PDA

View Full Version : Cost to Ship Items Bouth at Parks/Resorts?

DVC2004
04-27-2007, 06:14 PM
Sorry I have no idea what I typed up there... Bouth??? What I meant to type is:

Can anyone tell me how much it would cost to ship something from the park to your home? Say a small to medium plush toy? Thanks. :mickey:

KylesMom
05-03-2007, 05:19 PM
They have raised the shipping fees a whole bunch in recent months. For orders up to $50, the shipping fee is $8.95 for ground shipment (they are saying 14-21 day arrival), or $34 for 3-5 day air shipment. It is my understanding that shipments from $51 up to $1,000 have REALLY taken a price increase hit, where it will cost up to $150. It used to be worth it to ship all of your souvenirs home for a $30 or $40 charge and you wouldn't have to pay sales tax. Now I'm not sure it's going to be.

crazeedizneefinatic
05-03-2007, 06:05 PM
Oh my goodness! I am glad you have the inside scoop. Last September we purchased 2 large and heavy Haunted Mansion tombstones and it only cost $15 to ship back to Pittsburgh. It came by UPS. I cannot believe the price jump! I hope we don't find anything this trip we need to ship back home, lol.

DizneyRox
05-04-2007, 07:07 AM
Yes, shipping fees have drastically increased. I forget now what it costs, but I remember thinking at the time that we should just not even bother.

When you ship home, you don't pay the Florida sales tax on the items (but you DO need to claim it on your state income tax). WIth the current shipping prices it's cheaper to just pay for it and carry it home.

One tip, USPS has flat rate shipping boxes, currently $8.95. You can ship whatever you want in those boxes anywhere in the lower 48 for that flat rate. Weight doesn't matter, you can fill it with lead or feathers. Stop at your local post office and pick up the boxes, and the stamps to send them. Make a few shipping labels before you leave and you're golden.

I bring a couple of those and ship stuff home that way. Front desk worries about getting it to the post office, and I save a ton on shipping. I have actually shipped a 12 pack of soda in one.

nicole48040
05-24-2007, 07:46 PM
I collect dw snowglobes and now you can't take them as your carry on so OF COURSE shipping is outragous...........land of the free(to bankrupt themselves) home of the brave(except when it comes to standing up and taking back our country from corporate America) Uck:ack:

TheRustyScupper
05-25-2007, 05:15 PM
1) From stores, the rates are outrageous.
2) These are not shipping rates, but Disney rates.
3) Disney takes a huge markup.
4) However, if you ship from the resort, there is no markup.
5) You are charged the ACTUAL rate from UPS or FEDEX.
. . . go to Gift Shop and get a used box
. . . pack your souvenirs
. . . go to Front Desk for sealing tape
. . . you select UPS or FEDEX on the shipping form
. . . the Front Desk will send and bill the room
. . . the bill will be for ONLY the shipping charge
. . . there is no markup or extra profit

iamgreat66
05-26-2007, 05:00 PM
We are going to disney for the first time in 2 weeks and we had plans on getting snowglobes shipped back, but now that i hear this it seems a bit complicated and expensive. Can someone tell me how it even works to get things shipped up from a store and any idea how much it would be for like 4 snowglobes. Thank you very much