PDA

View Full Version : Pop with Little Kids?

MouseManiac
04-27-2007, 03:02 PM
First post on this board... Hi everyone!

Looking for advice on where to stay in Pop with little kids. This will be our first "on property" stay with kids (9/22-10/2) and we want to get it right!
My concerns are the following:

1)Quiet, so the little monsters will sleep at night... and believe me, after a full day of "all-go" they WILL be monsters!:thedolls:

2)Close to parking, we will be renting a car... again refer to above mentioned monsters, with little legs and nothing left at the end of the day.

3)Close (enough) to the action, i.e. food, kiddie pool, etc.

I know, I know... I can't have it all! Which is why I'm looking for you guys to steer me right. Looking forward to hearing your advice... Thanks in advance!:mickey:

krose78
04-27-2007, 03:13 PM
All I can really say is we stayed in the eighties, it is close to a pool but not the kiddie pool and parking but not really to the main building and the food.

DVC2004
04-27-2007, 05:04 PM
There is sometimes quite a walk to parking. But maybe one of the adults could go get the car then pull up to the hotel so the little ones don't have to go to far.

For quiet, request a room that does not face the pool. The pool side can get loud and often there are people in the pool very late at night.

I can't recommend a good building over another. I think we stayed in the 80's but it wasn't the closest to the main building.

BrerGnat
04-27-2007, 05:18 PM
You are best off in the 70's section, facing the parking lot (for quiet), on an upper floor.

However, those may be "preferred" rooms.

The rooms closest to the parking lot are actually the 80's and 90's, although as stated, they can be quite a ways from the main building. BUT, if you will be using your car as main transport, that's not much of an issue.

The main pool is where the kiddie pool is, and you can't really be close to it without sacrificing the quiet.

I stayed in 70's Building "B" (look at the maps here on Intercot). It was a wonderful building location...very quiet, close to the main building, and adjacent to a parking lot (which I cut across to get to the bus stop).

I would request the 80's section, in the building closest to the parking lot.

Oh, and just to forewarn you, you will hardly find "quiet" at the Pop. Everything there is loud, from the decorations ;) to the din in the food court. However, kids are usually good at passing out cold after a long WDW day. Chances are, they'd sleep through a tornado. BUT, if you want to make sure they sleep, try not to flush the toilet after they are in bed. Talk about LOUD....:eek:

Wannagoback
04-27-2007, 06:10 PM
This December will be our first time staying at POP, so I can't answer your question.

BUT!!.... I can say this....:welcome:to INTERCOT!!!....:blush:

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
04-27-2007, 09:08 PM
Welcome to Intercot!! :party:

I agree with getting a room not facing the pool. The pools are all really loud at night.

Pop is a huge resort so there will be tons of walking. Driving may help you since you will not have to walk to and from the busses. We fly so I don't pay attention to the location of the parking lots. :blush:

The food court was constantly packed and extremely LOUD last September when we were there. My kids were actually overwhelmed and would ask to go back to the room or the tables at the pool to eat. Try to avoid the typical meal hours there if you can.

We were in the 90's section and were very pleased with the level of noise. Quite a walk to the main building but, we like the quiet more then being close to the food court, etc.

Have a great trip!!

tinkergirl
04-28-2007, 02:08 AM
we stayed it the 70's section last year facing the lake it was very quiet.

Strmchsr
04-28-2007, 09:15 AM
:welcome: to Intercot!

Quiet is, of course, in the eye of the beholder. What you may consider quiet I may consider obnoxiously loud. There's not a value resort at WDW that I consider "quiet" but neither are they obnoxiously loud. POP is the most popular of the value resorts and, as such, lots of families and lots of little kids are running around at all hours (why can't everyone run on my schedule? :D ) You just have to deal with it.

Click here (http://www.intercot.com/resorts/disney/maps/images/popcentury.jpg) to look at the resort property map to see which building you'd like to request. However, remember that a request is just that and no room assignments are guaranteed.

MouseManiac
04-28-2007, 10:17 AM
LOL!... You guys must think I'm nuts! I mean, I know beggars can't be choosers, and when I say "quiet" I'm not expecting like the movies with nothing but the sound of crickets chirping! I have been known, at times, to have some grip on reality!;)

I suppose, I just want to feel like I had some say in where I ended up in the resort, and that there was an educated reason behind it that took into account the wee-ones... Make any sense?

Call it my delusion of control...:doh:

Thanks again!:mickey:

Strmchsr
04-28-2007, 11:16 AM
No, I don't think you're nuts at all. I just wanted to present reality. Some folks have a very idealistic view of WDW and I don't want to have their bubble burst if they get to their resort and don't get the building they asked for or if it's not quiet all the time.

If you want a little control over the quiet ask for a room away from the pools. Those tend to be the noisiest areas. That said, last trip I was at All-Star Sports I was on the first floor with the pool 10 yards from my door and we didn't find it to be particularly bad even though I'm a very light sleeper. Your other option is to ask for a top floor room. Less traffic flow outside your door.

Pirate Granny
04-28-2007, 11:42 PM
I love the PoP and we've never had a problem with noise...but I plan to ask for a room facing the water next visit...perferably in Bldg C of the 50's looking towards EPCOT and MGM on the top floor...although that's not close to the parking lot or food court...my friend prefers Bldg A in the 50's as it's close to the bus, parking and main building...and is not a preferred location...

Have a great time :pirate:

Sharon1026
04-29-2007, 08:54 AM
We stayed in the 70's building a few times. We had no problems with noise. It's pretty close to food and the dining area. I don't think that there are any bad areas in pop to stay at. Have fun!!

:stitch2:

Tink#64
04-29-2007, 10:34 AM
We've stayed at Pop for our last 3 visits, and we love it! We thought about staying at a moderate last year, but we thought we might be disappointed staying somewhere else. We decided Pop has everything we need. We sleep there, eat at the food court, well actually we bring our food out & eat pool side, because we have to take a break everyday & enjoy the pools! The Hippy Dippy pool is our favorite & the kiddie pool is right next to it.

All 3 x we've stayed in the 60's section behind the Play Do can & faced Hour Glass Lake. It's very quiet & a nice view. It is a preferred section, so it is closer to everything than some of the other sections. But to me it's worth it. We don't drive, we use the Disney buses & we don't consider it much of a walk to get to bus stops, food court, etc.

My DS's 9 & 11 love the pools & the water jet area!To us the atmosphere at Pop is just fun - exactly what we go to WDW for!:thumbsup:

MouseManiac
04-30-2007, 08:18 PM
Is it worth it to upgrade to a preferred? I'm not opposed to paying the extra money. It just seemed like the preferred locals were where it would be noisy... pool side, etc... And I've been reading here and it seems like people with preferred rooms have gotten a free fridge. Any word on that?

Thanks again!