PDA

View Full Version : Best Resort Around the Christmas Holiday

Tinkerbellfan
04-27-2007, 09:10 PM
Hi Everyone,

We (think) finally picked the dates of our December 2007 trip - 12/8-12/14. And, I think we have decided on The Wilderness Lodge. I have always heard it is one of the best resorts around the Christmas holiday. But, when I was reading the Christmas holiday descriptions of WDW, The Wilderness Lodge's description seems bare minimal. Have we picked the right resort to get us in the Christmas mood?

Thank!

wickedwitch
04-27-2007, 09:28 PM
Christmas is a great time to go! You'll love it. The grand floridian is beautiful at christmastime very traditional and it has the gingerbread house inside too! I also like the poly at christmas ..so there's my $00.02 ....have a great trip!

wdw_bound
04-27-2007, 09:56 PM
We're going Dec. 9-14 and staying at WL. We haven't stayed there at this time of year before, but when we were at WDW for Thanksgiving 05, we went to the WL by chance - we'd been at Mickey's Backyard BBQ at FW and the lady in the gift shop there said we had to go see WL decked out for the holidays. We shrugged and said, "sure, why not, a boat ride across the lake sounds like fun." That is how our love affair with WL began. It was gorgeous, and I knew I had found my Disney "home." We stayed there last year and loved it as much, if not more, than we thought we would. We are SOOOOOOO excited to be able to go back this year during the holiday season - can't wait to sit in the rocking chairs in front of the fireplace and soak in the decor and the spirit of the season.

Maybe we'll bump into you while we're there :mickey:

Mickspal
04-27-2007, 10:09 PM
WL is our favorite of all the resorts for Christmas decorations. A 6-story tall tree dominates the lobby. I agree that Grand Floridian is also great. They even have people dressed up Dickens style roasting chestnuts. However, our favorite is WL. I would recommend taking some tome to go around and visit each of the deluxe resorts.

Tinkerbellfan
04-27-2007, 10:09 PM
WDW-Bound -

I had to laugh when I read your signature as we are taking my mom and finacee with us too. I can't wait to see the large Christmas tree and drink hot chocolate by the fire place. And, take a dip in the hot tub!

Tinkerbellfan
04-27-2007, 10:12 PM
We are strategically planning all of our breakfasts, lunches and dinners so we will visit each deluxe resort during our trip! We went once duing Christmas when I was a child and I still remember the Christmas tree at the GF. I can't wait to see everything - I have a feeling I will have extra Christmas spirit this year. And, that everyone will be getting something Disney from me this year!

Figment!
04-28-2007, 12:30 AM
From INTERCOT Insider December 2006 - Holiday Edition (http://www.intercot.com/interactive/insider/archive/2006/12-01.asp)
<< INTERCOTee Top 5: Christmas Resorts >>

The Theme Parks aren’t the only places at the Walt Disney World resort that get into the Christmas Spirit, so do the Resort Hotels. All of the Walt Disney World Resort Hotels get decked-out for the Holidays, some more than others. The Insider has reviewed recent discussions and has put together the INTERCOTee Top 5 Most Christmas Decorated Resorts.

Coming in at number 5 … Disney's BoardWalk Inn

Ostentatiously ornate garlands and tastes of Americana Christmas are draped across Disney’s Boardwalk Inn. Sculptures of Boardwalk icons and the first couple of Disney stand tall in the Boardwalk’s decked-out lobby. These marvelous sculptures are made entirely from chocolate, sugar and gingerbread.

Coming in at number 4 … Disney’s Wilderness Lodge Resort

It’s a Country Christmas for Guests of the Wilderness Lodge. The lodge lobby is decked out with wreaths, garlands, and a sequoia sized Christmas Tree. Everywhere you look around this red wood resort you’ll find rustic charms of Christmas.

Coming in at number 3 … Disney’s Yacht Club Resort

The Ships come sailing in on Christmas Day with a stay at Disney’s Yacht Club resort. Among the Nautical undertone wreaths and garlands, the lobby showcases sugary mountain and village. This mammoth sugar mountain is intricately detailed and completely made of confectionary construction.

Coming in at number 2 … Disney’s Beach Club Resort

Celebrating the Season Seaside, Disney’s Beach Club resort immerse Guests in all the Wonders of a Christmas confectionaries. Amidst glittering Christmas Trees, the Beach Club lobby showcases a A life-size, completely edible carousel -- made with gingerbread, chocolate and sugar paste.

And coming in at number 1 … Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort

Christmas is a Grand Ole Time when staying at Disney’s Grand Floridian resort. Guests encounter a Victorian Christmas in every nook and cranny of this resort from the grand decoration in the lobby, to the Seasonal sculptures subtlety placed about the sprawling grounds. The focal point of these dazzling decorations is the life-size gingerbread house in the resort’s lobby.

That’s it for the countdown, to set your sights on many of these dazzling decorations check out Piglett822's Disney Resorts at Christmas Photos (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=91316).

FalconeNJ
04-28-2007, 09:27 AM
We keep going back at Christmas time and its always to the Wilderness Lodge ive seen the decorations at all the deluxe resorts and I still like the Lodges the best even though the other resorts are very nice looking also.:number1:

DVC2004
04-28-2007, 09:52 AM
The Grand Floridian is also great, but you can go visit it to view the decor. I think you made a great choice with WL. There is Christmas stuff all over the place throughout the resorts and parks. You won't be disappointed!

GrmGrninGost
04-28-2007, 10:29 PM
We stayed at WL last Christmas season, and were awed by the beauty of this lodge and its decorations. It is decorated in a very simple style that really befits the grandeur of this wonderful resort. Book early! We actually had to move to another resort our last two nights as there were no vacancies at WL. As a matter of fact, every resort was booked solid except for a couple of rooms at Pop Century.