PDA

View Full Version : AKL Sharing Transportation?

wdwjenn
04-27-2007, 08:46 AM
My family and I will be staying at AKL in October. One of the reasons I picked the resort is because I thought it had it's own bus service. I just read on another post that they share busses with the all-stars. Is this true? :confused: The resort is a bit out of the way so having the direct bus service really made the busses so efficient during our last stay in 2003 :mickey: .
Please share your experiences with the busing at AKL :beaker: .

Indiasmum
04-27-2007, 08:58 AM
Hi

I was there last October and we didn't have a share a bus with any other resort. You will have an amazing time the hotel is awesome!!:thumbsup:

Goofeygal
04-27-2007, 09:17 AM
We stayed at AKL in Dec. and never shared a bus with any other resort. You will love AKL.

BigRedDad
04-27-2007, 09:25 AM
When I was there in 2001 on our Honeymoon, we were at AKL. On many occasions ,the bus stopped at an All-Star because it was vacant. This also happened coming back from the parks late at night. I believe this has changed since we were there. When we were there, this was the biggest hassle. 15-20 minute trips were taking 30-45 minutes.

Trixie1822
04-27-2007, 10:23 AM
We were in AKL in 2005 for wedding anniversary and NEVER share a bus ! May be it shered bus in the past ...

Enjoy your stay... AKL is an amazing resort :thumbsup:

Goes4FastPass
04-27-2007, 10:57 AM
Is it possible you heard about a bus going somewhere other than a theme park?

Considering the geography and routes and depending on the time of year I wouldn't be surprised if a DTD or Typhoon Lagoon bus going to or from ALK stopped at PopC.

Also, I think people look at a map and get too worried about AKL being "out of the way" The GF is out of the way if you're going to DTD or the BW area or the AK... which is very near the AKL:blush: .

RedSoxFan
04-27-2007, 12:47 PM
When we stayed at AKL, the busses did not share with other resorts. In fact, we hardly waited for any bus. I thought the service was great. The resort is wonderful. Have a great trip.

Goofy Dad 13
04-27-2007, 02:18 PM
AKL does not share busses. One afternoon we did stop at Blizzard Beach on the way back from the studios, but did not stop at any other resorts.

What I think you may have heard about was the bus for Magical Express. We did stop at All Stars on the way to AKL from the airport.

AKL is the best, and agree with other posters, too much is made out of the distance and looking at a map. We are always happy we stayed there.

Momof2boys
04-27-2007, 02:42 PM
We are staying at AKL for the first time in October as well. My husband was a bit leary of the location, but when I explained that when we stayed at the Poly we stopped at Contemporary or Grand Floridian on our way to parks that the time factor is probably close to the same.

We're very excited !

JPL
04-28-2007, 04:45 PM
AKL definately does not share buses with any other resorts.

However when it comes to DME all the buses share resorts to make it cost effective.

Beckybalz
04-29-2007, 10:05 AM
We just stayed at the AKL a couple weeks ago and we didn't share a bus wih any other resort. Not sharing a bus is just one of the many great benefits of staying at this resort. It is an amazing hotel - you will love it there!

Tinkerfreak
04-30-2007, 02:09 PM
We just returned from AKL last night. We did not share a bus with any other resort. The only other stop we made was returning from DTD we stopped at Blizzard Beach but it did not take long. When we stayed at the BC in Dec. that was one thing we hated about it. We had to share with YC, Boardwalk and sometimes Swan & dolphin. By the time the bus got to our stop alot of times it was full and we had to stand up. It was also a bummer stopping at all those placed every time we came back from the parks. No matter what resort you stay at you have to wait for the next bus, sometimes you are lucky and it comes right away and other times you just missed one and you wait 20 minutes for the next one. We did find the AKL bus system better than ever this time, we have stayed there 4 or 5 times and this time we hardly waited at all at the resort, the longest waites were waiting for a bus from a park back to the resort.

DisneyDudet
04-30-2007, 03:30 PM
If they had a large crowd and another driver called for help, maybe thats why, but we never stopped at any other resort, which is why we like it.

Its less people. The time to other parks is not really any different than the all stars, plus you don't have to stop anywhere to pick anyone up. We never once thought it was too far or it took forever to get anywhere.