PDA

View Full Version : CBR - Advice on Requests

LM0601
04-27-2007, 09:37 AM
Hi Everyone,

I am new to this board. It is awesome. Disney is our FAVORITE place to vacation. We stayed at the Polynesian the last two times we went. I got an awesome group rate for the Poly/Concierge that I could not pass up. Now my kids are spoiled! LOL! They only want to stay there. However, the normal rate is much more per night now than that special I had. We also wanted to try a new place so we decided on CBR. I am very excited.

I called to inquire about availability and was quoted a great room rate with our AAA card. My question is, if we stay at a standard view room (the AAA Preferred is sold out for our dates) how would I word my requests? I do not want to give them too many requests. Here is what I want:

Second Floor - Facing a court yard
Building that is not too far from the pool and food court with two small children.
I also do not want to be right outside of a pool as we do like some quite time too.

Any advice as to how I can word this would be great. I am going to make the reservations ASAP.

Also, any tips for the CBR would be great too. I am having trouble trying to convince my kids that the pool at the CBR is just as cool as the Volcano pool at the Polynesian. :cool:

DDuck66
04-27-2007, 01:12 PM
We have stayed at the CBR several times and love it. I would make sure that you give your requests when you make your reservations and then fax them in about a day or two before you get there. While no requests are guaranteed, they have always been helpful in the past. On the day of check in, get there as early as possible and see which of the requests are available and which are most important to you. We always like to stay at Jamaica on the first floor with queen beds. The queen beds and first floor are more important than the location so we have given up Jamaica for the other requests...
We always love the resort and they have a nice pool at the Food Court..also each "island" has its own pool which are usually less crowded.

What-r-ya, Goofy?
04-27-2007, 01:23 PM
I’ve read that you always want to list your requests in order of importance. In your case, I would decide which buildings you might want to stay in (you can view a map of CBR by clicking the Info-Central tab above), that will address your concern about being too far from the food court/main pool. Then I would simply ask for a courtyard view. What about smoking preference?

Your simple request might read…”Non-smoking, building 44 or 45, courtyard view.”

Keep it simple, have fun!:mickey:

maizey05
04-27-2007, 03:57 PM
We stayed in Trinidad South (farthest away from OPR etc.) It's not a preferred location, but we thought it was great. I don't think there are any "bad" locations at this resort. Oh, and we had a courtyard view. It was very quiet there.

TINKERBELL_82
04-27-2007, 04:09 PM
CBR is a great resort, and I'm sure as soon as your kiddies lay eyes on it they'll forget all about the volcano pool. :mickey:

Anyway, I would simply let the resort know ahead of time that you would like these requests. I thought someone on another thread said that you could fax them...:confused: I'm sure someone will come along with the right answer.

Good luck and enjoy your trip!:thumbsup:

LM0601
04-27-2007, 06:29 PM
Thanks so much for the advice. I am going to call soon and reserve a room and make my requests after I talk to my hubby to see what he prefers more.

As for the kiddies...they are still bummed about not staying at the Polynesian. My older son who is 10 says that the CBR does not look islandy enough..I was like what the heck are you talking about????? Wait until he finds out that there is no concierge lounge. Geech..we only did that once. Now I have spoiled him for life.