PDA

View Full Version : Southewest Boarding

SteveL
04-27-2007, 03:04 PM
OK, just printed my boarding passes for tomorrow. Group "A".
How bad is the boarding? Is it a real cattle call?

thrillme
04-27-2007, 03:21 PM
It can be kind of a pain in the keester. You've got an "A" boarding pass. You'll be fine. Just get there early enough to get through everything.

Pretty much for the most part it's really NOT all that different from the assigned seating since they will call you and you just give your boarding pass to the stewardess checking in and move in just like anything else. The only difference is that you simply take a seat rather than worrying WHERE your seat is supposed to be. If you have other members in your party either board with them or save a seat for them. It's really not that big of a deal. I guess the people that really get frusterated with it are those that have a lot of carryons that they want to fit in the overhead bins.

The "complication" can come if you're traveling with someone and you can't board till the last in line. Your party can be seperated. Alas...usually the stewardesses are pretty good at rearranging people so that everybody gets to sit together. Sometimes people are stubborn and refuse to move although.:mad:

I've tried it both ways...I like having assigned seats (on other airlines) because I am made to feel "confident" about being able to sit next to my party but I hate when they change around the planes put you whereever and then you've got to try to get someone to shift around even though you planned things. Argh.

Checkers
04-27-2007, 03:40 PM
:mickey: Just returned on Tues. flying SW but we preboarded because of traveling with toddlers but, as suggested, pulling your boarding pass to get in the "A" line and then getting to the gate in plenty of time you should be ok. It is not my favorite way to travel, either (without an assigned seat), but sometimes you do what you gotta do! SW is really a great "service" airline and the flight attendants are super.:number1:

Stickey
04-27-2007, 03:44 PM
You are in good shape with an A.
The SW boarding options are A, B, and C, with A being the first to begin general boarding.

It never ceases to amaze and annoy me when people start lining up in the A line 45-60 minutes early. It is unneccessary for A.