PDA

View Full Version : Biergarten or Kona Cafe' ? Any opinions? I was

5fromabove
04-28-2007, 09:02 AM
reading the Birnbaum's guide that a very good friend loaned me...and it raves about Biergarten for families. Looking at our itinerary...the night I could switch things around would be one that we were going to be at Epcot for the day & had planned on jumping on the monorail to eat at Kona. Now I'm wondering if we should wander over to Germany instead? It looks like the "show" they put on might be fun for the kids? BTW, party consists of my mother, my brother, DH & I, kids 15, 11, 7, 5 & 3. My mother is anti-sausage, but I think I read that they have chicken. Oy, so many things to consider. Thanks so much for any help. :)

mmouse566
04-28-2007, 09:57 AM
We've eaten at both several times. I personally would stay in Epcot and do the biergarten. You can relax, sit down for a while and listen to the music. About every 45 minutes or so the polka band comes out. It is usually the same show with some variance. They always encourage dancing and whether you know how to polka or not it is a fun time on the dance floor. If there are a lot of kids in the audience you'll see them on the dance floor flittering about. Older couples who actually know how to polka usually go out. Often they will do the chicken dance. The food is okay but there is enough variety you won't leave hungry. Kona is much more upscale, expensive, better food (IMHO), and more adult in feel.

jacknsally02
04-28-2007, 10:25 AM
I really like both, but kids can be picky and bored sometimes, germany is a buffet so they can choose what they like and there is a show going on which adds to the fun. Kona did have great food though and poly has plenty of atmosphere so you can't go wrong either way