PDA

View Full Version : "New" Refillable Mugs [Merged Threads]

Stickey
04-27-2007, 10:35 AM
For anyone who has stayed at a WDW resort lately, did your resort have the new Year of a Million Dreams mugs? If so, were the resort specific mugs still available as well?

For anyone that bought the new YOAMD mug, were the terms of useage the same as the regular resort specific mugs?

E-OR
04-29-2007, 11:50 AM
We will be at ASmovies in September and would love to know what the mugs will be like. I know that this will be towards the end of the YOMD so anything could happen. Last time we stayed at Movies we only were there a couple nights and moved to AKL so did not buy their mugs. I have read that the resorts will all use the same mugs and that you can use your mug at any of the resorts. We have split our stay a few times so this would be a great thing for our family. We love all the different mugs we have so getting a YOMD would be a great additon to our collection.

DisneyDudet
04-29-2007, 02:27 PM
I'm pretty sure the only thing that have change about the refillable mug program are the designs. The rules are still in place, that you can only use the mug at the resort you purchased it from, for your length of stay at that resort.

Donalds Duckie
04-29-2007, 04:39 PM
Oh boy, new designs:mickey: I'll be at CBR in just 26 days and now anxious to see the new mug. I collect the mugs. I buy them every visit even if I stay at the same resort 4 months later. What I do then is buy a different color or style.:cool:

Kerry823
04-29-2007, 05:35 PM
We just got back last week from POP Century. The did not have POP resort mugs at all. The only mugs they had were YOAMD. The design actually looks like Christmas to me. Blue and it looks like they are standing on snow. It shows Mickey & Minnie, Chip & Dale on one side, the castle in the middle, and Goofy, Pluto, Daisy and Donald on the other. Blue caps. Silver, Blue or Black handles. The note on the cup says "Free Refills available at our resort beverage island until the end of stay in which the mug was purchased". My friend and co-worker was at Port Orleans Riverside and they only had resort mugs, no YOAMD mugs at all. Don't have any info about any other resorts.

Vanlandingham
04-29-2007, 05:56 PM
Those mugs are fantastic, and I'll be curious to see a new design.

Niecyboo
04-30-2007, 09:00 AM
Contemporary only had the resort mugs, and only in the larger, bulky size. I saw people with the YOMD mugs, and even asked a cast member at the food court about them, but they had no clue as to what they were

Stickey
04-30-2007, 11:10 AM
Thanks for the info.

I wonder if the YOMD mugs are being phased in gradually, as the supplies of existing resort specific mugs run out. So far, it is difficult to see a pattern. Updates from additional resorts will help piece this together.

Of course, a CM insider tip will be appreciated.
Maybe Figment has the scoop.

big blue and hairy
04-30-2007, 12:54 PM
Well, I hope this is a temporary thing. I like having mugs from the different resorts. I can see that maybe it would cut dwon on people using them from year to year. Although you could use them several times in one year, Disney may figure if you're coming back several times in one year, they're getting your money.

I don't want to start a re-use or don't re-use debate, i just like the individual mugs from each resort.

From a money standpoint, I don't see this saving Disney any money in buying mugs. The biggest expense is upfront for the design. That's already been paid for. At the end of a celebration, they could have a bunch of useless mugs, as opposed to just cranking out more resort mugs.

:sulley:

TammiMcMan
04-30-2007, 02:59 PM
I'd say it is a temporary thing. They introduced a different mug design years ago with the 25th celebration.

DisneyDudet
04-30-2007, 03:25 PM
What I find funny is that these started showing up WAY after the celebration started.

What were they waiting on.. haha

Magic Smiles
04-30-2007, 08:58 PM
Does anyone know if the POFQ has the new YOMD mugs? I would love to get some new ones. Already have my fill of the old design.

Spaceship Tigger
05-01-2007, 07:42 AM
I hope they still have the normal resort mugs. Since we're staying somewhere new for the first time, I'd really like to have a resort mug. I'd buy both a resort mug and a YOAMD mug if possible.

garymacd
05-01-2007, 09:48 AM
Does anyone know if the POFQ has the new YOMD mugs? I would love to get some new ones. Already have my fill of the old design.

Yeah, I liked the old PO design before they amalgamated PO and RS. I don't really like the new design.

Not that it matters, I don't drink coffee. But I do eat beignets! :cloud9:

poeticeclipse
05-01-2007, 11:56 AM
Aw shucks! Does that mean I can't reuse my Pop Century cup from previous years?:secret: Hehehehe. I bet no one ever does that. lol.

big blue and hairy
05-02-2007, 07:34 AM
Aw shucks! Does that mean I can't reuse my Pop Century cup from previous years?:secret: Hehehehe. I bet no one ever does that. lol.

:scared:

Trouble maker....

darthmacho
05-02-2007, 09:11 AM
They really ought to keep the resort mugs.

Lets face it, the memories are what count, not the free drinks.

You couldn't possibly drink enough of the watered down soda, tepid instant coffee, or weak iced tea to even pay for that mug. Not even in a week! :mcoffee:

luvkatiebug
05-02-2007, 10:24 AM
I agree! My only daily joy and Disney fix (besides these boards) is drinking my morning brew out of my Pop Century or ASMovies mug. I like to pretend I'm waiting for the bus to MGM instead of on the way to teach high school!:jaw:

poeticeclipse
05-02-2007, 11:16 AM
I agree! My only daily joy and Disney fix (besides these boards) is drinking my morning brew out of my Pop Century or ASMovies mug. I like to pretend I'm waiting for the bus to MGM instead of on the way to teach high school!:jaw:

Now that you mention it, I am pretty proud of all of mine as well. I love taking them places because they always end up being a conversation piece. You never know who is looking at your cup thinking "I stayed there too!!!"

tiggmom
05-02-2007, 12:19 PM
:mickey: we use our mugs all the time as well!
Does anyone know if the color has changed this year for the POR mug? We are going back in 53 more days and can't wait. I would like to get different mugs if possible.

JPL
05-02-2007, 12:51 PM
I am actually happy they are doing this hopefully they will change them frequently enough and start enforcing the policy better

Mickey91
05-04-2007, 12:33 AM
I like the resort mugs.

MickeyDreamer
05-04-2007, 08:40 PM
I think there is more confusion on these mugs than anything else at WDW. When we where there a couple of weeks ago the cast memeber at the cash register was telling the family checking out ahead of us that they should buy the mugs because they could use them over and over again when ever they stayed at the POP now that is a liberal use policy if I ever heard one. This just goes to show that the cast members do not even know what the official
Disney line is on the mugs.

mickeys_princess_mom
05-05-2007, 10:29 PM
I like to pretend I'm waiting for the bus to MGM instead of on the way to teach high school!:jaw:
:high5:

Here we go again...
05-06-2007, 11:04 AM
Now that you mention it, I am pretty proud of all of mine as well. I love taking them places because they always end up being a conversation piece. You never know who is looking at your cup thinking "I stayed there too!!!"

I was drinking out of mine yesterday when my grandson came over. Keep in mind he has never been to Disney World - we are taking him next year.
He looked at my mug and said "Are we going to Micka Mouse's Club House?? I want to sleep in the Castle!"

SgtTigger
05-06-2007, 11:09 AM
I was drinking out of mine yesterday when my grandson came over. Keep in mind he has never been to Disney World - we are taking him next year.
He looked at my mug and said "Are we going to Micka Mouse's Club House?? I want to sleep in the Castle!"

Sounds like you got another reason to plan another trip......................

You could tell him you know this real nice guy that loves disney too..... and he could meet you down there at Disney.......

Sounds Like a plan huh?????

:cop: :tigger:

luv_cinderella
05-06-2007, 04:33 PM

We have friends who just returned from POFQ last week. The only mugs out when they were there were the new YOMD type.

Here's to hoping you get the new style! :thumbsup:

Cinderelley
05-06-2007, 07:48 PM
You couldn't possibly drink enough of the watered down soda, tepid instant coffee, or weak iced tea to even pay for that mug. Not even in a week! :mcoffee:

You obviously haven't been with 3 teenage boys! Hee-hee-hee

Magic Smiles
05-08-2007, 10:41 PM
We have friends who just returned from POFQ last week. The only mugs out when they were there were the new YOMD type.

Here's to hoping you get the new style! :thumbsup:

YES!! Can't wait..........not that waiting for this trip has been easy at all.

snifflesmcg
05-09-2007, 12:09 AM
I have mugs from September '06 from All Star Music. Does anyone know where I can see pictures of the new mugs from there or any other resort for that matter?

iluvdizney2
05-09-2007, 07:43 AM
Not sure if this is where this needs to go but I am sure someone can move it for me if not..

I am currently at Disney staying at POP...YAHH!:cloud9:
any way,
we went and got our YOMD Mugs when we checked in. The cashier told us at that time "These mugs are useable at ALL disney resorts for free, but not at any of the theme parks". I questioned him on the rules and He repeated them and then showed me it in a note he had in a pamphlet with other cast info.
He said that was why they have a "themed" cup instead of a resort cup. He did go on to say if you own a resort cup you still cannot use that. You do need to purchase the new cup in order to have this priviledge.
I just wanted to share!!!!:thumbsup:

Ok, back off to a park!:mickey:

MMouse6937
05-09-2007, 03:03 PM
Donna, cool...have you seen the mugs change from what they were before? I wonder if this is the change everyone is talking about. I wonder if the mugs will be good at the resorts but not the parks. Make sure to give us details on the whole trip when you get back!!! :mickey:

Mickey91
05-10-2007, 10:13 AM
What a bummer. We enjoy collecting the different resort mugs.:(

showmethemouse
05-10-2007, 11:06 AM
Me two! :ditto: :wave: I am going to Disney in Aug and looking forward to get new resort mugs. My last trip was in 2004 with my best friend and are kids .But over the years me son lost my pop century mugs. But it sound like I'm not going to be able to replace it with a new pop century one. I think Disney could sell the the resort mug and the new mug. The new mug is cutie but its not a pop century one they were cool one's I would buy both of them just to have them both. Just an idea for Disney to think about.:mickey: :coffee: :pixie: :mickey2:

Trixie1822
05-10-2007, 11:13 AM
it is a great deal for people like us, who switch our 2 ou 3 weeks trip between 2 resorts ! We don't need to purchase 2 or 3 mugs in the same trip :thumbsup:

bdm@pga
05-10-2007, 11:14 AM
So I want to get this straight....I have a ASmusic mug...I can no longer use it at the resort? Do I need to buy a YOMD mug? and is there a mug that you can get refilled in the parks?

Seasonscraps
05-10-2007, 12:42 PM
So I want to get this straight....I have a ASmusic mug...I can no longer use it at the resort? Do I need to buy a YOMD mug? and is there a mug that you can get refilled in the parks?

That would make one of my dreams come true-- a refillable mug for the parks! :blush:

Thanks for the info!!

Belle--86
05-10-2007, 01:52 PM
I hope we can get the new mugs when we're down in July because we're splitting resorts--that would save us a little money.:mickey:

mermaidmarian
05-10-2007, 01:55 PM
Just returned and the ONLY refillable mugs for sale at POR were the YOMD mugs. They are not resort specific, but have 2007 on it. The signage indicates that they are still only good length of stay. Someone else reported that they were told they could be used at any resort - I don't know what the official word on this is, but it seems probable, given there is no differentiation between resorts on these mugs. FWIW, I only saw the slimmer auto cup holder size this visit, not the fat mug.

Also, someone else mentioned they thought the mugs looked rather Christmas/Wintery, and I completely agree. They are done in shades of blue and white and the characters do look like they are standing in snow. The color palate goes with the YOMD celebration colors and costumes. I have to say, I wasn't thrilled with the look of it - it is very winterish. I'll be glad to see Mickey and Friends in their traditional garb again. They looked like they were dressed in powder blue prom attire.

Mickey'sGirl
05-10-2007, 01:58 PM
Your ASMusic mug would need to be replaced anyhow. The mugs are only good for the length of your stay during that visit. So, yes. You will need to buy a YOMD mug. I am not sure about a park mug.

mook3y
05-10-2007, 02:24 PM
I hope we can get the new mugs when we're down in July because we're splitting resorts--that would save us a little money.:mickey:

:ditto:

We are actually staying 12 days at 3 resorts. I was really happy to see this! Can't see purchasing a mug for 2 nights.

Stickey
05-10-2007, 03:37 PM
The design matches the YOAMD colors.

So far, the YOAMD mugs are now available at some of the moderate and value resorts. There have been no reports yet from any of the deluxes.

MNNHFLTX
05-10-2007, 05:50 PM
To the original poster, iluvdizney2--what does it say on your mug as far as restrictions or use? I just want to make sure this isn't another case of cast member misinformation.

Donald Duck 224
05-10-2007, 06:27 PM
I always get the mugs. It is great for our family if we are hanging around the pool or getting an early start to the day during EMH

iluvdizney2
05-10-2007, 08:29 PM
When we got the mugs, we were told they can be used at any resort during your stay. The manager actually came by as the castmember was showing us the info about it (in print!) and asked if something was wrong and I asked him about the rules. One thing that makes total sense now and is a good thing for people who actually obey the rules. The reason for the date on the cup is now people cant come back next year using 2007 cups! So in fact it was a loss prevention issue. That was what we were told.
The cups are not as cute as the normal resort cups, but in fact it makes sense to have them for all the resorts, with a year date on it.
When we asked about mugs at the park, they said not yet, but there had been a lot of people asking for it...and they said if enough people ask, you never know.
Hope this info helps!:mickey:

big blue and hairy
05-11-2007, 07:24 AM
I don't know about a loss prevention issue. Unless Disney is really good about estimating how many mugs they need, or they have them made in small (for Disney) batches, they could end up with a lot of useless mugs on 1/1/08. I would think that could cost them more than people not buying mugs....

Mickey91
05-11-2007, 10:15 AM
I am sorry to see the resort mugs go. They were a fun part of the stay! We have several from different resorts and they each remind me of that specific vacation.

There are enough people who go numerous times in the same year that they won't be saving that much. Plus, we see so many non Disney mugs in use that I'm not sure the CMs really care.

Kerry823
05-11-2007, 10:27 AM
I had posted this earlier but to respond to the question, I am drinking out of my mug right now at work and the message on the mug reads:
"Free refills available at our Resort Beverage Islands until the end of the stay in which the mug was purchased".

My interpretation of this is that it is good for the entire time you are there during the trip you bought it and can be used at ANY Resort Beverage Islands.

Oh the memories...just a few weeks ago I was in sunny Florida:cool: , today, back in cloudy gray NY.:ack:

AvonleaCF
05-11-2007, 11:07 AM
If it just has the year on it, what's to stop people who visit several times in one year from bringing the same mug back? Or is the honor system like the old resort mugs?