PDA

View Full Version : Is Ohana Buffet Recommended?

tarjaybuff
04-26-2007, 04:41 PM
I heard that there are 2 top buffet experience. The one is Hoop Dee Doo Revue, and I thought the other was the Ohana dinner buffet. Does anyone have any input, or can tell me how it is? Are there characters or traditional dances? :mickey: Thanks!

jonsmom
04-26-2007, 05:00 PM
O'Hanna is a family-style meal, not a buffet. We were just there on Saturdaynight & I will try to recall what the meal consisted of.

Chicken wings, fried wontons, Sweet/sour shrimp, roasted veggies, scalloped potatos and dipping sauces for the meats, which consisted of pork sausage, turkey, pork, steak.

Dessert was Bannanas Foster. Very good.

It was an excellent meal. There is a woman who plays the ukeleli (Sp?), sings songs, encourages children to learn the hula, coconut races for kids and hoola hooping.

Great night!

DVC2004
04-26-2007, 05:05 PM
O'Hana is all you care to eat but served tableside. It's great. There are some activities (coconut races for kids, live music at times) but no traditional dances. For that you would want to go to the Spirit of Aloha dinner show, also at the Poly but held outside in Luau Cove. That has the dancing, music, fire twirling, ect. The food there is also very good.

KylesMom
04-26-2007, 05:29 PM
I would not classify Hoop-De-Doo as a buffet, either. It is a dinner show where you're served family-style as well. I believe the meal consists of all-you-can-eat chicken, ribs, biscuits, corn, baked beans & strawberry shortcake for dessert.

I agree that Ohana is excellent!:mickey:

Two of our favorite "buffet" meals include Chef Mickey's in The Contemporary and Crystal Palace in the Magic Kingdom. :mickey:

Shugoondola
04-26-2007, 05:35 PM
I recommend dinner at 'Ohana!! It's one of my all-time favorites. :tasty:

:mickey:

2disneyfans
04-26-2007, 09:35 PM
DW and I ate at Ohana's April of 2006 and absolutley loved it. BIG:fan: The food is excellent, cooked over a fire pit, and the atmosphere was great! We are definitely returning there this June. Can't Wait!:woohoo:

Goofy Pluto
04-27-2007, 01:36 PM
..., which consisted of pork sausage, turkey, pork, steak.

Do they not have shrimp any more? (It's been a while since we went...)

DVC2004
04-27-2007, 01:51 PM
Do they not have shrimp any more? (It's been a while since we went...)

Not on the grilled skewers anymore. It's a little different, sweet and sour, served as an appetizer. Also the dessert is now bread pudding; they no longer serve the pineapple with caramel sauce.