PDA

View Full Version : Tell me about the Food & Wine Festival

castlegirl
04-26-2007, 07:53 PM
What can you tell me about the Food & Wine Festival? :wine:

Your insider comments are always helpful!

Goofeygal
04-26-2007, 11:21 PM
I went to the food and wine festival this past year and had a blast. It is great being able to try bits of everything. The canadian cheese soup is to dye for. It is included in park admission and the there are stands all around World Show Case. They sell small portions of food so you can try many different things. It is great.:mickey:

em-n-mia's-mommy
04-27-2007, 12:12 AM
I went to the food and wine festival this past year and had a blast. It is great being able to try bits of everything. The canadian cheese soup is to dye for. It is included in park admission and the there are stands all around World Show Case. They sell small portions of food so you can try many different things. It is great.

We will be there at the very beginning of it. Because of your post i am soooo looking forward to this! This may be bad for me and my weight loss efforts, but oh well!

Crow
04-27-2007, 07:06 AM
i went in 2005. tip avoid the weekends as the lines are long at the booths then.
take advantage of free tastings. i went to a wine 1 and a Sam Adams that was interesting:beer:
i will b there again the first 2 days of it this yr...probably will b packed. i plan on snacking at the booths and not eating at TS places, for those days..no need to after the tastings....plus that will b after 6 days of free dining.
i enjoyed trying the diff :beer: even had a list someone had previously posted on the diff ones and their opinions.
id also say try the foods that are n't served inside at the TS

pox24
04-27-2007, 07:51 AM
One word of advice... don't eat for at least 3 days before you go, and throw any diet plans out the window.:D

TINKERBELL_82
04-27-2007, 08:01 AM
It's pretty cool. There's a ton of different food and drink booths set up around the WS. The only problem we ran into was the crowd. It's gained a lot of popularity over the last few years (especially with the Florida residents) and last year when we went the lines were insane at most of the booths.

Other than that, it's great! :thumbsup:

mrsgaribaldi
04-27-2007, 08:02 AM
We love it too. We've been to quite a few. I love to eat my way around the world. The best is the Bailey's trifle and the macademia nut tartlet, I had that like every night:cloud9:

T-Belle
04-27-2007, 08:38 AM
I loved it. It really is a great opportunity to try different foods.

This may be bad for me and my weight loss efforts, but oh well!

Didn't you know.....the Pixie Dust at WDW keeps all the food fat & calorie free!!!! As a matter of fact, you'll probably loose weight!!!

prttynpnk
04-27-2007, 10:33 AM
This October will be our 3rd yesr- we love it.
We plan a big lunch,then spend the evenings grazing stall-to-stall.
Last year we did the Sweet Sunday with Warren Brown from Sugar Rush and it was fabulous- we learned so much and ate so much and he was so friendly- we plan to do another this year.

Goes4FastPass
04-27-2007, 11:07 AM
I'll definitely be in the minority here.

We thought the F&W Fest was just OK.

You've heard portions are small so you get to try many things. We were in WShowcase both weekdays and weekends and lines were always long.

As an occasional WDW visitor, I just couldn't spend the day standing in lines to buy small samples of food. With kids in tow it would be impossible.

I had the impression the F&W Fest was more directed at locals and SP holders who have seen every attraction so many times they need a special reason to visit EPCOT.

mimi78
04-27-2007, 11:33 AM
Does anyone know if they came out with the specific event schedule yet? I looked around but couldn't find it.

I'm trying to find out if/when they are having the evening with Jim Koch from Sam Adams. My husband and I missed it by a day when we went in 05 and I don't remember if they had it last year. But we'd love to go this year if we can get tickets.

'Guest' of the MasterControlProgram
04-27-2007, 12:47 PM
We caught the last days of it (mid-Nov) in 2003. My now wife was in a hurry to get to America on the day we arrived to see Chubby Checker performing. I guess thats part of the "eat to the beat" entertainment? If they still have stuff like that, then that'll be cool. We didn't stop to look at every stand, but there were a few things I might have tried, although the prices made me think that I ought to get bigger portions! Seems like, "try a little of everything with little portions of everything (shhh... we keep the big prices)." But we're going in Oct so I'm gonna take a good look this time. We're excited.

One question: I can't remember... is it cash only? How about room charge, debit, and credit?

c&d
04-27-2007, 01:01 PM
Definitely try a Signature Dinner. They are expensive about $130/person but I think well worth it. When we were there we did the Trappers Dinner at Le Cellier and the Sam Adams dinner at the American Pavilion, hosted by Jim Koch. Both were excellent.

DH still talks about France the the creme brulee samples.

bleukarma
04-27-2007, 01:41 PM
My ex and I went last November for the first time and it’s really fun! We did the Party for the Senses dinner and it’s AMAZING!!! It’s like $125 a ticket but it’s SO worth it!!!!!!

If you want to see any of the free seminars get there early. We saw one of the seminars that a wine vineyard put on. We probably waited in line for at least half an hour. We were the last people allowed in. They don’t have a people counter so the people standing in line behind us were told that they may or may not get in and they were turned away after us. I feel bad, they stood in line for nothing. It’s suggested that on the bigger seminars you should get there about 45-1 hour early. I think some of them would be really worth it.

Also, we went on a Saturday and didn’t have much of a problem with crowds in the morning. We probably showed up at WS around 11:30 and we didn’t have long waits at all. In the evening it was insane though. Start eating around the different booths early!

My favs were the chedder cheese soup in Canada and Poland had a booth that served porgies. Very good!!! I think the worst though was Australia. We paid $4 for 2 or 3 shrimp.

Also, in the evening my ex wanted to get a beer. The Beers of the World booth had a massive line to it so he walked a few feet to the Ireland booth and got a Guiness with hardly any wait at all.

Fortgoofy97
04-27-2007, 01:55 PM
We plan a Fall trip every year to go to the F&W. It's a blast, samples of foods from all over the world. Some great other not so great! It's just the experience in being able to try a small portion of something you might not usually try. Plenty of wine and beer to sample! Tea tasting in England, cooking demos it is all fun! Can't wait to get there this fall!!! :number1:

SallyP
04-28-2007, 07:56 AM
Does anyone know if they came out with the specific event schedule yet? I looked around but couldn't find it.

:shake:
Don't look for the event schdule until mid-July or later. Last year we could make reservations starting on Monday, July 31 and I don't believe we had the schedule too much before that date.