PDA

View Full Version : Jiko or Yachtsman?

LibertyTreeGal
04-28-2007, 10:05 AM
Well, we decided to do Hoop Dee Doo, which leaves us with two extra dining credits so I am wondering what I should do with them.

Should I:

1. Cancel Bomas and do Jiko's instead, (don't want to travel to AKL twice)?
2. Keep Bomas and do Yachtsman over at YC (since we are staying at BC)

I have not been to Jiko or YS -- I would love to hear reccomendations. Thanks!

DVC2004
04-28-2007, 10:10 AM
I would do Boma and Jiko. Yachtsman is a steakhouse. You can get steak at Jiko, too.
Jiko is a phenomenal place. Great subtly spiced food. Flavors you are not used to- not overpowering or "hot" though. I love the Filet mignon with red wine sauce at Jiko.

Boma I have never tried but everyone raves. The two restaurants don't serve the same food, so don't worry about having too much Animal Kingdom in your dining plans.

jacknsally02
04-28-2007, 10:21 AM
I'm biased, since I always stay at BC, buit Yachtsman can't be beat.

SunnyLee
04-28-2007, 10:40 AM
I have eaten at Jiko three times...(I knew the chef!!!) and LOVED eveytime..it was such a great experience; great setting, AWESOME food, wonderful service and I love the AKL, so after dinner you can go outside on the patio to see the animals!!! Def Jiko!!!:mickey:

Pirate Sadie
04-28-2007, 11:00 AM
If I had to choose I would choose Jiko. We have eaten at both. Yachtsman was excellent, but no comparison to Jiko in any category. We are going in December 07 and my only request is that we eat at Jiko. We actually thought of eating at the steakhouse since we're staying at the Beach Club, but wanted to try some other places. You will not be disappointed, it's well worth the trip to the AKL.

rblais1968
04-28-2007, 11:34 AM
I would recommend Jiko!!

Tinkerbellfan
04-28-2007, 04:32 PM
Hello,

We have dined at both restaurants and there is no comparison in our opinion - Jikos is one of the best and most unique restaurants in all of WDW. We are going in December 2007 and it is already on our list of restaurants we are 100% sure we want to visit again!. It is truly wonderful.

We also love Bomas.

LibertyTreeGal
04-29-2007, 08:41 AM
Thanks for the input, I really appreciate it!

Bruegge
04-30-2007, 03:50 PM
My Brother in law and nephew went to Yachtsman a month ago and both said it was the best steak they have ever had..

they have done a few nice places too. Mortons, Ruth chris, Bern's in Tampa (probably the best of the bunch)

But Jiko sounds so ... adventuresome for lack of a better word...(did you read that menu??)

I think I'd try it, if you're in the mood (you're on vacation for pete's sake) for something really different... if not a little scary...lol

Scott

kris10399
05-09-2007, 01:55 PM
Hmmm...maybe it is just me and what I had at Jiko but I wasn't really that impressed. Yes it is unique and the wines are great but maybe I wasn't up for that the night we went. Of course it did take us over 45 minutes to get from WL to AKL.
Haven't been to the other one but would like to sometime.
Too bad V&A doesn't do the credits. That is always a great experience.

Sharon1026
05-09-2007, 04:31 PM
Jiko's!!!!!!

It's great!

AllDisney
05-09-2007, 05:41 PM
I'd pick Jiko. The food choices are unique and fantastic. We ate there for the first time 12/06 and we are putting it on our list of return restaurants. The services was impeccable. The atmosphere relaxed, yet elegant and the food was truly unbelievable.

Whatever you pick I am sure you won' t be disappointed.

OogieBoogieMan
05-09-2007, 07:24 PM
Jiko for sure. We like Yachtsman but Jiko is a much more unique experience. My wife wanted to go for some time and I resisted with alternatives like YS. I finally caved and now we are both hooked on Jiko. YS is great, but rough equivalents can be found in any major steakhouse. I don't think that is the case with Jiko.