whole layout of building, pools & parking to get a good overview & remember what their layout is like.

Enjoy:)

MsMin
04-29-2007, 10:58 AM
The preferred is closer but often sold out by check-in. I always ask them. They know what they have available b/c with the 50's for example, some rooms are far closer to the great hall than others. Do check out your short cuts b/c often cutting through the parking lot can save a lot of steps.
Have a wonderful time.

EeyoresBestFriend
04-29-2007, 11:02 PM
We just got back on Friday and were in the 50's building #3. It was a pretty good location - we were on the backside facing the lake(nice and quiet) - and on the top floor(our request), but not a preferred location. We seemed to be able 3-4 mins from the food and the same to the parking lot. Also about 30 seconds from the elevator and 2 mins from the pool. Great as far as I was concerned. Our rooms were 3453 & 3454.:mickey:

Have an excellent time!!:thumbsup:

Kerry823
04-30-2007, 10:33 AM
We also just stayed at POP. We were in the 50's building facing the lake. It was not far at all from the main building or the parking lots. We had stayed in the 90s previously and the location was not good at all. Far from the food court and pretty much faced the parking lot. Actually we walked thru the parking lot to catch the buses to the resorts. Not safe or visually pleasing~just much shorter. In my opinion, go with the 50's or pay for a preferred.

Camping Mom
06-08-2007, 12:49 AM
I sort of have another question on the Pop Century resort. When my DH and I were there in January, we talked to a manager about the OTHER part of Pop Century that was being built. If you walk out to the bridge, there are decades listed. The manager told us it was originally going to be decades of 1910, 1920, 1930 and 1940. We got to thinking of all the great ideas for decorating. Swing music and big bands for 1940's, etc... He then said it was possible they might do an exact replica of the Pop Century standing now. He gave us a card that had an email address on it and said for us to send the customer service an email and tell them all the cool things we thought of that would go along with the 1910-1940 themes. When we tried to use the email address, it kept coming back as not a good email address. Has anyone heard anymore about exactly what they will do with the new Pop Century??? The manager told us it might be several more years before it was completed.