PDA

View Full Version : Dolewhip?

candaceB
04-28-2007, 04:42 PM
Do they sell dolewhips in Disneyland? If so, where?

:mickey:

Melanie
04-28-2007, 05:59 PM
Yes! :tasty:

They are available at the Tiki Juice Bar, located at the entrance to the Enchanted Tiki Room in Adventureland.

BrerGnat
04-29-2007, 02:16 PM
Yes, but they only have the pineapple flavor. You can't get the pineapple/vanilla swirl (my favorite) like you can at WDW.

They offer the plain pineapple soft serve as well as the pineapple juice Dole whip float.

Disneyluvr2
04-30-2007, 12:39 AM
Mmmmm, Pineapple/vanilla swirl! That sounds yummy! I wonder why they don't have the swirl at Disneyland? I looooove Dole Whips!

BrerGnat
04-30-2007, 01:27 PM
Yeah, the swirl is :cloud9:

I suppose they don't have it because that tiki juice bar is TINY. They probably only have room for one machine in there, so it's just the plain pineapple flavor available.

They really need a bigger stand, though. The place always has a huge line.

Kate In Wonderland
04-30-2007, 01:29 PM
Mmmmmm dolewhip......:D

Disneyluvr2
05-01-2007, 12:59 AM
Yeah, the swirl is :cloud9:
They really need a bigger stand, though. The place always has a huge line.

Yes, I know that line very well! :D I really think they should have a fastpass for the Dole Whip booth!:rotfl:

Melanie
05-01-2007, 01:36 AM
The line inside the turnstiles for the attraction is usually shorter. :thumbsup:

BrerGnat
05-01-2007, 11:10 PM
The line inside the turnstiles for the attraction is usually shorter. :thumbsup:

Shorter in number of people it may be. BUT, it takes twice as long to get your stuff when you are inside there. I don't know why, but they do about 2 customers on the OUTside per every 1 customer on the INside...

I have gotten out of the line from the inside, exited the turnstiles, and waited on the other side and have gotten served faster than the people who were ahead of me in line on the inside.

That tiki juice bar is NOT an exercise in efficiency...

Melanie
05-02-2007, 05:48 AM
That hasn't been my experience, Natalie. They've always taken equal turns with the lines. :shrug:

ChipDale
05-02-2007, 09:39 AM
They've always taken equal turns with the lines.

Same here. My husband is addicted to Dole Whips so I have a lot of experience. :D

BrerGnat
05-03-2007, 06:21 PM
Well, it's probably just me. We have this running joke in my family about how much the CM's at the Tiki Juice bar like to torture me. I always end up in line when they run out of change in the register, the machine breaks, one of the CMs in on break, etc. I have the WORST luck there. I swear, at least the past three times, I have stood in that line for over 15 minutes and the last TWO times, the CM was clearly new, and was waiting for "help", but she completely kept helping only the people outside the line, because, according to her "the line out there is longer".

Good thing I like dole whips so much. It's like a test in patience.

:rolleyes:

*tinker_belle*
05-04-2007, 02:12 PM
Wow me and my boyfriend LOVE Dole Whips! They are so wonderful i wish i could make them at home to eat on a hot day.
Sadly, if the line is too long, we will pass right on by. We've seen it go clear to Aladdins Oasis and on those days, the line inside is bad too. We like the days where there are 3 people in line. We hop right in and get our treat and all is well with the world. Luckily we go enough that missing a couple Dole Whips isn't the end of the world. Theres always next month :)

Mufasa
05-10-2007, 06:04 AM
For me, the only true definition of a Dole Whip is the pure pineapple variety (none of this pineapple/vanilla swirl blasphemy they serve at WDW)- and the only way to enjoy a Dole Whip is while enjoying a performance at the Enchanted Tiki Room.

I've actually come very close to buying a soft serve machine and contacting a food service company to get a giant industrial sized tub of the same Dole Whip mix they serve in the park to set up at home (not that I'd actually go through that much Dole Whip daily and probably wouldn't be good for you health wise).

I wouldn't mind that or a Churro machine either.

NotaGeek
05-10-2007, 01:06 PM
For me, the only true definition of a Dole Whip is the pure pineapple variety (none of this pineapple/vanilla swirl blasphemy they serve at WDW)- and the only way to enjoy a Dole Whip is while enjoying a performance at the Enchanted Tiki Room.

I've actually come very close to buying a soft serve machine and contacting a food service company to get a giant industrial sized tub of the same Dole Whip mix they serve in the park to set up at home (not that I'd actually go through that much Dole Whip daily and probably wouldn't be good for you health wise).

I wouldn't mind that or a Churro machine either.

Maybe you could retro-fit a serving window in your living room and find an out-of-use Tiki Bird in Ebay somewhere and open your own Dole Whip Enterprise? I am game. :mickey:

BklynChick
05-11-2007, 10:52 PM
Hi, my name is BklynChick...and I've never had a Dole Whip.

:blush:

I really need to make this one of my goals for the Oct trip.

Patricia
05-12-2007, 12:48 PM
Wow me and my boyfriend LOVE Dole Whips! They are so wonderful i wish i could make them at home to eat on a hot day.

You can make them..

Pinapple Dole Whip (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/recipes/dolewhip.asp)

Marla
05-12-2007, 07:59 PM
Thanks Patricia! I just love Disney recipes. My Mother thanks you, my Husband & kids thank you, and so do my hips!:papple: :funny: :papple: :laughing: :scale: :crazy: :silly: :funny:

*tinker_belle*
05-14-2007, 02:03 PM
Thanks for the recipe! I'll have to put it to the test!