PDA

View Full Version : shuttles vs town cars to port canaveral

TFrauts
04-27-2007, 01:42 AM
HI Everyone!
I was just wondering if anyone has ever had to deal with this scenario...what would the best thing for me to do.....

We will be flying into orlando and taking advantage of the magical express!We will be at disney for 1 week, at which time we need to make our way to port canaveral for a carnival cruise! Does anyone know what the cost of a town car would be for this trip, are there shuttles that accomodate this type of trip?? Any other suggestions about the best way to get there?? Or suggestions from anyone who has had to do this in the past?
Thanks, Tiffany

Fortgoofy97
04-27-2007, 12:25 PM
I would say to check with the cruiseline to see if they offer a service from the Orlando area. You can also check with the Intercot sponsor, Happy Limo to see if they offer service to Port Canaveral. I know there are other town car services that do offer it. We did the Disney cruise and used their bus service. It was ok but our departure from WDW and arrival at the ship was based on their schedule. When we do it again we will probably use a service just to get there a little earlier !!

nat
04-28-2007, 08:21 PM
We used RCCL (Mariner of the Seas) transportation service from Orlando MCO to the port last May and I wouldn't do that again. The reason being as said above, you have to wait for them and everyone else to board/luggage ect. There was and elderly man in a wheel chair that we let go ahead of us due to the fact that they could not get the chair lift working on one bus and this caused delays for everyone?? We ended up seeing him many times on our cruise and he thanked us each time. The ship did wait for us, but by the time we got on the lifeboat drill was over and we were ready to set sail. Next time I would use Happy, less stress and the cost is very close if not cheaper. I believe the cost is around $200.00 round trip and with RCCL it was $52.00 per person if I am remembering right. Hope this helps! Nat

TammiMcMan
04-29-2007, 12:58 AM
Carnival Cruise does offer shuttle service to and from the airport. Cost wise, it would probably be less expensive to take ME back to the airport, get your luggage and walk over to the Carnival Cruise shuttle bus area.

In terms of convenience, I would choose the town car service (accomodates 4). That will run you about $230 plus tip/roundtrip.