PDA

View Full Version : How Busy is July 4th

hanned
04-27-2007, 09:25 AM
How crazy are the various parks on that day? We are Canadians and just curious is anything special takes place in the parks. Which park do you recommend?

mudpuppysmom
04-27-2007, 10:10 AM
Well, if you like insanity -- MK is your place! I was there with extended family when I was pregnant with DS and I will NEVER do that day again in my life.....even if you paid me!

DisneyMomx2
04-27-2007, 10:47 AM
We were there last 4th of July and we opted for Epcot. It was busy but not unbearable. I think nighttime is when it gets worse. When we went to leave (pre-fireworks) we were told that we would not be able to get back in. It was ok with us though because we had seen Wishes a few days prior and we knew we could see fireworks other nights as well.

I did feel we may have missed out on the patriotic feel of the fireworks but, being Canadian, that might not bother you much. lol

DisneyCouple07
04-27-2007, 11:10 AM
I've been to WDW twice for the 4th of July—and although it is a great time, it is very, VERY, busy. Also, as stated in a previous post, if you leave after a certain time, it is very hard to near impossible to get back in (last time we were at MK and heard that they were already at capacity and turning people away). Anyways, its WDW, so it's fun. :mickey:

Vanlandingham
04-27-2007, 12:13 PM
It's busy enough that my family said never again after the last time we were there on the 4th of July.

Mnchknbrat1982
04-27-2007, 04:30 PM
very busy! I was in Magic Kingdom on 4th of July in 2002. Never again! It was so crowded that you couldn't do a whole lot! But MK has a special fireworks show that night that is really awesome!

AuntLaura
04-27-2007, 06:04 PM
We were there last year and went with the expectation of huge crowds. We watched Wishes at MK on July 3 (dinner at California Grill) and opted for Illuminations at Epcot on the 4th. We stayed at Fort WIlderness and watched the 4th of July parade there at the campground first in the morning. We went to MK for lunch and then later in the day went to Epcot. We had dinner reservations at LeCellier and timed dinner so we wouldn't have to wait a long time for the fireworks. Illuminations was great - with a special 4th of July finale. Just be prepared for huge crowds, especially at night, relax and have a good time.

PeterPan
04-27-2007, 06:29 PM
You are a very, very brave person. I would not go to wdw on July 4 if you PAID me (did someone already say this? Well, amen!) The heat - unbearable. The crowds - well, let's call them sweating masses. Avoid, Avoid at all costs.

Of course, if this is the ONLY time you can come, just be the FIRST ONES THRU THE GATE in the morning, ride ride ride as much as you can before the crowds hit, and then go back to your resort about 1 - 2 in the afternoon. Rest. Swim. Don't expect to do much in the evening, either - make some dinner reservations way ahead of time, relax at dinner, hide somewhere to watch the fireworks.

AliceinDisney
04-27-2007, 10:11 PM
I heard after Christmas, Fourth of July is the busiest time of year. and sometimes Magic Kingdom can become over capacitated, and then they dont allow anyone else into the parks especially if they;re not a resort guest.

DizneyRox
04-28-2007, 06:41 AM
I would expect MK, and Epcot to hit capacity. MGM and AK are a maybe, but very possible.

Your best bet is to get to the park you want to spend the ENTIRE DAY in early and DO NOT leave until you are done for the day.

As other have said, MK is just insane. It doesn't hold crowds well. Epcot is probably the most manageable, but even at capacity it's crazy. MGM is horrible for crowd management. AK doesn't really do much at night, so it's a bad choice if you want fireworks. It's your best choice if you get a late start to the day, but be forwarned, it's about 10 degrees hotter inside AK than the other parks. It's probably the most miserable park of the lot on a hot sweltering Florida summer day.

Maleficent's Dad
04-28-2007, 07:09 AM
Obviously the consensus is that the parks are overly crowded and uncomfortable.

My family's last Fourth of July was the first one after September 11 occurred - July of 2002. We did not find it insanely crowded (we were at the MK) but it was very busy. As you walked in, CM's handed each guest an American Flag pin. :flag:

We're used to crowded times, and that particular Fourth wasn't overly bad. Sure it was hot, but we expected that.

I would never discourage anyone from a trip to WDW, but I would tell them to be prepared. Expect heat. Expect crowds. Expect a lot in the way of patriotism! But also expect Magic - you are, after all, in WDW! :mickey:

Please do keep in mind, Disney, like most of the other entertainment & tourist industries, was still recovering from the aftereffects of 9/11. :crying: This may have been a contributing factor in why the parks were not as crowded as some others may have experienced.