PDA

View Full Version : Staying at CBR for the first time

Cinderelley
04-26-2007, 06:37 PM
Any tips, hints, info that anyone can give me?
We've requested building #45 in Jamaica.

rblais1968
04-26-2007, 07:07 PM
Make sure you take the time to rent the bikes and tour the entire resort. This was one of the best resorts for families. Take the time to enjoy the beach and feed the ducks!!

jenperich
04-26-2007, 07:46 PM
I loved CBR! It was so tropical and really fun. I stayed there with my extended family of 16 people and we all had a great time. You have to check out the main pool, IMHO it's one of the best themed pools in the World. Have a blast!

Pirate Granny
04-26-2007, 08:19 PM
We've stayed in Jamaica #42...room facing the water...it was a corner room, king bed...and only a couple of steps from the quiet pool and the beach...love the hammocks with my early morning tea...got up, walked over the bridge to the Old Port Royale Centertown to get breakfast and a tea...walked back and laid in the hammock for an hour watching the clouds go by...You'll love it...
Have a wonderful time :pirate:

T-Belle
04-27-2007, 08:28 AM
Hi Cinderelly!
My DD and I stayed here last year. We enjoy going back to our room mid afternoon for a little R&R and a quick pick me up:swim: swim. While the main pool is great, we enjoyed the smaller pool at our building (Trinidad North)as we usually had it all to ourselves.

Mariašoš
04-27-2007, 08:58 AM
I absolutely love the themeing of the main pool. You can usually find the main pool to be quiet in the mornings and later evening hours after the slide is closed. We always had our islands quiet pool to ourselves each time we went.

Be sure to rent bikes to ride around the resort. Lots of fun and great way to really see the resort.

Dance your way over the bridge and island to the beat of Caribbean music on your way to Old Port Royale. I really loved this walk and private island.

I absolutely love the layout of this resort. Yes, it's spread out, but that's the magic of this resort. You don't feel closed in like your being run over by a crowd of people as you can feel at other resorts.

Take time to really enjoy the resort!

Christine
04-27-2007, 09:00 AM
We have stayed at CBR twice. I love the calypso music playing through the grounds. It is impossible to walk to the food court, etc, without a little dance in your step!! :thumbsup:

Kate In Wonderland
04-27-2007, 09:07 AM
We have stayed at CBR twice. I love the calypso music playing through the grounds. It is impossible to walk to the food court, etc, without a little dance in your step!! :thumbsup:

Absolutely!!! :tiptoe:

Whenever I hear calypso music I always think about CBR. :music:

It's a wonderful resort. Have a great time!!!

Cinderella's Lady in Waiting
04-27-2007, 05:31 PM
We've requested building #45 in Jamaica.
:number1: Buildings #45 & #46 our favorites!!!!

mdricks
04-27-2007, 05:38 PM
Me and DW DS#1 and DS#2 rented two water mice last time we were there and had a blast. Stayed in Jamicia as well (bld#45) and were floored at how nice the placement of this building is in relation to everything. The walk arcross the bridge is not a hinderence but is in fact an added bonus. If you go down towards the lighthouse at night you can just see illuminations over the trees across the water.

Have Fun!!!!
:number1:

2disneyfans
04-28-2007, 08:04 AM
DW and I stay in building #42 April of 2006, this was our first trip to WDW, we absolutely loved it. Our room was facing the courtyard and it was very quite. We loved walking over the bridge to OPR and listening to the island music. Definitely take time to relax on the hammocks. Cannot wait until June when we return to WDW and CBR:pirate:

Cinderelley
04-28-2007, 06:16 PM
Thanks for the info everyone. It sounds like we'll have a great time at the resort! Do they give you a map of the resort when you check in, so that I know where the lighthouse is? It would be great to watch Illuminations from the resort on the first night we're there.

Mariašoš
04-28-2007, 08:45 PM
Yes, when you check in they give you a packet of information including a map of the resort.
{snip}

Donalds Duckie
04-29-2007, 04:51 PM
You are going to love CBR!:cloud9: I've stayed there many times and if I try another resort I go right back to CBR the next rrip.:cool: I have stayed in 45 a couple of times and in 41, 42, 43 and 46.

I always request Jamaica. The only time I did not get my request at CBR was the trip I checked in about 12:30 A.m., Fri. night of Halloween. But, I got Aruba, my #2 choice, whichis right next to Jamaica.

I love going over the bridge in the mornings for coffee and I cannot get enough of the steel drums playing through the resort. I travel solo and always feel comfortable going over the bridge day or night.

Definitely take advantage of the main pool but the Jamaica quiet pool is awesome. Whether you rent bikes, walk, or jog it's a defnite must-do to walk around the lake if your itinerary allows the time.

I'll be back at CBR in just 26 days (yay!) for F&G Show and I have decided to change my Dec. trip from Yacht Club Concierge to CBR Water view (requesting Jamaica #4523, of course) so I can add 3 nights to my stay, live it up dining, attend MVMCP 2 times, take the Holiday tour at MK and still save money:thumbsup:

What time of year are you going and how long is your stay?

droopy d.
04-29-2007, 05:30 PM
We had a really good time last year when we were their. Have a great trip!:mickey:

Cinderelley
05-02-2007, 02:22 AM
IWhat time of year are you going and how long is your stay?

We'll be there at the end of September for 8 days. We're looking forward to lying in the hammocks and sipping drinks.

Thanks for the info everyone! I'm really looking forward to it.