PDA

View Full Version : First timer MNSSHP Dinning Help....

QTPie68
04-28-2007, 03:45 AM
So this year we are thinking of going to MNSSHP since it is being held earlier this year :thumbsup: .

I know that they usually have a LTT dinner meal for MNSSHP. For those who have specifically gone to this, can you tell me about it please?

Thanks in advance :mickey: .

jacknsally02
04-28-2007, 08:42 AM
Sorry but I don't know what LTT is, but I can tell you we went to the party and we decided to stop at kona cafe in the poly on the way to the park and we loved it, so don't overlook stopping at a MK area hotel, restaurants in the MK itself are sooo crowded and chaotic.

stitchcousin
04-28-2007, 08:50 AM
We did LTT with the MNSSHP and loved it!! The food was delicious (turkey and stuffing, etc.) and the kids loved the interaction with the characters. The characters were all in "costume" too (ie: they were all wearing masks so you couldn't recognize them!! it was so cute!!!). We had a blast and we would definitely do it again!!!:thumbsup:

Strmchsr
04-28-2007, 08:50 AM
LTT = Liberty Tree Tavern

There's no real difference in the dining for the special parties other than they are dressed in costume. The nice thing about them is they give you something to do between the park "closing" and the start of the party. You can get your wristband, enjoy your meal, and not worry about finding something to do while the park is transformed. Some folks go back to their resorts, but we prefer the convenience of staying in the park.

Disneyfirsttimer
04-28-2007, 04:37 PM
I have an ADR for 4:00pm for LTT on 10/16 when we plan to attend the MNSSHP. I wanted to make the most out of the event. Do you think this time is too early? Should I have made it closer to 5:00pm? I know you can start entering with your party tickets at 4:00pm. I figured we would be finished with dinner by 5:30pm and be able to get a jump on the attractions before the crowds arrive. I received advice not to do a TS dinner at all.

Suggestions?

Karyn

QTPie68
04-28-2007, 06:56 PM
FYI - For those who are interested in going to LTT on MNSSHP nights, BOOK NOW!! It is filling up.

I had booked (in anticipation like a good Intercotee :mickey: ) an ADR on 9/14 at 4:30 weeks ago when the dates for MNSSHP began to fly around, but where not confirmed. Soo..after reading advice here, I called up just to confirm and perhaps see if I could get a little later time..ALL BOOKED....and :eek: my ADR was for the 13th.....yep, dining had me down for TWO dinners on the 13th, O'hana's and LTT...I mean I can eat, but two :medic: :funny: .

Sooo.....I got to a supervisor, who fixed the whole problem (and was very nice) and apoligized for the error. But, word to the wise, Book early....and confirm :whew:

QTPie68
04-28-2007, 06:59 PM
I have an ADR for 4:00pm for LTT on 10/16 when we plan to attend the MNSSHP. I wanted to make the most out of the event. Do you think this time is too early? Should I have made it closer to 5:00pm? I know you can start entering with your party tickets at 4:00pm. I figured we would be finished with dinner by 5:30pm and be able to get a jump on the attractions before the crowds arrive. I received advice not to do a TS dinner at all.

Suggestions?

Karyn

I did early, figuring that an early dinner I could then have the whole evening to enjoy the party.:party: I thought a later seating might take longer.

Also, we plan to rest that day and only do the party, so an early dinner works for us. We might even head into the park around 3:00 and hit a ride or two before dinner:mickey: .

chrisandmattsmom
04-28-2007, 09:18 PM
We went to MNSSHP on October 24, 2006 and we ate at LTT at 4:30 that night. It worked out great for us! We had a nice relaxing dinner with the characters and then we went on some rides and waited for the Halloween fun to begin! I think it's better to get dinner out of the way early and then enjoy the festivities the rest of the evening. We have two boys ages 7 and 5 and right after the fireworks they were exhausted and ready to head back to the WL.

Rayadragon
04-29-2007, 11:43 AM
We also went to LTT before MNSSHP last year. Our reservations were for around 4:45, and they let us into the parks at around 4:20 without any trouble. Although the atmosphere was fun, I can't really vouch for the food. Most people seem to like it so I guess we were there on an off night. The meat was all dry, the mashed potatoes and gravy so-so, and even my mac-and-cheese obsessed brother wouldn't eat the stuff they gave us there. Other than that, it was fun to see the servers, characters, and other diners dressed up. I can't really recommend it, but I know I'm in the minority.

Natazu
04-29-2007, 02:37 PM
LTT dinner is a character meal with Goofy, Minnie, Pluto and the chipmunks. The food is served family style and consists of salad, rolls, roasted turkey breast, carved beef, and smoked pork loin, with mashed potatoes, seasonal vegetables, herb bread stuffing, and macaroni and cheese. The cost is $27.99 for adults and $12.99 for kids.
The character interaction is good and during the pre-MNSSHP meals, they have Halloween masks on. It's pretty cute.

KellAnneL
04-29-2007, 03:23 PM
We, too, are going to the LTT on 9-14 and the MNSSHP as well. Our ADR's are for 5:15. I asked to be moved to an earlier time, and there wasn't anything at all that day at the LTT. When I asked about it, she said that everything for LTT was booked at least 180 out. (I booked initial ADR's at our 180+ day back in March.) And, officially, the times for MNSSHP weren't released yet, so a lot of rumor watchers out there!!!

disneydaisy
05-03-2007, 10:31 PM
When we went to the MNSSHP in Oct. 2004, I made ADR's for 6:00 p.m. My whole family, ages 4 to 68 loved everything about it. After dinner we walked out of the restaurant and only had a short wait before the parade started. We stood right in front and had a great view of the parade, and my DD had a lot of character interaction. We all loved it so much, I made reservations again this year for the MNSSHP on Oct. 16, 5:40 p.m. Although, I have to say that when I made my reservations 180+ days out, there were times that weren't available already.