PDA

View Full Version : Honeymooning

jenperich
04-27-2007, 08:24 PM
I am anticipating an engagement from my boyfriend in the near future...which is VERY exciting...obviously. :blush: However, the bad part is that he just cannot understand why I want to go to Disney for the honeymoon. He wants to go somewhere that we've both never been before(Italy), and I can't think of any place more romantic and better than Disney for our honeymoon. Does anyone have any ideas of how I can get him to change his mind? Anything would be great!! Thanks. :-) :secret:

Pirate Granny
04-27-2007, 09:07 PM
Have you considered Paris...you can have the best of both worlds...it's only a 45 minute train ride from Paris to Disneyland Paris...we've been two times...the first we took the Disney bus right from the airport to the park...stayed in the Sequoia Lodge (similiar to the Wilderness Lodge)our room overlooked the lake. we stayed three nights (great way to ease out of jetlag) and then took the train to Paris for ten days. The second time was at the end of the trip, where we turned in our rental car (after touring the castle countryside for ten days) and stayed at the Newport Beach hotel in a beautiful room overlooking the park (we were on the top floor, corner room, king-size bed--perfect for a honeymoon)...we could see the lights of the park as we drifted off to sleep...then we took the disney bus back to the airport...We found that the prices were more reasonable than here in the states...but not sure what they are now...we went in May 2001 and May 2003. Might be a solution for both of you...

Congrats :pirate:

BigRedDad
04-27-2007, 09:42 PM
My DW and I had a blast on our honeymoon at WDW. However, I wouldn't go somewhere on a Honeymoon unless you both want to be there. It's supposed to be the most wonderful time together.

Tough call. I recommend the two of you put separate lists together and rank them. The first one that matches top-down may be the best choice.

mecarroll
04-27-2007, 10:55 PM
I agree with the previous poster. Go somewhere you both want to go. Disney will always be there and you go another time...say for your 1 year anni or just as a vacation together. My DW and I were lucky in that we BOTH wanted to go to WDW for our honeymoon last December.

With that said, if you are looking for romatic ideas, I would suggest telling him about Wishes, Cali Grille (or some other romantic place to eat), long walks around your resort at night, or all the great spas at the resorts.

allie_to_you
04-28-2007, 01:42 PM
I totally agree...you definitely don't want either of you going somewhere on your honeymoon, wishing you were somewhere else. I'm so thankful that my DH wanted to go to Disney with me as much as me for our honeymoon.

If you can't decide on either place you each want to go, then come up with something different together, but make sure you agree about it completely. It will be a very romantic and special time for you both. No matter where you go, I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time. Congrats!